• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

name a biological character that is below tier 6 that can beat celexus assassin or force an incon

Do they null technological concept manip?

Planck69 said:
Passive mind-hax, touch-based soul destruction, intangibility and invisibility, FTL speed etc. say otherwise.
Jord negates any attack on her that is intended to work via passive concept manip.

Toda has concept based Regenerationn, based on a stone with concept based Regenerationn. Though she is more uncertain.

Him? Both are woman...

Should come from philosopher stones for both. The ability reversal concept is from Jord's weapon.

My mistake.

Could you explain what it means by "intended to work on her"?

If the opponent expects it to work, it doesn't. Not sure how I should explain it beyond that. Maybe by saying what does work: If you do a move without thinking that it would affect Jord, then that move can effect her. E.g. the protagonist that defeated her did so by first realizing how her concept works. Then she closed her eyes and started randomly swinging her spear around, honestly believing none of the random spear swings would actually hit. Eventually she did hit and that worked on Jord.

Even then, Jord commented that it needs incredbile mental displine to do such a move, while really not thinking that it would work at the same time.

Wouldn't passives fall under that? Culexus is always like this whether he's actively fighting or not. He doesn't even expect it to win his fights most of the time.

If it thinks the passive will work, then it won't.

DontTalkDT said:
If it thinks the passive will work, then it won't.
I don't get it, does he actively have to think it won't work? He won't think about his mind-screw in a fight, this is as much his nature as having five fingers is ours.

EmperorRorepme said:
This is purely through technology? Or is it imbuing something to technology because Culexus can nullify conceptual power.
It works in a universe that lacks all concepts of supernatural power (essentially has the same concepts as real life). So it should be technically non-supernatural. Of course fictional super tech using non-realistic materials and supernatural powers are pretty hard to differentiate.

Planck69 said:
I don't get it, does he actively have to think it won't work? He won't think about his mind-screw in a fight, this is as much his nature as having five fingers is ours.
It's not about thinking, it's about expectation. He must not expect it to work.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It's going to be remade after I get my hands on the book, but Blob (Mortebianca) is pretty damn difficult to get rid of or beat, and is strictly natural in its earlier keys.
too slow and no counter for intangibility and mind hax

It doesn't have a mind, and speed doesn't really matter here either. Not only can't the assassin not see and hit each individual loose cell, but it'll eventually just grow and absorb the whole planet.

Plus, if you take the key where it's a plant, it spans for nearly the whole world. That one does have a mind, but each individual cell has one, so it can't be mindhaxed around the whole world by meeting one of its trees.

I don't think so. The virus and blob keys are just many individual cells working together.

The plant one is arguable, since it has a hive mind. The verse doesn't really mention anything about souls beyond human ones.

Hmm. Culexus can't kill it but he can keep out of harm's way with intangibility. Though I'm not sure if he can hold it indefinitely.

Back