• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Which Hokage is the most cut throat in battle?
Sasuke the shadow hokage:
FQEiPgAaUAMOW16

Speaking of Shikamaru… I hope he showcases new Shadow Abilities now that he’s Hokage.

It would’ve been dope if Shikamaru had teleportation similar to Code via Shadows.

True “Shadow” Clones that apply Shadow Possession upon contact but can move autonomously or cloak your arms and legs in Shadow Possession to enhance your physical strength with the Jutsu Strength. He called this Choji “Light”. Apply that to your strength, etc.

Incorporate more Basic Ninja Tools or Jutsu. He can throw Choji, f*cking throw a mountain or some sh*t. 🤷‍♂️

He has access to ALL Ninjutsu Scrolls in Konoha, especially those Tobirama made. Introduce something new. Hell, show us a unique “summoning”. It be crazy if Shikamaru had a “contract” with one of the Biju and could summon one, ala Gamabunta.

Last edited:
Sure, but he does still have significantly better feats in the Code arc than the Momo arc, so it's still plausible that seeing how weak he is prompted him to train to get his Shadow Strangle back up to snuff. And his other combat abilities that I mentioned absolutely dwarf anyone else's besides Naruto and Kakashi either way.

Sure, but he does still have significantly better feats in the Code arc than the Momo arc, so it's still plausible that seeing how weak he is prompted him to train to get his Shadow Strangle back up to snuff. And his other combat abilities that I mentioned absolutely dwarf anyone else's besides Naruto and Kakashi either way.
Crushing a tree(Sufforcating Darkness) >>> Holding someone in place(Shadow Possession)

Makes you think one of these is obviously not ap related. Also lol at "impressive".

It's one of those cases of - It looks plausible in theory using the limited explanation we have, but because nobody did it, it's probably not possible. Realistically, there are probably constraints in universe that prevent them from flying but Kishimoto didn't think to implement them because he couldn't comprehend the implication of the explanation that he did provide.
Doesn’t Kiba have limited Flight feats with FoF?

Crushing a tree(Sufforcating Darkness) >>> Holding someone in place(Shadow Possession)

Makes you think one of these is obviously not ap related. Also lol at "impressive".
It is tho, Shikamaru can threaten CM2 Tayuya with his Shadow Strangle yet he's barely able to hold her in place

When'd I say impressive...?

It is tho, Shikamaru can threaten CM2 Tayuya with his Shadow Strangle yet he's barely able to hold her in place
You telling me the attack that has to do with AP does damage and relates to AP? Surprised Pikachu face.

He kinda did manage to to hold her with Shadow Possession in CM2 but it used up to much chakra and he was also trying to use Sufforcating Darkness which he wasn't strong enough to affect her with so it no work along with CM2 giving her more power to counter with iirc.

This all doesn't change the fact that he can't destroy a tree with Suffocating Darkness with maximum chakra after Momo and Co in Boruto.
When'd I say impressive...?
You didn't say impressive?

You telling me the attack that has to do with AP does damage and relates to AP? Surprised Pikachu face.
My point is that the proportion between his Shadow Strangle strength and Shadow Possession strength is not large.
He kinda did manage to to hold her with Shadow Possession in CM2 but it used up to much chakra and he was also trying to use Sufforcating Darkness which he wasn't strong enough to affect her with so it no work along with CM2 giving her more power to counter with iirc.
It's definitely portrayed that he could've killed or at least incapacitated her if his Shadow Strangle had worked.
10-kJnjLrevxLF9-.jpg
12-rD-FxCpBUK8nZ.jpg

This all doesn't change the fact that he can't destroy a tree with Suffocating Darkness with maximum chakra after Momo and Co in Boruto.

You didn't say impressive?

No I didn't, so idk why you said it like I did.

@ me when he becomes able to crush a tree.
TBZnea2.png
Simply call this an outlier or low lifiting strength and call it a day. No matter how you look at it the author primary writer wanted to show shikamaru got rusty but did it in a horrible way.
Let's say shikamaru doesn't even scale to the otsusuki. Let's say the kage don't scale.. most of the kage there are at least mountain level and some island level. So like what? Shikamaru could snap the neck of mountain level characters but was struggling over a tree? Tree barely scales to wall level. Should we like downgrade shikamaru to wall level now? No. The fact is shikamaru has consistent feats in new era so much so it makes the tree stuff an outlier.

1. Restraining momoshiki and kinshiki. Kinshiki own is ridiculously impressive. He didn't just restrain him while standing or walking. Kinshiki was about to swing at sasuke with the full force of his axe. To restrain him he'd have had to overcome that force too..
2. Restraining all kage including naruto. Whether you agree they scale to the otsusuki or not(excluding naruto) argue how you like.
3. Restraining borushiki
4. Restraining code to the point he could only move his finger tips
5. Restraining eida
6. Restraining karma kawaki.
7. Able to reach to kinshiki swing and dodge delta attack from close quaters(Good reaction speed)
8. For durability he survived an attack from bloodlusted code and got up almost immediately.

So sorry I prefer to take this feats for shikamaru and not downgrade him for on outlier tree feat

1. Restraining momoshiki and kinshiki. Kinshiki own is ridiculously impressive. He didn't just restrain him while standing or walking. Kinshiki was about to swing at sasuke with the full force of his axe. To restrain him he'd have had to overcome that force too..
2. Restraining all kage including naruto. Whether you agree they scale to the otsusuki or not(excluding naruto) argue how you like.
3. Restraining borushiki
4. Restraining code to the point he could only move his finger tips
5. Restraining eida
6. Restraining karma kawaki.
7. Able to reach to kinshiki swing and dodge delta attack from close quaters(Good reaction speed)
8. For durability he survived an attack from bloodlusted code and got up almost immediately.
From what I see he's great at just immobilizing people, but not at harming them which fits in with his incredibly weak AP.

Back