• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Tempest Will Lose His Mind When He Sees This Kirin Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Hello. The idea came from @Rocker1189, thanks to him I'm creating this thread. The point is, how we can scale Kirin, exactly? Rocker came with the idea of making the storm creation stronger than Kirin, the lightning bolt. I asked @DontTalkDT about that, and that's what I got. The reason behind this, is because the lightning would have less energy than the cloud creation, but the lightning have to be natural.

As we know, Kirin comes from the cloud, Sasuke doesn't use his chakra, he just guide the lightning to the ground. We also know that Sasuke uses his fire style to create the cumulonimbus cloud, so we know how to scale. Some people may argue that Itachi helped with the creation of the cloud, wich is true, we saw that, but let's take a look at what the databook says.

Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique (火遁・豪龍火の術, Katon: Gouryuuka no Jutsu)
Ninjutsu, B-rank, Offensive, Supplementary, All ranges
User: Uchiha Sasuke

An ascending dragon of flames, consuming the enemy with sharp fangs burning brightly!!

Compressing a great amount of chakra build up inside the body and changing its shape into that of a blazing dragon. Then skilfully manipulating that great fire, one attacks the enemy before one's eyes! If this technique is mastered, it is also possible to fire off several flames after each other. Even outside of the attack range, its power and reliability are stressed. The flames have such a high temperature, they can create updraughts which in turn give rise to cumulonimbus clouds¹! The fate of the person caught in the dragon flame's sharp fangs is to be reduced to ashes in an instant...!!

The dragon's roar that even burns the Heavens!!

[picture of Sasuke using the Great Dragon Fire Technique]
[picture of Itachi barely evading the Great Dragon Fire Technique]
↑→The released flames are shaped into the form of a dragon and rush down on the target! The pursuit won't stop until the helpless target is consumed by flames!

So, we know that Sasuke can create this by himself, and it wouldn't make sense for him to not be able to, since it's HIS technique. As far as I know, this is the Kirin calc that is currently accepted, resulting in 2.672786665 Gigatons, Large Mountain level. As I quoted, "several" means at least 3, making the yield 890.92 Megatons for Cursed Seal 2 Sasuke, and it makes CS1 and maybe Base Sasuke as 89 Megatons, since the Cursed Seal is a 10 times amp.

This is a topic for another thread. I just want to get this accepted, then we can talk about this.

Agree.
Just curious...why didn't he scale before to this attack in the past if he is being scaled now in the present??
Not well knowledgeable enough so I ask.....

The issue with this is that even if it is possible for Sasuke to create the Kirin by himself - that is not what the current calc for Kirin is for. It is for a Kirin that was formed through his own fireballs and Itachi's Amaterasu.

So even if Sasuke did create another Kirin by himself (which I believe he can of course), that doesn't mean it will be the same strength.

DT did say this in your thread:

I suppose? At least from how you describe the feat it seems so. Of course, you need to keep in mind percentages. Like, if multiple attacks or energy sources contributed to the storm creation the total energy needs to be split up between them.

For this particular storm creation, we can't say that Sasuke alone contributed to it or that he could make the exact same size storm by himself.

Last edited:
The issue with this is that even if it is possible for Sasuke to create the Kirin by himself - that is not what the current calc for Kirin is for. It is for a Kirin that was formed through his own fireballs and Itachi's Amaterasu.

So even if Sasuke did create another Kirin by himself (which I believe he can of course), that doesn't mean it will be the same strength.

DT did say this in your thread:

For this particular storm creation, we can't say that Sasuke alone contributed to it or that he could make the exact same size storm by himself.
So you think we should halve the result to account for Itachi's Amaterasu?

I disagree. Yeah of course I agree.

Also I agree with damage on Kirin, the storm would likely be a bit smaller if he did it on his own, or he would need more dragon flames to match the same storm.

Last edited:
Not sure about saying Sasuke did half the feat.

Amaterasu would contribute far more to the feat than Sasuke's significantly inferior fire jutsu.

Amaterasu would contribute far more to the feat than Sasuke's significantly inferior fire jutsu.
Without knowing a specific amount though, dividing evenly between them is the safest option.

Without knowing a specific amount though, dividing evenly between them is the safest option.
I guess

I would say it's unquantifiable as to how much Sasuke contributed to it, but at the same time I don't think dismissing feats should be done unless there's no other choice.

So should be fine.

Keep in mind, this is a Jutsu that Sasuke is capable of pulling off normally. He just happened to take advantage of Itachi's Amaterasu because, well, that's just smart. But he should still be able to do it normally, as it's a Jutsu he was even willing to use on Team 7 during the BoS.

So I think the compromise of halving the result is fair, especially when we don't have any better alternatives.

Keep in mind, this is a Jutsu that Sasuke is capable of pulling off normally. He just happened to take advantage of Itachi's Amaterasu because, well, that's just smart. But he should still be able to do it normally, as it's a Jutsu he was even willing to use on Team 7 during the BoS.

So I think the compromise of halving the result is fair, especially when we don't have any better alternatives.
I mean sure, but who's to say the result isn't magnitudes lower when Sasuke does it himself?

He specifically planned to use Itachi's Amaterasu to aid the technique as stated by Zetsu

Regardless, since it's impossible to say how much either side contributed, 50-50 works I guess.

He only sent two of them into the sky iirc.
The databook also credits his Dragon Flames for the feat, and he only used two of those iirc.
I reread the chapter. He sends three of them distinctly upward, possibly with a fourth that grazes Itachi on the way up but the panelling is unclear.

Fireball 1

Fireball 2 + 3

Possibly Fireball 4 (Since Itachi was already away from the previous fireballs)

If we count the number of distinct "Fwooshes" then that's four.

That would make them 334 Megatons (Mountain level) individually for CS2 Sasuke.

34.4 Megatons (City level) for CS1/base Sasuke.

This would help with the scaling because right now there is an awful mess of circular scaling between Gaara, Deidara, Itachi and Sasuke.

Each of these characters should be City level, and their justifications cleared up a bit.

I'll work on justifications later, but yes this will help us IMMENSELY. Thanks for the help Damage and Rocker.

That would make them 334 Megatons (Mountain level) individually for CS2 Sasuke.

34.4 Megatons (City level) for CS1/base Sasuke.

This would help with the scaling because right now there is an awful mess of circular scaling between Gaara, Deidara, Itachi and Sasuke.

Each of these characters should be City level, and their justifications cleared up a bit.
Going off of these values, 30% Sick Itachi would be 10.32 megatons (City level), which scales to 30% Kisame, and Kisame’s water clones would be 3.44 megatons (Small City level), which then scales to Part II Neji and Naruto.

Anyone stronger than base Naruto can upscale to Small City level+ (3.65 megatons).

Last edited:
I can live with that. Now that we got this accepted, it can be closed. Me and the boys will work the scaling and create a thread to discuss everything. You can close this thread if you want, @Damage3245

Me and the boys
images

Okay. I'd like to contribute to forming that scaling chain too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back