• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I would not be surprised, although he would still need something to ground himself like 6T Naruto planted his tails in the ground

boruto scalers: "it doesnt matter if we don't have feats. The characters are all still planetary in our heart and thats all that matters"
NyNr2ry.png

Stop reminding me of my pain

unknown.png

Fair enough. (Though I think Naruto's still stronger here)
They equals and would die if they fought
No. Absolutely not. Sasuke needed Senjutsu help from Jugo and Naruto's own Kyubi cloak to match BSM Naruto with his Susano'o.
He matched MKCM Naruto for sure, then MKCM2 Naruto with the Legged Susanoo, then BSM Naruto with the Perfect Susanoo after Naruto's cloak disappeared and Jugo stopped amping him.
Eh that's with external help, so eh.
I would also say Normal Rinnegan Sasuke is close to SPSM Naruto without extra Bijuu powers/the Ashura Avatar.

I mean Attack on Titan legitimately had bad art. Even AOT fans will admit that. Using that as an example to defend Ikemoto isn't gonna work because AOT has an amazing story.
Your strawmanning me , your allowed to think boruto and AOT both have bad art, the point was that conventional ugly art does not determin whether a series is successful or not, its story being good is subjective, unless you want to appeal to popularity and which case Oishi no Ko and rent a girlfriend must be better than berserk.

thats also ignoring the very obvious point of my post, theres manga that have both bad art and writing that are popular, its not one or the other like your suggesting it is.

Its also a non sequitur because Boruto was in weekly shonen jump for 3 years 2016-2019, where it routinely entered the top 10 TOC.
If Boruto wasn't a sequel to Naruto, I highly doubt it would have survived at all.
If Boruto wasnt a sequel it wouldnt be Boruto it would be entirely different series with no basis to make assumptions
This isn't even subjective, there are stats to prove this.
then your really bad at reading stats because you would know that even the worst selling Boruto volume still sells ahead of 3 or 4 of WSJ series that have been around for nearly 5 years at this point
And Ikemoto's art is one of the reasons it wouldn't have. If a franchise has weird art and still has engagement, it means that it has something other than art that captivates them. Weird defense to Ikemoto's art. It's bad. There's no defending it using other legitimately bad art.
not really at all, the fact that his own Solo manga was highly successful and praised for his art should tell you this, human beings are not a homogenized groups of flesh, they vary based on a lot of factors. this is fundamentally why standards of storytelling, beauty and even morality varies based on belief be it religious or not and traditions. so to presume that theres an objective quality to art divorced from the human experience is nonsense.
About the workload thing. A monthly manga absolutely has less pages than a weekly manga per month
this varies on the manga btw, but you once again missed my point, Ikemoto's work is split between the writers,artist and the supervisors, which itself takes up the time between releases so no.
. At best it would be equal. On top of that, Ikemoto has been on record stating that he's thankful for having a light schedule because of the manga's monthly nature.
yes because monthly manga in general is less intensive to the artist which is a good thing not something to be used as ammunition , especially when said person isn't a new artist but has been drawing weekly non stop for 15 years.
He also has assistants. Despite all this, his drawings notoriously lack details, have simple af backgrounds (too many action lines to cover that up), and bad anatomy. Bad art is bad art. Other good stories having bad art wouldn't change that.
once again your appealing to your own standards.

Having more detail doesnt = good art

having realistic anatomy doesnt = good art

they are styles and forms of expression, its for that very reason why you get different artstyles and unless you have only read Shonen manga in your life then you would know artstyles arnt limited how soft or sharp you draw jaws or eyes or face.

I hate to be this guy but theres no such thing as objectively good or bad art, theres well loved and well disliked art, complex art, simple art, art thats been done with a ton of effort and art thats low effort none of these are objectively anything, they appeal to a certain standard in which they are judged, but those same standards are influenced by taste.
the day that every single human dies and cant express or experience art, the Mona Lisa will have the same value as the stickman drawing that a 2 year old shat out in a few minutes. if that idea upsets you then you should reconsider your position of what exactly art is.

I dont like Ikemoto's art and thinks ugly and massively inferior to Kishi's but i do not have to stand on a soapbox to do so.
Btw I'm a fan of this franchise, but comparing Boruto as a story to AOT and JoJo should be illegal. Also Araki's art isn't bad.
Your assuming that this is a good defence when JOJO does have ugly anatomy and many of its parts do have really contrived and terrible writing thats patched by charm.
Edit: The reason I say he was handed down this franchise is because well...that's exactly what happened. He got it because of his personal relationship with Kishimoto. Not because his art was good. Working on the franchise as an assistant doesn't mean someone automatically becomes good enough to be a lead artist.
he was handed down because Kishi thought he was a good artist, including Togashi, whether or not you agree with them thats one thing but thats where it ends.

Last edited:
just realized that with the recent DB upgrades god tiers are now once again weaker than raditz 😭
and Daima is likely to make it even stronger than the galaxy busting flashback from buu arc

we're cooked 💀🙏

Hello.

It is not allowed to link to our forum or other externally hosted social media as evidence in our wiki's statistics sections.

Is somebody here willing to copy all of the relevant information to a blog post here in this wiki, and then link to that instead in this and other affected pages, please?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Minato_Namikaze?curid=3992&diff=8441549&oldid=8346219
Someone should just undo that guy's edit. If nobody gets to it when I get home I can

Back