• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It wasn’t a “scene” though. We never actually saw it, we just get told that it happened, it’s not meant to be comedic like with Sakura and Naruto.

I’d personally consider the Sannin as all roughly comparable in base, maybe with Tsunade as the strongest, followed Orochimaru and then Jiraiya.

I can agree with that I mean we do have the databook that states Orochimaru and Jiraiya are on par with each other and at that point sage mode nor Orochimaru’s 8 headed snake weren’t introduced so I would assume that the databook is referring to their base forms

It was supposed to be comedic since Jiraiya was peaking on girls. Also Base Tsunade lost to Kabuto, who is weaker than base Orochimaru, in fact Base Tsunade was only on par with drugged Jiraiya and sick armless Orochimaru. Kabuto is also on par with part 1 Kakashi who considers himself inferior to base Jiraiya. Based on feats Base Orochimaru is stronger than Base Jiraiya since Jiraiya got stomped by 4 tailed kid Naruto, and Orochimaru was fighting on par with an older 4 tailed Naruto while being sick and having no arms.

Also Jiraiya and Orochimaru fought when Orochimaru was about to leave the village and Jiraiya lost, just how Naruto lost to Sasuke.

It was supposed to be comedic since Jiraiya was peaking on girls. Also Base Tsunade lost to Kabuto, who is weaker than base Orochimaru, in fact Base Tsunade was only on par with drugged Jiraiya and sick armless Orochimaru. Kabuto is also on par with part 1 Kakashi who considers himself inferior to base Jiraiya. Based on feats Base Orochimaru is stronger than Base Jiraiya since Jiraiya got stomped by 4 tailed kid Naruto, and Orochimaru was fighting on par with an older 4 tailed Naruto while being sick and having no arms.
That doesn’t make the nature of it comedic. In fact, Naruto was told that story as a warning, which is definitely serious and not comedic. You do realize that Tsunade being beneath base Kabuto would put her beneath Part I Kakashi, right? Also Orochimaru said that Tsunade can one-shot Kabuto, she was already running out of breath before she fought Kabuto, Kabuto used a Military Rations Pill to amp himself, and he immediately disabled Tsunade’s muscles so she was weakened. So... no. Kabuto is not above Tsunade.

orochimaru = jiraya, simply because we have conflicting opinions. hiruzen favored orochimaru, but that is unreliable, since he favored him in a sense even after he knew about orochi was doing, while the databook confirms that jiraya > him, so its better to have them as equals

I am not saying that Tsunade is weaker than Kabuto, I am just saying that Kabuto, part 1 Kakashi and Base Tsunade are all relative to each other, while Jiraiya and Orochimaru are portrayed above that. Jiraiya stated that Kabuto is relative to Kakashi, and Kakashi himself admited that. Meanwhile when Kakashi faced Orochimaru he was ******** himself and though that Orochimaru was gonna stomp him in 2 seconds.

I am not saying that Tsunade is weaker than Kabuto, I am just saying that Kabuto, part 1 Kakashi and Base Tsunade are all relative to each other, while Jiraiya and Orochimaru are portrayed above that. Jiraiya stated that Kabuto is relative to Kakashi, and Kakashi himself admited that. Meanwhile when Kakashi faced Orochimaru he was ******** himself and though that Orochimaru was gonna stomp him in 2 seconds.
I literally just gave the scans proving that Kabuto is not relative to Tsunade, and is far weaker than her, what?

I mean it is kinda weird because correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there that Statement from tsunade saying how kabuto’s senses and strength surpassed he’s in her prime or something similar to that

I you guys were talking about pure AP the whole time then I agree that Base Tsunade is above Base Jiraiya and Orochimaru, but I still think that Base Jiraiya and Orochimaru would defeat her in a fight.

Thats only because she was above him in terms of raw AP. I wasn't talking about AP, I was talking about overall strength.
You’re still not correct lol, Kabuto, while amped, was getting matched by a out-of-her-prime, weakened and fatigued Tsunade. He’s not comparable to her at all. Tsunade’s comparable with Orochimaru and Jiraiya, arguably stronger.

I’m waiting for Naruto and Sasuke to die.
After Sasuke said "Naruto and I would die for this village, would you?" and how Sasuke told Boruto he'd kill him if Boruto's karma went out of control, I feel like there's a chance Naruto cans it. At the same time I have a hard time believing they'd kill off the two og main characters, but who knows.

After Sasuke said "Naruto and I would die for this village, would you?" and how Sasuke told Boruto he'd kill him if Boruto's karma went out of control, I feel like there's a chance Naruto cans it. At the same time I have a hard time believing they'd kill off the two og main characters, but who knows.
It would definitely be a bold move to kill them both, but yeah, it seems like it’s being foreshadowed with Sasuke making that statement. And it seems like we’re getting closer to a timeskip, which I’m really looking forward to. Especially (if Naruto and/or Sasuke do die here), that means Sarada’s definitely gonna get her Mangekyō.

It would definitely be a bold move to kill them both, but yeah, it seems like it’s being foreshadowed with Sasuke making that statement. And it seems like we’re getting closer to a timeskip, which I’m really looking forward to. Especially (if Naruto and/or Sasuke do die here), that means Sarada’s definitely gonna get her Mangekyō.
Honestly it would be a great way to push the focus onto the main cast of Boruto and force team 7 to develop, and if they're so opposed to keeping Naruto and Sasuke dead they can show up again as Edos or Sarada can snag sasukes Rinnesharingan and use Rinne-rebirth later.

How much longer do you think the Boruto manga will last?

Honestly it would be a great way to push the focus onto the main cast of Boruto and force team 7 to develop, and if they're so opposed to keeping Naruto and Sasuke dead they can show up again as Edos or Sarada can snag sasukes Rinnesharingan and use Rinne-rebirth later.

How much longer do you think the Boruto manga will last?
Oh, imagine Edo Sasuke and Naruto v. Teen/Adult Boruto and Sarada, that would be awesome.

I feel like it won’t run as long as the original Naruto manga, although I’m sure it’ll reach above 100 chapters.

Lol. Base Kabuto is stronger than Tsunade, Kabuto never on par with Tsunade in physical strength nor do Kakashi is. Base Tsunade dominates full power A4 in an arm wrestling. Even while using Lightning Armour, A4 lost to base Tsunade in physical strength, only surpasses her in speed. Kabuto beat Tsunade is an outlier or for some reason, she lost to him. unless you are saying base Kabuto is physically stronger than A4.

He didn't say Base Kabuto was stronger or on par with Tsunade tho... no one is saying part 1 Kabuto > Tsunade's physicals...

Didn't he? I misread it sry. But it sounds like trying to put Kabuto and Kakashi on the same tier as Tsunade.

IIRC Tsunade was mentally handicapped at the time anyhow, didn't she have that fear of blood thingy or something?

I feel like a lot of these scaling issues could be rectified by separating Part 1 and Part 2 scaling as someone mentioned earlier.

IIRC Tsunade was mentally handicapped at the time anyhow, didn't she have that fear of blood thingy or something?

I feel like a lot of these scaling issues could be rectified by separating Part 1 and Part 2 scaling as someone mentioned earlier.
She was not only mentally handicapped, but:
  1. She was rusty and out of practice since the Second Shinobi World War.
  2. She was starting to run out of breath before the fight began.
  3. She had her muscles severed and strength nullified.
  4. Kabuto amped himself with a Military Rations Pill.
  5. Orochimaru blatantly said that Tsunade can one-shot him, and Kabuto himself agrees.
Basically, Tsunade was fatigued, out of her prime and weakened (both physically and psychologically) while Kabuto was amped, and she still held her own against him.

Yeah. Those are all valid points for why we shouldn't be scaling Kabuto to Tsunade.

In terms of AP Base Tsunade is above Base Jiraiya and Orochimaru, so even if we disagree on the exact strength of her it wouldn't matter much in revisions. More importantly Base Shippuden Naruto needs to be above 7-C since he was swaping hands with the Deva path.

He parried a few punches from SM Naruto before he was sent flying with a kick, so physically he is below SM Naruto but not by a huge amount.

Yeah. Those are all valid points for why we shouldn't be scaling Kabuto to Tsunade.
Maybe Tsunade should have more than one “base” key like Orochimaru? Like, one key for the Second Shinobi World War, one for her weakened self, and then one for her as the Hokage.

Wait, why was the speed of all base part 1 Narutos downgraded to supersonic? He should be high hypersonic in the later arcs because he can keep up with base Sasuke.

Yeah. He kept up with Sasuke. So we just need to slightly change Supersonic to high hypersonic.

Back