• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Resignation

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
I have decided that I'll be quitting my job as an admin in the wiki. What's the reason for this? Well, it's because I've realized that I haven't been doing a good job anymore. I don't monitor edits or clean up pages at all, I don't try to go into content revisions and offer help, I tend to avoid interfering when hostility erupts between users, and I wish to always leave rule violation reports to other admins nowadays. I honestly don't think I'm eligible to be an admin anymore, and the thread Sera (someone I've respected for as long as I've been here) made is what really helped me come to terms with that. So yeah, these are the problems, to say nothing of college and external duties which will inevitably bring with it a lot of time investment outside the wiki

If I was being generous with myself, I might say that the problems could be remedied, and that only a break is needed; but I honestly don't think that's the case. I'm not feeling pressure, and my real life circumstances are normal, if I can't put my time into the wiki now, I simply may not be able to put time into it at all. I think I've just lost my motivation, and now there's nothing to be done.

With all that said, there's just one thing I have to make clear, I loved my time as staff. Before this wiki I was a person who didn't think much of himself but contributing to the site helped me change that. I felt like people were depending on me, giving me value, and that I was putting my time and effort into something I liked, and standing up for my viewpoints, in a way that I could've never imagined myself doing before, I was genuinely proud of myself, and I can't thank you people enough for that.

Understand that I didn't become tired of the wiki, I just don't think I'm able to contribute to it anymore in a way that my title demands, and because of that I turn in my proverbial badge and leave the work to all the other people in the team. All this of this had been a great experience, thank you and wish you luck

join the bluename revolution br0ther

In all honesty I'd be extremely sad to see you go, in my opinion you had always been a pretty significant staff member and your contributions were quite valuable especially when it was saving my verses but I trust your judgement on the topic and fully respect your decision.

It is a shame to see you go Andy, especially since you inspired me to make the best content revision thread ever writte.

But yeah, I was admittedly one of the first people to sort of witness a loss in HR/Admin performance. No offence intended however. I always thought of you as a great Admin and it has been fun to be promoted along side you. I'm at least glad that you'll be able to stick around; though the HR group seems incomplete without a 6th. It was also great of you to support me during some pretty rough times. I hope life goes well for you and that you still feel welcome to the wiki.

Also, should this thread be highlighted?

noooooo, not another one gone (._.)

But if it helps at all, let me try to alleviate a little bit of despair.

If I was being generous with myself, I might say that the problems could be remedied, and that only a break is needed; but I honestly don't think that's the case... I think I've just lost my motivation, and now there's nothing to be done.

A lot of the time people do temporarily lose motivation with the wiki, and a break can honestly help with that. Losing motivation for a period of time isn't always a death knell for your time on the wiki, and I'm sure that staff members would welcome you back to staffhood with open arms if you ever felt ready for it again.

Damn... I hardly even realised that there were any problems. I always considered you to be quite possibly one of the most respectable admins on here (no offence to any of the other admins, though full offence intended for Bambu kek )

It'll be sad to see you leaving your position; I don't even think I remember a time where you didn't have that green name.

I am really sorry to seee you leave. Contrary to your own opinion, I think that you have consistently been of great help and tried as best you can, including recently. I have appreciated all of your help over the years. I am glad that you feel that this community has made you feel better about yourself in any case, and wish you good luck for the future. Please take care of yourself. You are always welcome back if you should change your mind.

Agnaa said:
A lot of the time people do temporarily lose motivation with the wiki, and a break can honestly help with that. Losing motivation for a period of time isn't always a death knell for your time on the wiki, and I'm sure that staff members would welcome you back to staffhood with open arms if you ever felt ready for it again.
I agree about this. As I mentioned earlier, I have no problem at all with your job performance, so feel free to only take a break if you think that can work out instead.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
You were one of the admins I appreciate the most, and helpful in a lot of CRTs. It's a shame to see you resign. Luckily you're still going to stick around. I hope all goes well for you.
Likewise you're one of the members I appreciate the most, since you're one of the first friends I ever made on this site

The arrowverse discussions were what really got me invested into the site, so I've got you and some other users to thank for that

Honestly, this is sad Andy. I only knew you for a short while as admin and you were every bit as amazing as I'd have imagined.

Regardless, all the best in the future endeavors.

Sad to see you resign Andy, but at least you're staying on the wiki which is a huge relief since you were very helpful in basically all of my CRT's. I did notice you being a bit less active "lately" but that could just be the discussion part of your job. Anyways, see you around and good luck!

We will all miss you, Andy. It just won't be the same without you.

... as staff. Hopefully you don't leave for good anytime soon, either. That would suck.

I don't know what to say. I knew this was coming but I still wish you'd just take a break and stay as staff.

I'm just happy that one of my best friends and an invaluable member isn't leaving the wiki. Colors honestly don't matter much, people do.

Whygodwhy
Tumblr n366z6F0vh1tw1vhco1 250

I agree, Andy is way too good for "I don't feel I'm helpful enough to be an Admin" being the reason. If it's due to RL stress or loss of interest, I could understand, but not because of qualify dropping.

That being said, the decision is Andy's, and thus still something I respect. As long as now one's forcing him to retire, it's not so bad. And at least he'll stick around.

It's not stress, I just think it's better if I don't have it as a job to moderate heated discussions, review CRTs, weigh in on rule violations, clean up pages etc. They are important things for an admin but I don't wish to deal with these matters anymore, unless in extremely limited amounts

Admins are not required to clean up pages. It is appreciated if they help out with CRTs and rule violations to some degree though.

Sigh, definitely something I didn't expect, and something I'd never have wished for. I don't know you that match personally, but know that as a mod you were great, Andy (at least in the timeframe I knew you cough owo).

Are all the old ones retiring now...? :/

Have fun as a not green. Rip hr response times

Now you have to get a profile picture that matches blue :)

Not much for me to say since we haven't interacted much, but I hope this works out for the better.

Reporting Cal for breaking the 3rd Commandment

Jokes aside, I'm also going to be a while to see Andy blue, I'm still not used to seeing Kaltias, DarkAnine, Reppuzan, Azathoth, and Mr King with Blue names.

Back