• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gamakichi's attack, which is a liquid-type substance, was sliding off of the TSB. Naruto and Tobirama reached their conclusions because the Jutsu wasn't erased or nullified, not because it damaged the TSB.

I think he just retconed the speed of kirin, even because the second fanbook and the fourth databook, which are consistent with each other, came out much later.
I think Kishi just doesn’t know how fast lightning is. If you google “how fast is lightning” the first thing that pops up is “light speed” before explaining that it’s a common misconception that lightning is light speed, but if you don’t read further you’ll miss that

I think Kishi just doesn’t know how fast lightning is. If you google “how fast is lightning” the first thing that pops up is “light speed” before explaining that it’s a common misconception that lightning is light speed, but if you don’t read further you’ll miss that
Madara thought lightning would tag Naruto and Sasuke so yeah.

Assumung Kishi even wrote those entries in the databook. Some intern probably Googled it.

Assumung Kishi even wrote those entries in the databook. Some intern probably Googled it.
I might have some stuff for you.

This is from Naruto databook 1.

And here is the translation from Google translate and yandex translator.
【秘伝・臨の書】
~おわりに
岸本斉史より~
まずは、この本を手にとって下さった皆さんありがとうご ざいます!! ファンの皆さんの支えがあって 『NARUTO-ナ ルト-」の世界がどんどん広がって、このような素敵な本が 出せたことは僕にとってホントに嬉しいことです。
そして、この本を作るにあたって大変なご尽力をいただい た、萩原氏をはじめとするキャラメル・ママの皆さん、田 熊氏をはじめとするデザイナーの皆さん、 担当作氏に、 この場を借りてホントに感謝したいと思います。
ホントにありがとうございます。 ・・・そして、次もヨロシクお願いします。
実はこの本が出た時点で、次の「兵の書』の企画も始まっ ております(汗)
「ファンブック」というきりくちで、さらにファンの皆さんと の共同制作に近いものになると思います。 僕もさらにさら に頑張っていくので、ファンの皆さんも是非、この本に関 わってやって下さい。 よろしく!!
これからも NARUTO-ナルト-」を 応援して下さい!! よろしくね!!
Translation :-

~ Conclusion
From Masashi Kishimoto ~
First of all, thank you to everyone who picked up this book !! With the support of all the fans, the world of "NARUTO" has expanded steadily, and it is for me that such a wonderful book could be published. I'm really happy.
And I would like to take this opportunity to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Hagiwara and other caramel moms, Mr. Takuma and other designers, and Mr. Takuma for their great efforts in making this book. I would like to thank you.
Thank you very much.・ ・ ・ And please continue to work next time.
Actually, when this book came out, the planning of the next "Soldier's Book" had started (sweat).
I think that the “fan book” will be more like a collaborative production with fans. I will do my best, so I hope all the fans will be involved in this book. nice to meet you!!
Please continue to support his "NARUTO" !! Nice to meet you !!
This clearly states that some other authors and designers worked on the databook 1.
Next databook 4 also says this.
スタッフ皆で苦労して 作り上げた本です!
この本が皆様にとって 大切な本になるといい・あぁ・・
陣の書を読んで下さった皆様 ありがとうございます!!
Translation :-
This is a book that all the staff have worked hard to create!
I hope this book will be an important book for everyone ...
Thank you to everyone who read Jin's book !!
Then the official translated databook 3 also says something like this.
Note :- I am using Google lens and Google translate to translate these so they may not be accurate.
Sauce

It's not because kishi doesn't know anything. It's because speed of light and lightspeed is a popular literary device in Japanese literature. You can literally find lightspeed car statements in romantic Japaneae novels.

Ig scans backing up the literary device
you cant really get scans for these kind of things, given they contextual and literary devices are umbrella term in of themselves. but you can point to terms being used as common literary devices by sheer reference material which there is a lot. the English equivalent would be lightning fast or like lightning, which are very common figurative expressions for something being fast.

for power scaling 比喩 or hiyu is a common occurrence in Databooks, as they often visual descriptions.
claim but really I wanna see the speed of light car romance
Yeah, sure id have to find the book and take a photo given its one of the stuff i have physically, but its a pretty funny statement, context is someone rushing to the hospital when their wife is about to give birth and the car is described to be going as fast as light to reach her.

though that being said, as you yourself should know this doesnt debunk lightspeed statements that happen to be japanese as just like in English a lot of this is context based.

I had to see this, so will you.
9pjnligqxbb61.png

This may be “off topic” but Can Naruto Top Tiers ignore Gojo’s Unlimited Void via Superior Speed seeing as it inflicts 6 months of information in 0.2 secs?

I guess I am not the only one here who is waiting for Naruto x Boruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections to come out? That way, I can't wait to see Baryon Mode get added to Naruto's other profile.

Back