• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Luffy's statement was from an attack that was fired 50m away (eyeballing it)
Luffy called the Pacifista beam slow, which is something Naruto never did.

A fighter jet moving at 447.04 m/s moving across a 50 m area towards me would take around 8-9 seconds to reach me. I can move out of the way easily, but in no way is that jet slow compared to me. That's the main difference.

Naruto could react to the attack
Easily
Naturally
According to the author's depiction of the feat
Not how it works.

A fighter jet moving at 447.04 m/s moving across a 50 m area towards me would take around 8-9 seconds to reach me. I can move out of the way easily, but in no way is that jet slow compared to me. That's the main difference
Any normal, healthy human can dodge something moving at them at 40 m/s and not have subsonic reactions.

I really don't want to explain basic logic to you over and over, so you can just stay here questioning why it doesn't work. Ask some other people.

Braindead logic
The braindead logic you're trying to use. Grow up.

Luffy's statement was from an attack that was fired 50m away (eyeballing it)
We've calced it many times, it was like a dozen meters away
Naruto was in a building when the stuff happened
Not to mention that this feat was given as relativistic for Naruto
Let me explain the logic right
From what we have for Luffy (the anime as support), Luffy started reacting when the beam was close to his face

Using this alone would be calc stacking. Our rules say this

Hiding Calculations​

Hiding calculations is the practice of trying to avoid calculating a feat in order to be able to use the result in another calculation. In other words it is the practice of trying to fool people into not noticing that calc stacking is being used.

This usually occurs if a feat is quantified per a rule of thumb instead of precisely calculated. A typical example would be a character dodging a bullet from a short distance being ranked as "Supersonic" and then using that ranking to calculate the speed of another character, whose speed one can compare to the former in some feat.

While it is acceptable to rank a character by such a self-evident feat without a calculation, one should keep in mind that the unwritten calculation is only skipped due to being trivial, but is still the justification for the ranking. Hence calc stacking will still be an issue for such feats.
And this (and the Naruto feats) would fall under this

The big support is Luffy saying that it's too slow. Luffy says that the attack is too slow, and in the manga he says it while it's passing his face.

Then Luffy, with canonically far better senses in every department, directly says that Kaidou's attack was too fast

Him saying a lightspeed attack was slow
A. Has nothing to do with distance, it has everything to do with speed, and him saying it's too slow means that the speed isn't an issue.
B. Confirms that his senses can react to light
C. Is confirmed that he can canonically react at close distances to light without any measurements of any kind
D. Can be scaleable to more advanced senses

AKA it's fine.

Unless Naruto comments on the speed saying it's something in his ballpark, then it's bad

So my b if I’m wrong but in the calc is the speed of light factor = sasuke’s reaction speed?

with or without the photon stuff isn’t that already common knowledge

and with that aside is there any other issue with the calc? Like stacking or something

So my b if I’m wrong but in the calc is the speed of light factor = sasuke’s reaction speed?

and with that aside is there any other issue with the calc? Like stacking or something
It's calc stacking

It dont. Narutos ftl, why make it ls reaction?
Because if we were to calc a feat where Naruto having his reactions overwhelmed, and he didn't have SOL reactions and only had his calced FTL speeds, we would have to use normal human reactions, as using FTL reactions would be calc stacking.

Because if we were to calc a feat where Naruto having his reactions overwhelmed, and he didn't have SOL reactions and only had his calced FTL speeds, we would have to use normal human reactions, as using FTL reactions would be calc stacking.
Still lowering it to ls just ignores the characters speed that's established

Still lowering it to ls just ignores the characters speed that's established
Calc Stacking Rules as a whole are dumb
We're not lowering his reactions to LS on the profiles. It's only used in calcs as thats the only value we can use without calc stacking.

For example, Garou has MFTL+ reactions on his page, but in this calc, I had to use a 0.0001 second reaction timframe, as that's the bare minimum given to us in the manga.
Thats lowering it..

Yeah lol, no one is talking about the page bruh, I'm saying to assume he scales lower in reaction for the sake of a calc we have already established a speed rating for him is just dumb and is only to try to get a higher speed.

mftl+ but you make the assumption he scales far below it all just to get a result that is not consistent with the already established scaling.

The braindead logic you're trying to use. Grow up.

We've calced it many times, it was like a dozen meters away

Let me explain the logic right
From what we have for Luffy (the anime as support), Luffy started reacting when the beam was close to his face

Using this alone would be calc stacking. Our rules say this

And this (and the Naruto feats) would fall under this

The big support is Luffy saying that it's too slow. Luffy says that the attack is too slow, and in the manga he says it while it's passing his face.

Then Luffy, with canonically far better senses in every department, directly says that Kaidou's attack was too fast

Him saying a lightspeed attack was slow
A. Has nothing to do with distance, it has everything to do with speed, and him saying it's too slow means that the speed isn't an issue.
B. Confirms that his senses can react to light
C. Is confirmed that he can canonically react at close distances to light without any measurements of any kind
D. Can be scaleable to more advanced senses

AKA it's fine.

Unless Naruto comments on the speed saying it's something in his ballpark, then it's bad
Didn't he bring a novel scan that already clearly implies that Naruto can easily react to photons beams , while sick and brealy has any chakra , while a six path Sasuke that should be far farrr far faster calls the rods super fast and he can't react to them ,
It is like u want the exact same situation to be the same thing when the implications is that
Base sick Naruto can easily react to light beams while isshiki rods are way to faster for a six path sasuke sharingan
Omo
Which should be as good of a justification as Luffy calling light slow and calling kaido attacks fast
The pressure is getting wesser

That is irrelevant a statement was already posted in the novels that a sick base Naruto can easily react to photon beams
And sasuke who is far above base sick Naruto state the robs are way to fast

Like if u think Luffy calling light slow is a good justification I don't see why this isn't

We have confirmation Naruto can easily react to light beams or at least perceive them
But isshiki rod a higher faster character
Meaning the rod can at least be light speed
I don't really see why u guys disagree
Ong 😂

To be fair the reason sounds sound
If a sick base Naruto can react to light beam or even perceive them
But a six path sasuke consider the rods to fast
It I'd safe to say the rods are LS
I mean doesn't even orochimaru also react to photons in the Same novel
Omo

A fighter jet moving at 447.04 m/s moving across a 50 m area towards me would take around 8-9 seconds to reach me. I can move out of the way easily, but in no way is that jet slow compared to me. That's the main difference.
Uhhhm Nope, you will see it coming but I am sure as hell you won't even blink before it runs through you.
Also you math is hella wrong, a jet moving 447 m/s will cross a 50m area in 0.11 sec

No, it is not.

Anyway, @USklaverei you can try calcing naruto using a jug to parry light beams instead.
Like we aren't even using a calc
We literally just using the fact that a base sick Naruto is stated to casually be able to react to light beams and an adult six path sasuke tells us isshiki rods are way to fast to See
It is very very safe to say the rods are light speed at least
Especially if they think Luffy calling light slow is also a good justification 😂

Let just even see what the calc give us
May not even be rel+ or that high into FTL
People need to chill lol

Read. Simple.
images

I would understand if it was saying “speed as fast as light” or “speed like light” but saying “almost at the speed of light” makes it descriptive, like we’re really just getting a solid idea of the speed the raikage is moving at

Back