• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
7i0alt.jpg
7u1tzi.jpg

You guys think a good portion of Boruto hate is due to the lack of Games? Growing up, I knew a lot of people who “Knew” of Naruto, but their first “real” experience of the Story was Storm 1 and 2. Granted, it was HEAVILY altered by CC2 in some regards, it still was pretty damn good. The storm games did a lot to generate love for the series, and I find myself thinking, If Boruto had dedicated Storm type Games over tge last couple years that retold its story by CC2, would there be less hate? 🤔

No, its a mix of different stuff. some people have valid critiques and other people just blindly hate stuff. its just par for the course when it comes to legacy sequels to properties as popular as Naruto.

a video game wouldn't change that. because while the storm games were beloved, naruto was still widely loved during their release.

You guys think a good portion of Boruto hate is due to the lack of Games? Growing up, I knew a lot of people who “Knew” of Naruto, but their first “real” experience of the Story was Storm 1 and 2. Granted, it was HEAVILY altered by CC2 in some regards, it still was pretty damn good. The storm games did a lot to generate love for the series, and I find myself thinking, If Boruto had dedicated Storm type Games over tge last couple years that retold its story by CC2, would there be less hate? 🤔

Because imo, a lot of the hate comes from Anime Only Watchers, who dropped the series early, but of they bought the game, they’d Have no choice but to play through the story since they spent Money on it, y’all know what I mean?
A good portion of Boruto's hate comes from fanboyism from Naruto fans or those that hated that Kaguya twist, then the Kishi piled on that hate by giving Boruto a character flaw, then the Execs decided running novel canon, anime canon with bits of manga canon was good. It's a lot of things, the absence of games doesn't affect the hate it gets.

Fun fact
Boruto's relationship with Naruto in the movie and the start of the manga is based on Kishi's own relationship with his child, who apparently resents him a little bit for not spending enough time with him (given he was drawing naruto)

Never understood why people complained on how it treated the older gen, they complain when they were in it and got outclassed and complain when they weren't in it.
And it's not as if it's an issue that started with Boruto
Team Guy were nigh invisible in Naruto Part 2 except for Guy and some flashes here and there
Same for Team 8 bar Hinata. Even that was for a couple of panels in Pain Arc
InoShikaCho were like the only exception because of the Akatsuki Suppression Arc

The older generation got flashes in the war arc but that was majorly because everybody was participating

If Konoha engaged in an all out war, I won't be surprised if Ten Ten gets named a division captain or something

Crazy to think that all K11 members aren't stinky rich by now.
Tenten is broke asf since she can't sell nothing.
Kiba is a policeman and we know policemen aren't paid extravagantly.
Shino is an elementary school teacher for christ sake.
Lee might be a hobo for all we know. He looks like one.
Sasuke is a confirmed hobo.
Sai should be aight. His job should be pretty decent salarywise.
Sakura is supposed to stinky rich as an head doctor yet she cant pay off her house loan. And she probably works 2 shift.
Naruto was somehow not able to afford money to take his Bae to an expensive restaurant and had to stick with Ichiraku's Ramen. As an hokage tho, his salary should be buffed up tremendously.
Only Choji, Hinata, Shikamaru and Ino would be considered stinkily rich as they are clan heads or related to clan heads of the biggest clans of the village. Especially the Hyuga clan.

In order words, Kishimoto did them dirty money wise.

Last edited:
Kiba is prob doing well, he gets sponsored by a ton of dog companies to sell food.
Hokage Naruto prob is rich given the fancy TV's and boruto getting all the new games, they might have budgets for certain things or chooses to live moderately
Sakura's can be explained by housing in Konoha prob just being very expensive given the improvement of QOL and its expansion

Kiba is prob doing well, he gets sponsored by a ton of dog companies to sell food.
Hokage Naruto prob is rich given the fancy TV's and boruto getting all the new games, they might have budgets for certain things or chooses to live moderately
Sakura's can be explained by housing in Konoha prob just being very expensive given the improvement of QOL and its expansion
It doesn't help that she keeps breaking the damn things apparently.

I forgot about that. Just hope the money they give him is actually decent.
How do we know Hinata isnt the one paying for all those stuff? But realistically, the hokage shouldnt be broke. Still doesnt excuse him being broke after the war despite being the hero of the world.
But still, living on loans is kinda crazy for a doctor. The housing issue shouldn't be too bad till the point that she and her daughter have to live in a condo first before gathering money.

The real question tho is, where did all of Jiraiya's net worth dissappear to?

Crazy to think that all K11 members aren't stinky rich by now.
Tenten is broke asf since she can't sell nothing.
Kiba is a policeman and we know policemen aren't paid extravagantly.
Shino is an elementary school teacher for christ sake.
Lee might be a hobo for all we know. He looks like one.
Sasuke is a confirmed hobo.
Sai should be aight. His job should be pretty decent salarywise.
Sakura is supposed to stinky rich as an head doctor yet she cant pay off her house loan. And she probably works 2 shift.
Naruto was somehow not able to afford money to take his Bae to an expensive restaurant and had to stick with Ichiraku's Ramen. As an hokage tho, his salary should be buffed up tremendously.
Only Choji, Hinata, Shikamaru and Ino would be considered stinkily rich as they are clan heads or related to clan heads of the biggest clans of the village. Especially the Hyuga clan.

In order words, Kishimoto did them dirty money wise.
I thought Naruto could have afforded to take Hinata out to a fancy place but both of them just really like Ichiraku

I thought Naruto could have afforded to take Hinata out to a fancy place but both of them just really like Ichiraku
Nah, he wished to take her to an expensive restaurant but blud really was broke. Luckily, Hinata didn't care about the luxury cuz she's best girl

3bdb256c54fffe4393d9783fc5d11c13e59d0136_hq.jpg

To be fair, Ninjas are not portrayed to be moneybags either

That's usually the daimyo or merchants

Just earn enough for their daily living

Kaminarimon is the exception since his train idea struck gold
Imagine risking your life on missions consistently just for you to receive chicken change. IIRC, in the Itachi shinden novel, the main reason Mukai Kohinata was a villain was because he didn't have enough money to send his kid to the academy. That's messed up to think about since it means there are multiple illiterates in the village who can't afford money to go to school.

Kids like Naruto and Sasuke were probably funded by Hiruzen, but characters like Sumire, who's an orphan and lives alone, I have no idea who provides for her. It could be Naruto, but he had no idea about who she really was and her parents were up until her conflict.

What is the purpose of the Daimyos in Naruto? They don't do jackshit. Like during the 4th GNW, they were playing cards while ninjas were out there risking their lives.

What is the purpose of the Daimyos in Naruto? They don't do jackshit. Like during the 4th GNW, they were playing cards while ninjas were out there risking their lives.
Sounds like a Villain story in the making… 💀

Lmao! I still remember that scene in one of the Movies where the Daimiyo threatened to destroy the Hidden Leaf to Tsunade… I’m like, bro does know his “Military” answers to the Hokage, right? 🤣

Sounds like a Villain story in the making… 💀

Lmao! I still remember that scene in one of the Movies where the Daimiyo threatened to destroy the Hidden Leaf to Tsunade… I’m like, bro does know his “Military” answers to the Hokage, right? 🤣
Sasori tore apart an entire nation with just his hundred puppets, I don't think the Daimyos know what's up.

Wait… Boruto should still have access to Shikamaru’s Shadow Possession that Momoshiki made part of his arsenal, right?

Back