• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He does not, unless you have a solid way to scale base Kido that doesn't result in circular scaling. In which case, we can definitely make something happen 👀
Well.....
what's this
A server with the translated databook in question
Not all Raiton Jutsu are accepted as being as fast as lightning.
The jutsu isn't the main justification for what I'm thinking (at least not the way i think most people think about it) but regardless, DT said this
Electricity flowing through air is lightning.
Our standards are pretty clear that things don't need to be cloud-to-ground lightning to qualify (given, there are qualifiers that need to be fulfilled). Whether or not the word "lightning" is used to describe it doesn't really matter. We don't rank things by what they're called, but by what they are, and there is no real difference between electricity flowing through air called lightning and electricity flowing through air called something else.
So provided they're lightning in nature and fulfill the like 4 criteria on the page, it should be fine.
Obviously, a CRT needs to be done to apply that to narutoverse.
True, that's why I haven't made a major CRT for naruto, I don't want to interfere with his plans(plus i am very busy working on chinamen😭) Even though I didn't join the wiki for naruto, it is still very important to me so I was willing to help but turns out that Slayer has already planned the entire verse's future like Aizen.
I did join wiki for Naruto
Heck, my very first CRT was based off the Sakura - Kido Stuff
Got packed up by Slayer and KT in like the first 5 messages
My interest has expanded since then

So provided they're lightning in nature and fulfill the like 4 criteria on the page, it should be fine.
Obviously, a CRT needs to be done to apply that to narutoverse.
Hey, look, I don't mind provided it gets accepted in a CRT.
My only concern then regarding the Kido example specifically would be circular scaling, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

It's specifically accepted only for Six Paths chakra users, not Senjutsu users.
Dam
Not all Raiton Jutsu are accepted as being as fast as lightning.
Ik I meant as the general standard when it meets lightning criteria
the issue with this and what makes it less impressive is that he was still intending to intercept someone, its just that his target changed, obviously it can be disorientating but someone who is faster and equally skilled should be able to react to this. Minato's case is different as his literally teleporting away from the person in a completely different direction than what they were aiming so he can flank them.
I agree that it's somewhat different, but it's not like Jigen was about to get ready for a new attack and then the new attack was just substituted with Sasuke's, Jigen thought he had already intercepted Naruto and was about to absorb his jutsu, when a new attack suddenly appeared. I suppose it is a bit unquantifiable, but it definitely adds to the idea that K2 Jigen is quite significantly faster than Naruto and Sasuke.
According to the blog, animal shaped raiton do not qualify for LS(no sufficient answer as to why) even citing Darui's Lightning Release: Black Panther as an example of what type of raiton jutsu do not qualify for LS yet it uses a scan of that specific jutsu of darui conducting in water as a justification for for raiton being LS. Quite contradictory don't ya think?

Introduction​

I will show all criteria raiton has to be considered real lightning and to have the speed of 400,000 m/s.

Flowing through conducting materials​

Questions​

So all Raiton jutsus have lightning speed?

Obviously not. Only some raiton jutsus does have it, like a lightning shot, from Kakuzu or Mitsuki. Animal shaped lightning, like Kakashi Hatake's lightning and Darui's Black Panther are not lightning speed.

Note: This post is not meant undermine the blogger work.
That's pretty funny since Black Panther specifically is compared to lightning in speed (although the kanji used probably isn't literal, it just feels ironic)

Naruto prob doesnt have the best power system but its definitely one of the most creative and fun when you get into it. and like a large majority of the Jutsu are also tied to history and the world building of the story, so you end up getting both a new ability and often worldbuilding at the same time

I don't like Naruto power system. I just think the hand signs, fire, water splash attack, frogs, knife and weird animals summoning are silly. I love how DB is just pure muscle strength 💪 and badass big energy explosions.

Yeah, the power system's a lot better than most people give it credit for. Only for ya'll mfers to go on and treat it like its DBS 2.0 anyway. 🗿
Being a good power system and having big power cliffing aren't mutually exclusive 🗿
whats yall fav Jutsu that first appeared in each part.

so Part 1 Nard>part 2 nard>part 1 bort>part 2 bort.
Narrowing that down to just one is too tough so I'll just list the top 5 that come to mind (other than for TBV)

Part 1 Naruto
  • Shadow Clones
  • Chidori/Raikiri
  • Rasengan
  • Hidden Lotus
  • Tsukuyomi
Part 2 Naruto
  • Flying Raijin
  • Kirin
  • Susanoo (variants like MAS included)
  • Rinnegan (and associated abilities)
  • Kamui
Part 1 Boruto
  • Sukunahikona
  • Daikokuten
  • Baryon Mode
  • Omnipotence
  • Amenetojikara
Part 2 Boruto
  • Rasengan Uzuhiko (but Boruto's use of Flying Raijin is an honorable mention)

kakuzu wank back in 2021 was insane. Someone that lost to pre Sage mode nardo.

"Um but kakuzu was tricked and caught off guard"

After realizing he was tricked, he still got beaten despite the considerable distance between him and nardo. Kakuzu flexed his experience so much just to get tricked by a shadow clone😭
Kakshi is right, he is indeed a worm, he even uses earth style.

Since Hagoromo and Hamura inherited the power of the ten tails from their mother (Kaguya) enabling them to awaken the Rinnegan and Tenseigan respectively, it makes sense that Boruto and Himawari have powerful potential from birth.

"I summon the Ten-Tails!!! YOU WILL ALL DIE HERE!!!"

"Reaper Death Seal."
I know I'm coping but I hope Boruto brings back the Shinigami and goes more into what he is ( alongside all the other gods that apparently exist in the verse as shown by the masks at the Uzumaki Shrine in the War Arc )

Like what? Did the Uzumaki Clan just jump random gods strolling through the woods or something? 💀

part 1 - thousand years of death (more seruous awnser would be anything hyga related like gentel fist/rotation)

part 2 , theres a lot so here a few - asakujaku, jubi tenpachi, chidori variants, kamui, kotoamatsukami

bonus from the last - light of justice

part 1 bort - omnipotence or daikokuten

part 2 bort -Uzihiko

I know I'm coping but I hope Boruto brings back the Shinigami and goes more into what he is ( alongside all the other gods that apparently exist in the verse as shown by the masks at the Uzumaki Shrine in the War Arc )

Like what? Did the Uzumaki Clan just jump random gods strolling through the woods or something? 💀
We know Senjutsu goes way back before Hagoromo, the use of chakra could have been practiced in secret.

I suspect the Uzumakis were the first humans with control of chakra. They were probably a tribe of monks/priests whose power may have come from the Shikkotsu Forest. It's possible they were catching and binding Otsutsuki with powerful seals (>> Monk Jigen)

The way I see the lore.

Hagoromo and Hamura were born with bits of Ten Tails power they had inherited from Kaguya.

The Shinju/Juubi can partition itself into parts (fission incarnations). That includes the body and chakra.

Hagoromo and Hamura fought one of its partition (fission incarnation) which was trying to reclaim the chakra that was inherited by both of them (the sins of their mother). Hagoromo and Hamura could not defeat the Juubi incarnation due to its high regeneration, however, they could seal it. They sealed it into Hagoromo. Hagoromo trained with the newly acquired Juubi and awakened more power to which he developed the yin and yang seals. He partitioned his power and gave the yin seal to Hamura.

Then, both brothers challenged Kaguya and defeated her with the power of the yin and yang seals. They separated Kaguya's chakra from her body, literally turned her into a vegetable (demonic statue), and sealed her in the newly constructed moon. Hamura returned the yin seal to Hagoromo and moved to the moon.

Hagoromo, using the rinnegan, most likely would have absorbed the Juubi's chakra from Kaguya into his body, further strengthening the Juubi's incarnation within him. At the end of his life, he extracted the juubi's chakra within him, split it into nine, and created the tailed beasts. He survived this extraction because of the body of the Juubi (demonic statue) which was still inside him. This was confirmed by Kurama. Then upon death, he merged the remaining body of the ten tails with the one already sealed in the moon.

Last edited:

What I think is that the Uzumaki chains sort of represent the binding force that is chakra. If anyone could contain a god, it's them. That said, I think the Reaper just appears if you perform a self-sacrifice in its name, and the masks just have connections to worshippers of the spirits.

Naruto Part 1: Kimimaro's Spine ability or Kakashi's Ninken
Naruto Part 2: Rasenshuriken, Kirin, or Lairat

Boruto Part 1: Boruto Stream, Compression Rasengan, or Code's Claw Marks
Boruto Part 2: Uzuhiko or the alive God Trees

Back