• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mythology temporary deletion and quality control

Ok so this is probably a really bad time for me to make this thread. Both in my personal life and on this site but I'll probably never make it if I don't do it right now.

Pretty much our Mythology profiles are some of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. They look like a two year old slapped them together and vomited them onto this site. I've been seeing people make complete remakes of some of our myth profiles and comparing the two makes our current profiles like even worse.

Personally I think we should have myth pages and I always feel bad when people want to permanently get rid of them, but for right now I think we should delete all of our mythology pages (granted I remember one or two recently made ones that look good but it's been awhile since I've seen them) and completely remake the important ones like Greek and Norse mythology. Then add more or the rest after the important ones are made. I know someone was already remaking the Norse profiles, and while I don't know how accurate they are, I know they look a trillion times better.

Once again it probably is a horrible time to ask for this and I have zero free time today after I post this so I'm probably just going to glance at this thread every once and a while, but these pages qualities have been annoying me for around a year now and there's no better time to make a thread about it then when it's on your mind.

Don't take it bluntly but... can you give me some examples? Because the thing is that what you're showing is very complex and, to be honest, I agree with you.

Odin (Myth) is not the most obvious example but compared to Edenstar's sandbox version it looks terrible https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Edenstar/sandbox?useskin=oasis#Innate powers. Once again I'm not sure how accurate the sandbox is, but I doubt the current profile even more. Especially Thor (Myth) who is pretty much given any tier he could possibly be (granted the sandbox does that too but that's because of how Odin made everything with a corpse, like in our current profile Odin's 4-B key doesn't scale to his durability but it apparently scales to Thor's for some reason). I remember having a conversation with one of Greek profile supporters about how messy some off those profiles are but it's now pretty late where I live so I'm probably not going to notice the mistakes I usually noticed with those profiles. I know Norse mythology is definitely really out dated.

I went looking for other profiles I've made mental notes to redo, but I've currently forgotten what I found bad about them because I am exhausted from working today. I'll relook at them for more examples tomorrow but Norse mythology definitely pops out in my mind even when I'm completely exhausted.

(I believe the more obvious examples I was originally thinking of got deleted recently as I remember one of the more spammed myths got the axe due to it quality)

Honestly I agree with this, we already decided that we are going to make a CRT for each of the mythology so we can improve all of their profiles since we had the whole discussion of what the people who wrote this scripture thought was the universe around their time.

Back