• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I already said i know but you have no proff that Kishimoto said those words just for it 😴😴
I’m going to take that as a no you don’t. They are literary devices used to make non-literal comparisons in order to amplify the feeling associated with whatever is being compared. Does that make sense to you, or do you need a more in depth explanation?

I’m going to take that as a no you don’t. They are literary devices used to make non-literal comparisons in order to amplify the feeling associated with whatever is being compared. Does that make sense to you, or do you need a more in depth explanation?
I know. The problem is, you don't know whether it's the writer's intention behind those words or not. You can't just make claims, as I can also claim that the writer's intention was to provide information about the power of Juubi, and I can claim another statements were just metaphors and similes. You need to provide reasons and evidence.

I know. The problem is, you don't know whether it's the writer's intention behind those words or not. You can't just make claims, as I can also claim that the writer's intention was to provide information about the power of Juubi, and I can claim another statements were just metaphors and similes. You need to provide reasons and evidence.
No one knows Kishimoto’s intent without asking the dude directly. You presuppose the authors intent every time you make a claim about the story. Total non factor in this conversation. I’ve provided just as much evidence as you have for your claim that it’s a hyper literal statement, so please, you first, present the evidence.

No one knows Kishimoto’s intent without asking the dude directly. You presuppose the authors intent every time you make a claim about the story. Total non factor in this conversation. I’ve provided just as much evidence as you have for your claim that it’s a hyper literal statement, so please, you first, present the evidence.
No, not like that. For example Hebi Sasuke having a statement about the speed of light, but EMS Sasuke get blitzed by Mindless Juubito, so that statement is incorrect. Where's the evidence you provide? From the beginning, you just said it's metaphors and similes without any evidence.

No, not like that. For example Hebi Sasuke having a statement about the speed of light, but EMS Sasuke get blitzed by Mindless Juubito, so that statement is incorrect. Where's the evidence you provide? From the beginning, you just said it's metaphors and similes without any evidence.
Lol buddy you initiated with the first claim that Juubi is small planet. So the burden of proof rn falls on you. Provide evidence for small planet Juubi, or you’re just making a random unsubstantiated claim. Or you can concede by failing to fulfill your burden

Lol buddy you initiated with the first claim that Juubi is small planet. So the burden of proof rn falls on you. Provide evidence for small planet Juubi, or you’re just making a random unsubstantiated claim. Or you can concede by failing to fulfill your burden
Yet I had already put this before.

12372735_1520_1200_338294.webp

That’s not evidence that’s just the claim. Your interpretation is that that claim is literal, provide evidence it is literal. You haven’t fulfilled any burden of proof goober
Well, those words are saying that, so typically they are considered to mean what they usually mean. And you're saying it means something else, right? Now, prove it.

Well, those words are saying that, so typically they are considered to mean what they usually mean. And you're saying it means something else, right? Now, prove it.
Prove that phrase is usually taken literally. I’ve got a flight so you got plenty of time to think of an actual argument buddy

Prove that phrase is usually taken literally. I’ve got a flight so you got plenty of time to think of an actual argument buddy
Well, the basic meaning of those words is like that. You should be the one to prove it because you're trying to deviate from its basic meaning.

Well, the basic meaning of those words is like that. You should be the one to prove it because you're trying to deviate from its basic meaning.
I’m not deviating from its basic meaning. You realize most similes use as or like, you could read aloud the statement and check if it uses as or like. So the fact it uses like means that interpreting it as a simile does not deviate from the basic meaning of the words whatsoever. It’s a valid interpretation of the statement. You need to prove it is literal, since you made the initial claim that it’s literal. Right now you’re getting low diffed by equal interpretation.

Lmao bro using the chakra sensing sphere to say the juubi is planet level. Also the sphere doesn't represent the the planet it's just a water sphere used for measuring chakra

Lmao bro using the chakra sensing sphere to say the juubi is planet level. Also the sphere doesn't represent the the planet it's just a water sphere used for measuring chakra
*used for measuring chakra across the planet. and Jyuubi's chakra was a small planet compared to it.

There's a three month period where Naruto is in the village before he leaves woth Jiraiya.
Yeah, but all that means is Naruto was in the hospital for 3 Months based on this scan as well as various other situations in Chapter 238, such as Choji still recovering from the Fight with Jirobo as well as Kiba having not spoken with the others regarding the mission.

It's kinda a stretch tbh to suggest the Curry of Life filler took place in this timespan, given these statements and context.

Yeah, but all that means is Naruto was in the hospital for 3 Months based on this scan as well as various other situations in Chapter 238, such as Choji still recovering from the Fight with Jirobo as well as Kiba having not spoken with the others regarding the mission.

It's kinda a stretch tbh to suggest the Curry of Life filler took place in this timespan, given these statements and context.
That's proven false when we get the timeslip and Naruto is no longer in the hospital.

Back