• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
well the player has a week, which then would have a whole army of plants, the problem is the illusions of mystery which could fool that army and have the easy way, but the player has doom-shroom and ice-shroom that independent of the illusions its effects will be activated anyway thanks to the coffee beans, so that could easily end with the drones and with the mystery itself if it's in the feature of this one, although the doom-shroom leaves some holes I don't see this affecting it.

If the doom-shroom leaves a few holes, I don't see this affecting it.

Now if Mystery has any metal objects, they would be attracted to the magnets, regardless of the allusions they have in front of them.

i don't know if the projectiles guided by the tails of cats will chase the drones, because in the end if it is launched against the illusions like these they will not be real enemies, it could chase the drones, but in the end it could keep hitting the illusions.

The Cloverleaf would also send the drones flying into the sky.

And thanks to the constant sun, the plants wouldn't be exhausted at all, if they kept spamming attacks.

Also since the Plants can see invisible opponents they might be able to see through the illusions. Even if they couldn't, Mysterio would eventually run out of illusions since the Plants can even attack opponents made of pure light.

well my vote goes to the player.
thanks to the attacks you will eventually ignore the illusions and you can shoot your drones, the freezing, the constant spam of these plants, the instantaneous effects.

and the ability to steal the metal objects.

I mean, Mysterio has like, millions of drones, him running out could take weeks on end.

Also technically aren't plants vulnerable to flames? IIRC Mysterio has some flamethrowers in his arsenal.

Also what is the nature of invisibility here? It's highly presumptuous to just assume the plants can bypass that arsenal.

If he hits Mysterio with an E.M.Peach all his drones will go down and he'll be highly vulnerable.

They are, but one Ice-Shroom would make him unable to use fire.

To the point where regular people can't see them.

Even so, the plants have an extended feature, the player would perfectly have an army of plants in all possible places to be found, mines, explosives, freezing, plants that can disable their weapons, an exaggerated amount of projectiles that will work independently as stray bullets that can hit mystery, nullify fire, instant effects, ect.

I would like to point out that this is Orginal game player. So plants like E.M.Peach arent a factor as they arent in the first game.

I can change it to his second key though if people think thats a fairer matchup.

If he can just disable tech with a single attack this is a godstomp

Eh would it for every drone? Each is equipped with that.

I asked for the nature, not how it works.

This legit feels like a stomp for the player...

Mysterio would probably use his tech to conjure up a grand illusion and sneak his way into Player's house. My only concern is that even if Mysterio somehow makes it into his house, Player can use power ups and just toss Mysterio out.

However, I still think Mysterio would be able to fool Player with illusions long enough to shoot him in the back.

Yes, I know. My argument is that Mysterio wouldn't be stupid enough to fight the plants head on. He'll probably have two seperate drone teams, one to distract the plants, and one to cloak him and allow him to sneak into the house.

He fought Zomboss for 406 days, he's not going to be distracted that easily. Especially since the longer Mysterio takes the more time he has to set up his Tile Turnips.

Oh yeah, and some Plants' Plant Food effects hit every enemy at once.

That's literally irrelevant. How tf does that give him a resistance to illusions?

I mean in that scenario you're just proving this is a stomp because that implies the Player can oneshot Mysterio whenever. So either that Plant Food gets restricted, or this is a massive stomp

Spider-Man literally has precog lol. The Player doesn't. He just gets his precog working. That's the point of the climax

Irrelevant . That's game mechanics anyhow.

Mate, is this a stomp or not? You're switching around so hard and I want conclusive answers here

What if Mysterio's not on the lawn? And can it be triggered by flying enemies? Or is it spammable?

Again, what if Mysterio's not in the lawn?

Also, reading up, Doomshroom isn't spammable in the slightest, and while the AoE is significant, it has nothing that large to wipe out that many drones.

Also isn't it still 8-C?

Why would player instantly plant Doom Shrooms everywhere tho?

Ok can we close the thread for other reasons?

Doom Shroom apparently does 8-B level explosions and no one told me.

1) Mysterio can indeed fly

2) This is a stomp regardless

Back