• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Calculation Discussion: Biju Dama Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shhhhhhhh
images

Can't help but notice that the steam there is rising from the water... making water vaporize seems like it would be a lot easier than making the solid earth vaporize (and there is no steam rising from the destroyed ground / rubble in that panel).

TBBs in general show Vaporization whenever they are used - Mex dedicated an entire blog to the numerous instances of this I believe. Since we go by what is shown if it contradicts what is stated someplace like a Databook - since authors typically don’t know or care for the difference between “blowing to dust” or “vaporizing” since it’s all the same to them - I’ll go with Vap

Screenshot_20210821-011110_Drive.jpg

@Wrath_Of_Itachi the mrk sends another boon

TBBs in general show Vaporization whenever they are used - Mex dedicated an entire blog to the numerous instances of this I believe. Since we go by what is shown if it contradicts what is stated someplace like a Databook - since authors typically don’t know or care for the difference between “blowing to dust” or “vaporizing” since it’s all the same to them - I’ll go with Vap
can you link the blog might be relevant just a little.

also isnt this kinda moving the goalpost, the reason why water was brought up as an argument was that it was used as scepticism for the "smoke" around the Bijuu dama's being perhaps dust, but now that we prove the water, we nitpicking the earth part in a specific panel.

it's very unlikely for us to find a specific panel that allows us to see both water and ground vaping in real-time, because it's not like the creators are doing this with calcs in mind.

I look for two things when evaluating whether a feat is vaporization or not

1. Is it a high heat or fire based attack

2. Is there steam or smoke

If those 2 things are valid, then I agree with vaporization

I look for two things when evaluating whether a feat is vaporization or not

1. Is it a high heat or fire based attack

2. Is there steam or smoke

If those 2 things are valid, then I agree with vaporization
Same but I look for another additional feature: Whether the crater or left-behind impact mark is smooth or not. If it leaves behind crack marks chances are it's pulv.

Last edited:
C0 being visual consistent/similar to Bijuudama with both Bijuudama and Deidara’s explosions having similar lore statements being able to blow away villages, leads credence to vaporization.

Considering the visuals with the fragments were what really sparked this whole debate, and that’s been debunked as just a Kishimoto visual thingy, vaporization might not be so bad.

Good boy WoI brought up that in the scan I compared to Cero Oscuras both “smoke/steam” are rising in a more steam like fashion. As it being just dirt and dust would’ve fallen more like a mushroom cloud, which idk if we mentioned or not.

Looking at the other side for a second to play devil's advocate, Kishimoto does use his showing of vap to show those small rocks in the circumference of the explosion, like with Deidara's attacks which are stated to vaporize
Screen_Shot_2021-08-20_at_11.51.46_PM.png
The sides throwing up debris should not be the priority here, they're not part of the actual crater, heck, they could just be evidence of the explosion's effect weakening as it goes out further, what we should prioritize is the end result of the crater, what we can see and what the crater itself looks like.

The sides throwing up debris should not be the priority here, they're not part of the actual crater, heck, they could just be evidence of the explosion's effect weakening as it goes out further, what we should prioritize is the end result of the crater, what we can see and what the crater itself looks like.
Wrath of Mrk sends his regards

Screenshot_20210821-034848_Gallery.jpg

So is vap good to use, or do we need more staff?
Seems like majority are fine with vape, we got 3ish staff for vaping.

All we need is DT to verify if the field test for .25x diameter depth is valid and either migue or DT needs to come in here and break the tie on whether KT’s calc with DT’s suggestion passes or damages original calc. I’ve pinged DT for the depth and this thread so it’s just waiting 😔

Grand aunt came thru yesterday so I was barely on. The blog post I was referencing shows images that have already been presented on this thread, however, so kinda moot. That said, WoI and I - when I get some time - will work on a new one using colored images.
BASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back