• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My "The Average Human" profile discussion thread

^^^ I have this huge outdated profile of the average joe. And I'll set up a general discussion thread here.
Even if it's outdated, it still looks good. I also find it funny how you put a citation for how names vary depending on the individual. Like, yeah buddy, I would know, because I'm a human, so I don't need to verify whether or not it's true! 😆
First things first, should we give the average guy abilities for their optional equipment? What about for with preparation?
As long as what the optional equipment and preparation can do qualify as abilities, I don't see why not.

Even if it's outdated, it still looks good. I also find it funny how you put a citation for how names vary depending on the individual. Like, yeah buddy, I would know, because I'm a human, so I don't need to verify whether or not it's true! 😆
Back then, I didn't know that common sense stuff didn't need to be cited. And about citation overkill. Truth be told, as a person that wants to treat the profile like any profile on site, should the "don't delete info already on profile for space" be necessary here? Like is it ok already if there's a citation for a common sense thing?

In regards to my opinion of the profile. It has a lot of missing feats and parts should be shortened/modified heavily for readability. I mistaken durability for survival, etc.

In my experience, if you ask me how good of a combatant a regular person is...
  • Under adrenaline, we can get very strong and quick. And we're very capable of fending for ourselves physically; we're capable overpowering 10-B predators and savage dogs, and we can potentially one-shot a person slightly stronger than us.
  • The problem is, we're not very skilled fighters, much like the case for Gale Weathers. We also rely on no-selling rather than material withstanding forces for our durability.
As long as what the optional equipment and preparation can do qualify as abilities, I don't see why not.
That's the problem. With preparation, we can do all sorts of stuff that would count as an infohazard. Like there might be a drawn line where it would get unethical to for example... state that we're capable of "X illegal thing" that anyone has access to.

And truth be told, my 100 K+ byte profile here is actually a sandbox where much of my editing exp comes from. And as you can tell from the composite human and tree profile, my experience has built up successfully since then.

Back then, I didn't know that common sense stuff didn't need to be cited. And about citation overkill. Truth be told, as a person that wants to treat the profile like any profile on site, should the "don't delete info already on profile for space" be necessary here? Like is it ok already if there's a citation for a common sense thing?
I don't have a problem with everything having citations. I just thought it was funny, which is a good thing, and a profile having information is a good thing.
In regards to my opinion of the profile. It has a lot of missing feats and parts should be shortened/modified heavily for readability. I mistaken durability for survival, etc.

In my experience, if you ask me how good of a combatant a regular person is...
  • Under adrenaline, we can get very strong and quick. And we're very capable of fending for ourselves physically; we're capable overpowering 10-B predators and savage dogs, and we can potentially one-shot a person slightly stronger than us.
  • The problem is, we're not very skilled fighters, much like the case for Gale Weathers. We also rely on no-selling rather than material withstanding forces for our durability.
And truth be told, my 100 K+ byte profile here is actually a sandbox where much of my editing exp comes from. And as you can tell from the composite human and tree profile, my experience has built up successfully since then.
Yes, I have seen your more recent feats of profile creation. 👍
That's the problem. With preparation, we can do all sorts of stuff that would count as an infohazard. Like there might be a drawn line where it would get unethical to for example... state that we're capable of "X illegal thing" that anyone has access to.
Going along with how this is an average human, I recommend researching about average human willingness to act and something like what the average is for criminal activity versus refusal to do criminal activity.

Going along with how this is an average human, I recommend researching about average human willingness to act and something like what the average is for criminal activity versus refusal to do criminal activity.
Good for research, but... the reason why there's not avg human profile is that this is a fictional indexing website.
  • We only do IRL profiles as a reference point. And not only we virtually survived without an avg human profile for 14 years. Staff find it unethical and not appropriate to have a matchbanned profile that's basically info on people still breathing. That's why I'm hesitant on including criminal info stuffs.
  • Not to mention the amount of stuff the average person could do with prep is endless. Where's the line drawn with the average guy with prep and composite human?

I've debated a lot regarding the existence on having such a profile official with DarlingAurora. And despite it not being likely to be official on site, DarlingAurora could get very far in the debate if it were to happen on a staff thread. Not sure what's your view on the profile here.

Good for research, but... the reason why there's not avg human profile is that this is a fictional indexing website.
  • We only do IRL profiles as a reference point. And not only we virtually survived without an avg human profile for 14 years. Staff find it unethical and not appropriate to have a matchbanned profile that's basically info on people still breathing. That's why I'm hesitant on including criminal info stuffs.
  • Not to mention the amount of stuff the average person could do with prep is endless. Where's the line drawn with the average guy with prep and composite human?

I've debated a lot regarding the existence on having such a profile official with DarlingAurora. And despite it not being likely to be official on site, DarlingAurora could get very far in the debate if it were to happen on a staff thread. Not sure what's your view on the profile here.
I didn't know about what you wrote in the first point, but at the same time, I assumed you were going to post this on the Joke Battles Wiki anyway. I understand. If you aim for the average human profile to be on the VS Battles Wiki, then I guess you should exclude preparation abilities unless the VS Battles Wiki's stance changes.

As for where to draw the line with preparation: I suppose you should keep it general. As an example of what to avoid, countless average humans had the potential to have theoretically became a government leader, but I think they would've no longer counted as average humans if they did, since being a government leader is too specific and grand.

I didn't know about what you wrote in the first point, but at the same time, I assumed you were going to post this on the Joke Battles Wiki anyway. I understand. If you aim for the average human profile to be on the VS Battles Wiki, then I guess you should exclude preparation abilities unless the VS Battles Wiki's stance changes.

As for where to draw the line with preparation: I suppose you should keep it general. As an example of what to avoid, countless average humans had the potential to have theoretically became a government leader, but I think they would've no longer counted as average humans if they did, since being a government leader is too specific and grand.
Posting it on joke battles is a good idea either, considering they don't want VSBW rejects as their rules state. It would survive for a bit due to the staff shortage, but having the profile there isn't a long term solution.

Thanks for the advice on the "with preparation" part.

Posting it on joke battles is a good idea either, considering they don't want VSBW rejects as their rules state. It would survive for a bit due to the staff shortage, but having the profile there isn't a long term solution.
Rather than merely being for what the VS Battles Wiki doesn't allow, I was thinking of it as being in the same way of those composite real life entity profiles, but unlike Composite Human, an average human profile would be a lot more grounded, restricting itself to what is common rather than allowing peak human capabilities. Composite Human was originally associated with the VS Battles Wiki long ago, as you know, and yet the Joke Battles Wiki allows that profile and similar ones.
Thanks for the advice on the "with preparation" part.
I'm glad to help. 👍

Rather than merely being for what the VS Battles Wiki doesn't allow, I was thinking of it as being in the same way of those composite real life entity profiles, but unlike Composite Human, an average human profile would be a lot more grounded, restricting itself to what is common rather than allowing peak human capabilities. Composite Human was originally associated with the VS Battles Wiki long ago, as you know, and yet the Joke Battles Wiki allows that profile and similar ones.
That's because they're composites; profiles without a Canon. And some of them can be subjectively jokes. Look at composite tree for example.

The average human in a sense, does have a canon via our IRL timeline. It would be booted out of JBW with time

Back