• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Calculation Discussion: Biju Dama Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a fair point, I agree “turn to ash” is very metaphorical, but “dust” seems a bit more direct, I can peep the raws and see what kanji is used if that helps.

That’s a fair point, I agree “turn to ash” is very metaphorical, but “dust” seems a bit more direct, I can peep the raws and see what kanji is used if that helps.
I mean both Dust and Ash are used in the Metaphor they are not seperate.

in the same way people say "from dust you were born and from dust you will go"

Which is a lie. We don't see dust. And heat is necessary to turn something to ashes. The heat from vaporization.
"With an ultra-high density chakra cannon, he can now turn almost anything in his line of sight into dust and ash."
I didn't know "almost anything" meant "barely anything".
So any heat based technique that produces ash means that it's vaporization?

Now that's just headcanon. You know that you can turn things to ash without vaporizing them correct?

Even the databook said that Shinra Tensei turned things to ashes, so there's clearly something different..
You only think the manga has supporting feats. You just forgot that all of that is steam from vaporization.

Consistent inconsistencies? Nah. Those are steam and not dust. You are confusing things here.

Nah mate, those are smoke, visual effects of one. Databook stated with "ashes" that need heat and dust that we don't see.
Even the anime showed dust.
You're arguing against
1. The manga
2. The anime
3. The databook

And feel free to stop to instigate things before I report you. We know what you are doing here. Don't even try that.
Can you chill for once! for goddess's sake. I don't care if you are staff or not, that doesn't give you the right to spread negativity and to be rude towards others. It's surprising that Tempest and Arc hasn't lost their composure yet

Can you chill for once! for goddess's sake. I don't care if you are staff or not, that doesn't give you the right to spread negativity and to be rude towards others. It's surprising that Tempest and Arc hasn't lost their composure yet
LUL you are a bit late man. It's a shame that I'll ignore everything you said.

I mean sure? but the issue is that tailed beast bombs also cause shockwaves that blow away rock and dust around them.
Which is true, but this was an energy beam sort of BB, so it's entire blast area should've produced some smoke or something, but the only thing shown was dust

when I say shockwaves I mean they create these shockwaves without even touching the ground.
No i mean i understand that, I'm just saying that even with the fact that there's the large shockwave from the technique which is consistently shown, they still would've hinted at vap

And what about this?
Screen_Shot_2021-08-18_at_6.27.03_PM.png

No i mean i understand that, I'm just saying that even with the fact that there's the large shockwave from the technique which is consistently shown, they still would've hinted at vap
yeah but that's whats being argued isn't it, that the smoke is evidence of either Vap or just dust, when taking into account the Anime's lack of Smoke you would have to view it from POV of an anime director in how they are going to adapt this, do they take into account that the different smokes mean different things if they do mean different things at all, considering tgose types of clouds effects can be used for so many things.

I mean for example, Deidara's Suicide attack is straight-up stated to be Vaporization in the databook yet still has the same brown dust clouds that you get with Bijuu dama's in the anime.

This gotta be the worst argument I've seen in my life.

So we should axe all statements right?
This gotta be the worst argument I've seen in my life.

So we should axe all statements right?
No not really. ToP Frieza is 3A yet when he says something like that people take into account that he is only 5B

then let’s move to Dyspo who is apparently can move “as fast as light”….does that mean that should be taken literally when there are other showings?

yeah but that's whats being argued isn't it, that the smoke is evidence of either Vap or just dust, when taking into account the Anime's lack of Smoke you would have to view it from POV of an anime director in how they are going to adapt this, do they take into account that the different smokes mean different things if they do mean different things at all, considering tgose types of clouds effects can be used for so many things.
Ok this is a good point, so that's fair.
I mean for example, Deidara's Suicide attack is straight-up stated to be Vaporization in the databook yet still has the same brown dust clouds that you get with Bijuu dama's in the anime.
But what if that vaporization is also figurative language 👀 That's fair, I forgot it was brown in the anime too

No not really. ToP Frieza is 3A yet when he says something like that people take into account that he is only 5B
No, because this is not a cap to his power. Plus it's a false equivalence.
He can destroy a planet = he has the power to destroy a planet, it doesn't mean that he caps at that level.
then let’s move to Dyspo who is apparently can move “as fast as light”….does that mean that should be taken literally when there are other showings?
No, because this is a mistranslation and a false equivalence. It actually says Super Highest Speed Mode

Ok this is a good point, so that's fair.

But what if that vaporization is also figurative language 👀 That's fair, I forgot it was brown in the anime too
I mean there's a pretty big difference in usage between those words, as in Dust and Ash is a literal common metaphor while Vaporization May or May not be depending on the Situation. BUT if there is enough evidence that the word is also an example of Figurative language then sure.

That’s a TERRIBLE argument. So just because he said something like that it’s considered as such? I guess ToP Frieza saying he can destroy a planet means he’s 5B right?

EDIT: I still love ya ❤️
That's seriously a bad comparison and I'll tell you why. We've got Cell claiming he can destroy a solar system backed up by multiple Databooks, so your comparison implies we shouldn't take Cell's statement seriously? The reason why ToP Frieza is scaled at insert tier, isn't just because of one statement. ToP Frieza massively upscales from Cell, whose statement is accepted here.

So, even if we throw away Cell's statement, his tier wouldn't change. If you are making a comparison then at least one that makes sense.

That's seriously a bad comparison and I'll tell you why. We've got Cell claiming he can destroy a solar system backed up by multiple Databooks, so your comparison implies we shouldn't take Cell's statement seriously? The reason why ToP Frieza is scaled at insert tier, isn't just because of one statement. ToP Frieza massively upscales from Cell, whose statement is accepted here.

So, even if we throw away Cell's statement, his tier wouldn't change. If you are making a comparison then at least one that makes sense.
U didn’t even understood what I even meant so of course that went over your head

No, because this is not a cap to his power. Plus it's a false equivalence.
He can destroy a planet = he has the power to destroy a planet, it doesn't mean that he caps at that level.
I feel u still didn’t get what I meant. Just because Naruto said “imma pulverize ya with this!” Doesn’t mean that author has a care in a world if it’s actually gonna show pulverization. While the example I’m using does in fact has a different direction, it’s still pretty much the same thing for this regard. Just because a character says something along a line doesn’t necessarily mean it’s gonna be accurate

I feel u still didn’t get what I meant. Just because Naruto said “imma pulverize ya with this!” Doesn’t mean that author has a care in a world if it’s actually gonna show pulverization
Bro if Naruto says he will pulverize with a tailed beast bomb based attack, then he is pulverizing it, and anything else shown ties with pulverization

Bro if Naruto says he will pulverize with a tailed beast bomb based attack, then he is pulverizing it, and anything else shown ties with pulverization
That’s how someone knows they don’t be knowing anime. Again that’s honestly a terrible take for an argument

That’s how someone knows they don’t be knowing anime. Again that’s honestly a terrible take for an argument
Saying he wasn't intending to pulverizing Madara's meteors is an even bigger assumption, nothing suggests he was implying something else. Not to mention, they were in a situation, where Naruto couldn't possibly lie or bluff his way out of it, he knows his Jutsus better than anyone else if he says he's going to pulverize what speaks against it?

Instead of comparisons, please enlighten us what Naruto really meant by "pulverizing" while holding dozens of Rasenshurikens.

To be completely fair, it’s not like it’s uncommon for fiction to throw out the word pulverize as just a synonym for destruction, and it doesn’t mean actual pulverization.
Nah bro I understand that and I could agree with it, but he says it, then throws the attack, and then we see rocks around the meteors, and then when Sasuke lands on the ground there is raining rocks above him.

So far I mostly see people trying to prove that the feat is pulverisation.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? It seems that there is no canon statement about vaporization, and so far the only argument for it is:
  • "smoke" (which could be dust)
  • chakra being hot(?) (Even though heat =/= vaporization)

As far as I know, the wiki has pretty strict standards for accepting vaporization. There needs to be very clear signs of vapor or a statement.
Are there any other arguments supporting vaporization?

Last edited:
To be completely fair, it’s not like it’s uncommon for fiction to throw out the word pulverize as just a synonym for destruction, and it doesn’t mean actual pulverization.
Naruto used the term earlier in the series when trying to punch someone. though those Bijuu Dama's also had Truth-seeking Orbs in them that reduce things to dust so ¯\(ツ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back