• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto to Boruto General Discussion Thread 52

Battler356ushiromiya said:
So what would hogoromo's crossing time to meet naruto feat be at, and will it also be an speed feat. Can databook statements be taken?
It wouldn't be a speed feat. We literally don't know how it was done at all. He could have just used hax.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
On the profiles.

Limited Power Nullification(The Truth Seeking Balls erase and nullify ninjutsu, which includes energy and elemental based attacks, with the exception of those imbued with natural energy)

Should be given the proper range of what Ninjutsu can do you know what I mean?
tobirama said Truth-Seeking orb can nullify all ninjutsu

and alomost every jutsu fall under ninjutsu exluding genjutsu or taijutsu

Hagoromo was never stated to cross time. He explains himself that his chakra/spirit lingered in the mortal world, watching over his sons and their descendants, and the rest of the shinobi world as it developed.

He could summon the spirits of whoever and had a weird interaction with purgatory, the pure land and the living world, able to travel to whichever at will throughout time. Able to teleport whoever wherever whenever it seems.

Yeah and this is just his ghost form,let alone his Prime Juubi Jin Form

In my personal headcanon i take Prime Hogoromo as Universal
My personal head canon I have him at 5-A, but could see him being higher tbh. Lacks feats though unfortunately

My personal head canon I have him at 5-A, but could see him being higher tbh. Lacks feats though unfortunately

His statements and lore makes him seem like an tier 3 being,especially what all he's capable of as a mere ghost

Right. I'm wondering what does Hogoromo's rinnegan's abilities are since it's been classified as Kekkei Mora(the strongest rinnegan) unlike other such Sasuke and madara's which are just kekkei genkais and their abilities being ameno and limbo.

It seems hags rinnegan had all these abilities and even much more

Right. I'm wondering what does Hogoromo's rinnegan's abilities are since it's been classified as Kekkei Mora(the strongest rinnegan) unlike other such Sasuke and madara's which are just kekkei genkais and their abilities being ameno and limbo.

It seems hags rinnegan had all these abilities and even much more
That's actually very likely. Each Rinnegan seems to have a special ability similar to Mangekyou Sharingan that differs between each user. I bet Hagoromo's ability was insanely OP.

I think since hags rinnegan is kekkei mora which is also known as the very first/originator rinnegan bestowed directly from the god tree,it has all the abilities and each time a character unlocks rinnegan they get a special ability of those many abilities of the originator rinnegan and gets the term kekkei genkai.

Brah1234567 said:
it's absoulute bullshit that we never got to see madara ms ability.
Bro this shit LITERALLY keeps me up at night. I'm genuinely bothered that we don't know Madara's MS ability to this day lol...

It's the #1 Naruto mystery imo

my head canon is that Madara's MS ability is rewinding time like the filler from the games or something that way i can imagine Madara losing to Hashirama and just going "Its rewind time" and then still lose lmao

NotCensored said:
my head canon is that Madara's MS ability is rewinding time like the filler from the games or something that way i can imagine Madara losing to Hashirama and just going "Its rewind time" and then still lose lmao
Lol.... It's the only lead we've got, but you'd think he'd use such an overpowered ability more often lmao

But he didn't rewind time, in that scene from the game the shuriken flew back to the tree root it came from..it we'd just showcasing the sharingan's predictive capabilities.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
On the profiles.

Limited Power Nullification(The Truth Seeking Balls erase and nullify ninjutsu, which includes energy and elemental based attacks, with the exception of those imbued with natural energy)

Should be given the proper range of what Ninjutsu can do you know what I mean?
Then I think you are reading it wrong, as it says "which includes", not "which merely consists of".

@Lancelot

Doesn't change that the description is extremely lacking and gives readers who aren't that knowledgeable in the series the wrong idea. It's like saying an 8-C character can destroy a wall(9-B) and then not explaining the full extent of it's capabilities. It's technically true, but a bit of a low ball nonetheless.

The P&A is already long, being unnecessarily wordy isn't worth the trouble. It'd be much better writing that on the generally more lengthy Notable Powers and Abilities thingy. Is not a lowball jesus, is just keeping things compact.

Which, seeing the profile, is already mentioned in Madara's section, even if it is at the bottom of Notable Attacks/Techniques because he has too much shit.

I thinkthink mentioning that a Power nullification can nullify more than energy attacks isn't being unnecessary. It's kind of a big deal imo lol. And it won't be overly long either, all we'd have to do is add a sentence lol.

Which is my point, it says it is among the things it nulls. If people read that and they honestly think that's all or don't ask further, which rarely happens, then they are being idiots.

There's no need to bloat P&A.

Well I've seen the TSB be downplayed in many vs threads, but alright lol. I'll keep what you said in mind then.

Just smack them outside the head while yelling "YOU FORKING WHIPPERSNAPPER" and explain in better detail.

Works every time.

Of course, my whole spiel about Edo Tensei was to outline that the nature of the ability matters when we try equalizing Truth Seeking Balls.

...Do Mangekyou Sharingans have unique abilities of their own?

Itachi, for example. Tsukuyomi is a standard MS power. The only thing special about his eyes were the Totsuka Blade and Yata Mirror on his Susano'o, both of which must have existed before Itachi did, as Orochimaru claimed to have been searching for them for decades. Sasuke has Enton: Kagutsuchi, but according to Tobirama, he's seen that ability before in other Uchiha.

The only two with confirmed unique MS abilities are Obito (Kamui) and Shisui (Kotoamatsukami).

Tsukuyomi is not something any MS user can perform. It's exclusive to Itachi(and possibly EMS Sasuke).

So yeah Madara should have a unique MS power.

They have.

Obito has Kamui. Itachi has Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. Sasuke has Amaterasu and an ability to control the amaterasu flames.

Either the person has 2 abilities, or they have 1 with each eye providiing something for it (one eye of sasuke makes the flames, the other controls it. One eye of Obito serves at close range and for himself, the other at long range). Susanoo then is awakened when the power of both eyes is awakened.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Just smack them outside the head while yelling "YOU FORKING WHIPPERSNAPPER" and explain in better detail.

Works every time.

Of course, my whole spiel about Edo Tensei was to outline that the nature of the ability matters when we try equalizing Truth Seeking Balls.
Lmao. In the name of king Radovid!

Actually the only Uchiha that has the exact same ability in both eyes is Shisui. Every other MS user has either two different ones or two different variations of the same power, as Lancelot explained.

I honestly feel the same would likely be the case for Shisui, we just know barely anything about him or saw much of his ability except simply being used on other people, so we have zero clue.

I don't doubt Kishi would have gone into way more detail if they had had a much bigger impact or Shisui had been revived,

That...that isn't true at all. Amaterasu is a standard MS ability. Tsukuyomi is a standard MS ability. Obito and Madara both use Tsukuyomi, Obito against Kakashi while they're fighting in the Kamui dimension, and Madara uses it on Obito (without even having a Mangekyou Sharingan-capable spare eye!) when Obito's able to stand on his own again after Madara saved him. Though, it is true that neither Madara nor Obito use Amaterasu in any canon showing, the latter can be attributed to Obito never having his right eye until the end of his life, when he mostly uses it for Kamui shenanigans.

Like, I don't know where you're getting that Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are unique powers, because they aren't. It's like trying to claim Susano'o is unique. While it's true that Sasuke never uses Tsukuyomi, it's stated many times that he's shitty at genjutsu. He doesn't get better at genjutsu until he gets his Rinnegan (where he's then able to put all 9 tailed beasts into a Rinnegan genjutsu without even making eye contact with any single one of them).

Hell, the whole point of the Infinite Tsukuyomi is for Madara to reflect his Sharingan on the moon, to cast Tsukuyomi over the entire world...

Like, again. Kagutsuchi/Amaterasu? Not unique. Tobirama says he's seen it before, but never so refined when he sees Sasuke use it. He even refers to Kagutsuchi by name.

Tsukuyomi? Not unique. Performed by Obito, Madara, and Itachi.

Only confirmed unique powers are Kamui and Kotoamatsukami.

Except nobody other Than Sasuke and Itachi used Amaterasu. And Nobody other than Itachi used Tsukuyomi. IT is a different Jutsu all together that just happens to share a similar name. IT originally belonged to Kaguya, designed to ensnare the Earth's population and drain them of chakra while trapping them in a dream. Regular Tsukuyomi works by Manipulating the target's sense of time and space in a genjutsu, which is how Itachi managed to Make his girlfriend live an entire lifetime in an instant.

The Genjutsu Madara used on Obito is just a regular MS genjutsu.

Side note i keep wondering if Jinraiden is canon i mean it doesn't contradict anything in the overall story but i can't find anything to confirm it I've heard people say its canon tho

NotCensored said:
Side note i keep wondering if Jinraiden is canon i mean it doesn't contradict anything in the overall story but i can't find anything to confirm it I've heard people say its canon tho
I'm also curious would people even give sasuke tsukuyomi from this novel, and im only saying that because it was never outright said in the novel it was tsukuyomi, yet it was described exactly as such but idk.

I think that's why there's a footnote on Sasuke's profile that gives him Tsukuyomi optionally in VS threads.

I'm pretty sure Jinraiden should be canon. It fits in the timeline and everything. Explains events thst happened when the manga never gave light on them

I think Sasuke is unique in his control of his Ametarsu flames, doesn't it evolve into Blaze style or something like that?

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Except nobody other Than Sasuke and Itachi used Amaterasu. And Nobody other than Itachi used Tsukuyomi. IT is a different Jutsu all together that just happens to share a similar name. IT originally belonged to Kaguya, designed to ensnare the Earth's population and drain them of chakra while trapping them in a dream. Regular Tsukuyomi works by Manipulating the target's sense of time and space in a genjutsu, which is how Itachi managed to Make his girlfriend live an entire lifetime in an instant.
The Genjutsu Madara used on Obito is just a regular MS genjutsu.
I will dig up the scans if I have to, but "regular MS genjutsu" is just "regular Sharingan genjutsu". Madara explicitly says "Tsukuyomi" when he casts it on young Obito, and Obito explicitly says "Tsukuyomi" when he casts in on Kakashi in the Kamui dimension.

And again, THE SECOND HOKAGE, Tobirama, who STUDIED AND FOUGHT THE UCHIHA MANY TIMES, recognized Enton: Kagutsuchi/Inferno Style/Blaze Release BY NAME, and said he'd "never seen such refined control" when he saw Sasuke use it in the Fourth Ninja War.

These are not unique powers.

Personally, it makes little to no sense that he has actually seen one before or that it is the same thing. Sasuke didn't even know about Mangekyo initially, but then he uses the specific name for a technique he has no clue about and that has existed elsewhere, which is Blaze Release...?

There's no mention of "Tsukuyomi" when Madara draws Obito into his mental world. Rather, he mentions drawing on the power of the Demonic Statue to create whatever he needs or wants, big or small, in said empty world, which we know has 0 to do with Tsukuyomi. I also don't remember him actually calling out Tsukuyomi while using Genjutsu on Kakashi.

Back