• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Two petite framed students, in situations that require murder, and they both have names that start with N

Battle will take place at hope's peak

Both are unarmed

Speed equalized

Naegi:

Nagisa:1

Incon:

Last edited:
Voting for Naegi for his Luck

No way Nagisa is going to kill an opponent Junko lost to

that would probably apply if I let Nagisa have his gun but nah anyway his luck isn't gonna make something happen like make Nagisa miss a punch or something

That's Nagito, Makoto's luck wasn't really shown to be combat applicable other than him accidentaly dodging a ball or something that Junko thrown at him. He won with Junko at a debate, and she is pretty honorable in that department.

Usually, Nagito has more control over his luck while naegi is along for the ride like Junko's wrench throw missing and the time he was saved by alter ego either it doesn't matter naegi can't luck his way out of getting punched in the face

Ok, came back, yes, Naegi's luck is combat applicable, as defense, and is debatably stronger than Nagito's.

Kyosuke beat the shit out of naegi he didn't really luck his way out of that
But he did get out of there. Kyosuke had every intention to kill Naegi, but it was luck (via Fire Hydrant) + Empathetic Manipulation which saved him.

Here's what Junko states about Naegi's luck and she makes a comparison with Nagito's (The Anime is canon with the games)

That doesn't indicate in any way that his luck is actually better than Nagito's, it's just a different form of luck, as Junko has stated.

naegi's luck is unpredictable and more defensive than offensive and yes it's combat applicable

I don't think any luck is predictable by nature...

Defensive - hey, okay, but Nagisa is still a prodigy assassin with plenty of skill that towers over Makoto, and some pseudo-hax abilities. I'd say Makoto can't do much against that.

Yes, it's because she said "it comes and goes", so sometimes works sometimes not, if we take her statement as a priority (albeit I would take it with a grain of salt)

i mean junko is an extraordinary genius that predicted everything in verse including nagito's luck and her own death but couldn't predict naegi's luck

That's what I just said, it comes and goes, that's why she couldn't predict it. Nagisa doesn't know that he's lucky in the first place so.

not really ? i mean in nagito's backstory it is true that he gets bad luck and then gets good luck but in the rest of the show all that he gets is good luck

Meh, not really relevant. Anyways I vote for Nagisa. Way more lethal than Kyousuke was, and Makoto isn't much of a fighter.

aight one for Nagisa I'm not gonna count any Naegi votes until someone can prove Naegi's luck can prevent him from getting the shit beat out of him which has happened a couple of times like when mondo did it, Kyosuke, and Juzo it hasn't shown to be effective in an h2h scenario

until someone can prove Naegi's luck can prevent him from getting the shit beat out of him
We don't have to prove that. Naegi's luck prevents him from dying, which is how you avoid the bad future from trial 5 if you sacrifice Naegi to the Punishment Time instead of Miss Detective

yeah i don't see how Nagisa is gonna overcome his luck making accidents happen and protecting naegi and such

Nagisa can just clap and... how can Makoto overcome sound? Makoto isn't a fighter and his luck isn't absolute like many claim it to be.

We don't have to prove that. Naegi's luck prevents him from dying, which is how you avoid the bad future from trial 5 if you sacrifice Naegi to the Punishment Time instead of Miss Detective
that's kinda like saying naegi can't die so he wins which just isn't right plus neither of them are probably gonna die given naegi isn't one for murder and nagisa is not armed so at most he'd probably just knock him out at worse

Knock out for Incap is acceptable. The point was Naegi's luck wouldn't let Naegi die.

Of course, Naegi can just talk his way into making Nagisa give up with his powerful Social Influencing

The clap wouldn't kill him instantly, Nagisa can kill after he claps.

He can only encourage people to be more hopeful, and if the people want it. That's at least what I remember from DR1. I don't think it will work on a somewhat seasoned assassin that has a bloodlust aura surrounding his body.

Back