• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
is road to ninja canon then?

No sadly despite Kishi working on it there's no way to argue it main canon like Blood Prison since the movie takes place after Naruto meets his Mom and gains KCM in which in the manga/anime he trains the form with Bee before sensing the war and immediately heading out to end it

Unless for some reason you think naruto left the island for a few days to go home and just chill

it's an alternate timeline

No sadly despite Kishi working on it there's no way to argue it main canon like Blood Prison since the movie takes place after Naruto meets his Mom and gains KCM in which in the manga/anime he trains the form with Bee before sensing the war and immediately heading out to end it

Unless for some reason you think naruto left the island for a few days to go home and just chill

it's an alternate timeline
no,is not,not only kishi work in the movie,but is also mentioned in the anime and the manga(bonus chapter)

RtN not being canon is because its events contradict the official timeline of events in the war arc, but if Kishi worked heavily on it, I see no reason to disregard the information presented in the film.
As I already said, if something is canon, it will not affect the canon that contradicts the original line, if not, it will affect the story, it's like madness combat and madness combat fnf mod(krinkles said the mod is canon)

This makes no sense to me. Please explain.

Imagine that someone makes a movie, which is canon for the original timeline, but there is an inconsistency in it.
Like, I don't know, maybe a certain character forgets the existence of a certain other character, or knows of his existence even though logically he shouldn't because of the timeline.
that will not stop the movie from being canonical, it will only ruin the story and its logic.
or other thing,someone makes a version of the certain arc and is completaly different,but is still stated to be canon and non of them are non-canon,is just gonna affect again the logic of the story and not the canon.

Was anyone here part of the Samurai 8 discussion thread? I made a CRT to add some stuff to the verse but it was literally abandoned after the cancellation

The Naruto wiki does a decent job of pointing them out.
BJbRBgQ.png

Also Kakashi Retsuden: The Sixth Hokage and the Failure Boy has 2 speed of light statements which is nice.
This legit isn't canon then with that many inconsistencies. It literally affects the entire timeline and plot of the manga.

So what happens to the events then? Since it's mentioned in the novel repeatedly and it's mentioned in Boruto too apparently.
Well you can't use them given they literally contradict canon, they can't be canon straight up and what Boruto is referencing would be actual canon "versions" of those names.

Also, lets be quite honest... the Boruto anime events still have dubious canon given how the manga has yet to reference nor explain the events and timelines of how the anime fits into the manga. And the very obvious elephant in the room, the Jogan not being referenced nor mentioned once in the entire manga.

Tbh I don't think RV Pain>LV Pain can really be proven besides Tendo. You'd have to prove Pain was farther from Nagato in the LV than in the RV, when all we know is that Nagato hunkered somewhere high nearby.
they all share chakra, so the other bodies would be effected too, but i dont personally think theres that much of a difference in power though, given that Pain still had more than enough chakra to do a CT and multiple other ST's

I wonder if they plan on straight up adapting from Chapter 55 down to wherever Code arc is supposed to end.

Or they go down an anime canon route like they did in 2020. This one would be nice and probably the best way. They could give a reason why Team 7 was grounded and at the same time insert Isshiki's dialogue with Code.

Well you can't use them given they literally contradict canon, they can't be canon straight up and what Boruto is referencing would be actual canon "versions" of those names.

Also, lets be quite honest... the Boruto anime events still have dubious canon given how the manga has yet to reference nor explain the events and timelines of how the anime fits into the manga. And the very obvious elephant in the room, the Jogan not being referenced nor mentioned once in the entire manga.
for the last time,canon is not equal to history,if something is canon,is canon,even with the inconsistencies,because inconsistencies will only affect the story and not the canon.
like,everyone can commit errors,is something so normal in humans,even in stories

What is more canon, videogames or anime?
depends on the arc and the game

the letter arc during the shinobi war was set up and supervised by Kishi and was done so that the manga had enough time to get ahead.

the revolution video game has cutscenes that are more canon than some anime arcs, while games like dragonblade chronicles are not canon at all.

What about the novels? The one in question Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky was written by Akira Higashiyama and the only thing I know that Kishi did was illustrated the cover. But there could be interviews or something about him helping more than that.
The only thing I know is that they reference going to Mist village during the train ride for a school trip.

wouldnt be planet level scaling.

It's also not out fault the series had a massive power creep lol
It just seems a little out there to scale someone like Darui to Six Paths CT just because he swung his sword at Momoshiki...and got blocked by his black rod, at that

I wonder if someone like a Naruto, Sasuke or Momoshiki level character will ever get an actual planet level feat in Boruto instead of relying on, imo, questionable scaling from a single feat. The franchise has had no good feats since The Last and Ikemoto is allergic to drawing anything other than street level battles, but the Otsutsuki god thing might mean the scale will increase at some point

Naruto does have moon level DC with Toneri chopping that bitch in half so maybe someone could chop up or bust up a planet, likely? probably not, its Boruto
You would think it would be likely when Naruto crushed Toneri without even going all out, but either Ikemoto or both Ikemoto and Kishimoto decided to keep it lower scale, lol. It would have been better if they never let the series reach War arc/The Last heights in that case

Its especially weird because instead of creating a more grounded sequel story where it would make sense not to introduce things like frequent planet level feats, they strangely went deeper into the Otsutsuki story while making the fights usually look smaller scale than part 1 fights
if your asking if they will ever have planet level DC then the answer is never.
Probably. I know 99% of the series won't have impressive DC or AP feats, but there could be some scant impressive ones

It's safe to say with that statement from Kishi during the interview, there's no shot of having seeing impressive DC feats in Part 1 Boruto at least.

as a long time naruto reader and watcher it is funny how much things have changed.

when we were in the war arc, most people complained that it was just DBZ now and wanted grounded hand to hand fights again.

Personally i dont mind the smaller scale, what i dont like is the absence of Ninjutsu almost entirely as most characters now just have jutsu absorbing abilities

The anime fits well into the manga for the most part, so there's no issue. And the Jougan was depicted in Chapter 55. Only issue is it's yet to make a solid entrance in the manga whilst in the anime he's used it in the Academy and against Foddershiki.

Back