• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Honestly aside from Naruto and I guess Danzo Hiruzen wasn't too bad...it's just that **** up with Naruto is hard to pass by and really puts a big stinker on his Character.

Naruto listening to how garaa became a serial killer
cover5.jpg

i like how the 3rd hokage is talking about protecting those close to you and how he views the whole village knowing damm well he left a child to fend for himself while being shunned by most of the village
He's viewed as the father of the village cause he did just that: he treated everyone like family.
He took care of multiple orphans, making sure they didn't starve or die and were safe in the village until they were old enough to be sent on missions. By then, they were expected to be able to take care of themselves, as sad as that is.
That crystal ball wasn't just for show; he's always using it to watch over the people of the village, and he's seen showing care towards orphans and problem kids like Naruto, Iruka and the like
A lot of Naruto's childhood problems are blamed on Hiruzen, and I admit he's not the greatest person, but I think he did a pretty good job.
Naruto wasn't blasting out of both ends all the time, so you can tell the milk thing was just a case of him being a bozo and forgetting to check the expiry date; it happens to the best of us, lol.
For the shunning thing, Hiruzen actively tried to let people know that Naruto was a "hero" for bearing the Nine Tails in him, but if you're a grief-stricken person, it doesn't matter what or who you are, they'll hate you regardless of how irrational it is.
That's why he switched to making all the adults who knew Naruto harboured to Nine Tails stop talking about it, or else they face harsh punishment, but seeing how they treated him, the kids of said adults shunned Naruto too. It's an excellent example of prejudice.
There are some revelations later on that make people ask questions about the villagers' "intelligence," but there are also multiple cases like Naruto in different villages that show that no matter who you are or who your parents are, that won't stop people from blaming the sins of another on you.

I have a feeling Daemon is gonna catch Kawaki alone at night or something in one of these chapters and then royally beat his ass. I’ve noticed that everytime Kawaki interacts with Eida, Daemon either is on Kawaki’s head, or him watching “…” is emphasized.

He's viewed as the father of the village cause he did just that: he treated everyone like family.
He took care of multiple orphans, making sure they didn't starve or die and were safe in the village until they were old enough to be sent on missions. By then, they were expected to be able to take care of themselves, as sad as that is.
That crystal ball wasn't just for show; he's always using it to watch over the people of the village, and he's seen showing care towards orphans and problem kids like Naruto, Iruka and the like
A lot of Naruto's childhood problems are blamed on Hiruzen, and I admit he's not the greatest person, but I think he did a pretty good job.
Naruto wasn't blasting out of both ends all the time, so you can tell the milk thing was just a case of him being a bozo and forgetting to check the expiry date; it happens to the best of us, lol.
For the shunning thing, Hiruzen actively tried to let people know that Naruto was a "hero" for bearing the Nine Tails in him, but if you're a grief-stricken person, it doesn't matter what or who you are, they'll hate you regardless of how irrational it is.
That's why he switched to making all the adults who knew Naruto harboured to Nine Tails stop talking about it, or else they face harsh punishment, but seeing how they treated him, the kids of said adults shunned Naruto too. It's an excellent example of prejudice.
There are some revelations later on that make people ask questions about the villagers' "intelligence," but there are also multiple cases like Naruto in different villages that show that no matter who you are or who your parents are, that won't stop people from blaming the sins of another on you.
I guess but like, Naruto is kind of a special case. Like he literally has a super demon locked up inside him. That’s not just something you should let kind of live on its own even if your watching from afar.

I guess but like, Naruto is kind of a special case. Like he literally has a super demon locked up inside him. That’s not just something you should let kind of live on its own even if your watching from afar.
He trusted the seal the Fourth Hokage used and made sure no one outside the village had any intel on Naruto's status. His mates don't even know.
The reason we see the Nine Tails chakra so much in the series is because the seal weakens every year and its been 12 years since Fourth died at the start of the series and 13 years by the time the Chunin Exams roll around.

Maybe it's my weird ass standars because I don't live in a super luxurious apartment but Naruto's apartment never looked crappy to me, it looked kinda cozy actually.

Also Naruto is such a pro for managing to live on his own as a child.

He trusted the seal the Fourth Hokage used and made sure no one outside the village had any intel on Naruto's status. His mates don't even know.
The reason we see the Nine Tails chakra so much in the series is because the seal weakens every year and its been 12 years since Fourth died at the start of the series and 13 years by the time the Chunin Exams roll around.
I’m not necessarily only talking about his trust in the seal more of just Naruto’s existence as the host of the demon should warrant better treatment then what he got

Last edited:
I think it's because they didn't want to make Naruto too notorious because people might suspect that a child getting this much special treatment might mean something, especially cause they didn't want to know his parentage.

Like, part of the reason Naruto's treatment got as bad as it got it's because Hiruzen and the 4th Hokage thought everyone would see him as a Hero for keeping the Nine Tails sealed, they didn't expect that everyone would hate Naruto by proxy and by then the damage was already done.

And TBF, Sasuke was the last of a very prestigious clan that just got exterminated and he didn't get any preferential treatment, he lived in the same condition as Naruto even if he wasn't shunned by everyone like Naruto was.

I think it's because they didn't want to make Naruto too notorious because people might suspect that a child getting this much special treatment might mean something, especially cause they didn't want to know his parentage.

Like, part of the reason Naruto's treatment got as bad as it got it's because Hiruzen and the 4th Hokage thought everyone would see him as a Hero for keeping the Nine Tails sealed, they didn't expect that everyone would hate Naruto by proxy and by then the damage was already done.

And TBF, Sasuke was the last of a very prestigious clan that just got exterminated and he didn't get any preferential treatment, he lived in the same condition as Naruto even if he wasn't shunned by everyone like Naruto was.
You mean from other villages?

Ya idk what they were doing with sasuke

I’m not necessarily only talking about his trust in the seal more of just Naruto’s existence as the host of the demon should warrant better treatment then what he got
It was pretty much either that, or shit like this...

Hiruzen wasn't perfect, but he probably fought tooth and nail to allow Naruto to have the kind freedom he did. Otherwise, Danzo and the goon squad (the Elders) would've made Naruto's life infinitely worse. He got off relatively easy compared to many other Jinchūriki. He didn't want Naruto to spend his childhood as a "living weapon". He didn't want him to be confined.
The villagers hated Naruto for what the Nine Tails did to them and/or their loved ones, but it's not like Hiruzen had any control over that. He tried to help matters by making it forbidden to speak about the Nine Tails and making Naruto's Jinchuriki status a secret, but there's only so much he could do in that situation.

Hiruzen's not a perfect man, nor a perfect Hokage by any means, but I feel like he gets a lot of unwarranted hate nowadays imo. If there's a true fumble in his career, it'd be the Uchiha Clan massacre tbf. And even that isn't fully his fault, really. He tried brokering a peaceful solution at every turn, but was constantly undermined by Danzo's crusty ass.

Yeah Hiruzen reminds me a lot of Roku from Avatar The Last Airbender.
Both very strong loving people but their loving and forgiving nature came at the price of great tragedies happening because they didn't have the heart to fully "end" the bad people close to them.
For Hiruzen this was Danzo and Orochimaru, leading to Uchiha massacre and Konoha Crush. And for Roku it was Sozin, leading to the 100 year war and the genocide of Air Nomads.

It was pretty much either that, or shit like this...

Hiruzen wasn't perfect, but he probably fought tooth and nail to allow Naruto to have the kind freedom he did. Otherwise, Danzo and the goon squad (the Elders) would've made Naruto's life infinitely worse. He got off relatively easy compared to many other Jinchūriki. He didn't want Naruto to spend his childhood as a "living weapon". He didn't want him to be confined.
The villagers hated Naruto for what the Nine Tails did to them and/or their loved ones, but it's not like Hiruzen had any control over that. He tried to help matters by making it forbidden to speak about the Nine Tails and making Naruto's Jinchuriki status a secret, but there's only so much he could do in that situation.

Hiruzen's not a perfect man, nor a perfect Hokage by any means, but I feel like he gets a lot of unwarranted hate nowadays imo. If there's a true fumble in his career, it'd be the Uchiha Clan massacre tbf. And even that isn't fully his fault, really. He tried brokering a peaceful solution at every turn, but was constantly undermined by Danzo's crusty ass.
I haven’t seen or heard of some of these character’s or there backstories yet so to avoid being spoiled imma just take your word for hiruzen being good guy for now

Yeah Hiruzen reminds me a lot of Roku from Avatar The Last Airbender.
Both very strong loving people but their loving and forgiving nature came at the price of great tragedies happening because they didn't have the heart to fully "end" the bad people close to them.
For Hiruzen this was Danzo and Orochimaru, leading to Uchiha massacre and Konoha Crush. And for Roku it was Sozin, leading to the 100 year war and the genocide of Air Nomads.
This is probably one of my favorite analogies ngl ( Hiruzen being Roku of the Naruto verse )

Yeah I know we all love to make Hiruzen is a bum memes ( anyone saying otherwise is a dirty liar )

But he DID try his best to have Naruto have a normal life and as bad as he had it at times he certainly had it better than several Jinchuriki

Even just having Hiruzen and Teuchi/Ayame as the closest thing he had to familial figures was automatically better than what Gaara had

Back