• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just so stupid, what the heck is fandom thinking. is there a way for everyone to voice their opinion on the case for kep, maybe if everyone sent a message to fandom we can do something about it. This is just too abusive of power.

While i can't speak for every black person, and I'm generally not all that offended by stuff most people consider offensive, the idea that fandom seems to have that black people are so emotionally weak and unstable that they would go sue the site or give it bad publicity or whatever due to the use of a word in any context whatsoever is more offensive than the word really can be coming from random dudes on the inernet, even when said with malice.

... Is that word so horrible that someone the authorities would permaban someone with no chance to explain themself? I'm from a country where people say even greater "insults" to salute others (reason why I'm so tolerant), and I never have said anything offensive beyond "stupid" in my time here, and I do not support to use bad words; but banning people by saying slags whose current significance do not differ from "fellow", "buddy" or "bro" is just ridiculous.

I known it offends people, if it does, then a warning is enough, the user already known that is offending the users around, using it after that would mean that he likes to insult the users (and I'm refering to any bad word) and authorities should do something. Quotes and "chalequeo" shouldn't be considered insults, and do not warrants bans, not instantly, not permanent...

..... I understand your reasonings for leaving. But still... Because of the foolishness of the supposed ones who handle the FANDOM site. I don't feel comfortable KUDOing your post, as it make it imply that I want you gone. Quite the opposite is true. You shall be dearly missed by this community. Including this one user who doesn't have much to contribute , or important enough to mean much if I do happen to leave randomly.

However, I do have one thing to say: This level of ignorance, especially from those that call themselves the mods of the FANDOM staff, is completely unacceptable. I don't even wat to hear any arguments for what they chose to believe... I can't even comprehend how they managed to make such a mistake, when someone was being quote or giving a example of toxic behaviour , is believed to be a instigator for said behaviour . It.... almost makes me want to leave this community and never return. Almost.

I mean, we can always just create another site using the links Darkanine provided us, I will try and get one for ourselves, if Fandom is seriously going to be ******** to the point in which they are practically cutting off Kep tongue off to stop him of speaking here or elsewhere, Fandom be damned, Kep was here for long I can remember from my time as a lurker, he helped a bunch of the users, and Adsalt as well.

I would say to **** Fandom, but I don't want the brain STF they seem to have, for I do not wish to be that stupid on my life

I won't let this slide. I have no problem explaining this further to them since they don't seem to understand how quotes work.

Don't quote anyone if they say something offensive guys, you'd be lolnoped by the Regime.

The Social Justice League is a parasite using other people's oversensitivity to stroke their own "righteous" ego.

Just don't leave us Assalt, this far from over.

Isn't this literally Papa John quote problem? And look at how much hate he got, Fandom know this, they are just waiting for people to come here and say that, Kep was racist and shit

Im so tired of this bullshit. Im leaving this place and im only coming back when FANDOM gets its shit together. See you guys around.

Aliás, FANDOM, vai tomar no seu cu.

Wiki is increasingly becoming more authoritarian at times and it makes me sad. It's the same situation as Youtube, there are other platforms, but none are as easy and accessable as it so people will just take the abuse of censorship and corruption.

I hope good luck to you Assalt, goodbye

RegisNex1232 said:
I like how toxic everyone becomes towards FANDOM when someone they like got banned. It's like they all forgot to read TimmyQuivy's blog.
Yes I completely agree with this. As disagreeable as FANDOM's actions may be, I definitely don't support people going "**** FANDOM!". Especially since it really, you know, isn't helping your case at all.

I literally couldn't post a message because it had the abbreviation for [1] in it...

Are you kidding me? There's a script CENSORING people now?

I'm new here, so I don't know you. But I can see the emotion all the others are feeling for you, so I can say with certainty that you have done well for this community.

However we cannot make an enemy out of Fandom and burn them at the stake, lest we bite the hand that feeds us (though I can understand some of you lost your appetite). We must err on the side of caution, always. Slippery slopes always have the potential for consequence, and a risk this large could've been avoided altogether. We all accepted Fandom's Terms of Use when we registered.

Uproar and tangible anger and hostility isn't the solution. Society is becoming increasingly and rapidly politically correct. We must adapt.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
While I disagree with this decision and such. You all should likely calm down. No, more like you all should most certainly calm down.
Yes. We're never going to convince FANDOM that this isn't a toxic community by acting like this.

This is just stuped, ignorant, utterly unfair, and in the complete lack of other explanation unlogical, makes me wonder if the FANDOM staff themselves are in capacity to handle their own platform.

I got this feeling way back then when they started to punish users for uploading screenshots without context. Now, nonone can say a single thing, nonone will have the chance to defend themselves for such as out-of-mind accusations, everyone is a possible racist/sexual assalter.

It looks like we are trapped in a building that is slowly collapsing over their own pillars, and nonone has the right to call for help.

I am still trying to reason with Fandom about this, but am feeling very demoralised at the moment.

12000 hours of work on my part to build this community into a friendly and collaborative place, and the Discord group decides to systematically dismantle it in any way they can, including by using Fandom as a weapon, even though the Discord people are nearly as far from politically correct as possible themselves.

I ask Assaltwaffle to at least give it a few days until Kepekley23, Sera, and I have had the chance to speak further with Fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back