• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Movie

Apparently the movie has been leaked two days early on ******************. I would advice people to not watch the movie until they watch it in theaters, but I know there will be people that'll could watch it now. At least we have an easily accessible place for info on the movie. I do not want to spoiled, so wait until Thursday night or Friday (or possibly later) to post stuff in the thread.

I'll be going on Thursday night for the movie.

I've seen the film. Not gonna spoil any plot points, but I do want to mention that Alicorn Twilight is likely not comparable to Celestia or Luna, as near the beginning she pretty explicitly mentions not being able to move celestial bodies due to not having their magic. This could require a minor CRT, which I'm pretty sure would only affect Twilight and Starlight.

I have started to see it, but not finished yet.

Was pretty fun, actually. Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. The Storm King was pretty great despite his limited screen time. I know he's basically just there as a motivator for Tempest, but he's damn good at chewing the scenery.

Also so will Tempest and Storm King get profiles soon? There probably the most important new ones

I just finished it. I really enjoyed it for what it was, a fun adventure movie. The animation took some time to get used too, but it was really beautiful. The backgrounds were especially pretty, they looked straight out of a storybook, which is an aesthetic that does wonders for the series and an aesthetic I personally really enjoy.

The plot was a little all-over the place, but I liked that aspect of it, constantly going to different environments to keep the visuals fresh. I just wish we got a little more of the ocean and island, less of the steampunk city.

My only real qualms was the fact that it felt a little "fanficy" at times. Tempest looked like an OC (she had a cool design, if a little out of place) and all the steampunk ships, anthro-fish/cat/pig people seemed out of place to me and Songbird Serenade was just a straight up Tumblr OC, you can't convince me otherwise.

The Storm King was a great villain, but I wish he had just a few more scenes. Reminds me of Hades from Disney's Hercules, which is always a good thing.

As for profiles, here are some ideas.

• Tempest Shadow: At least High 7-C, likely higher (Should be superior to Storm Guards, who could match Rainbow Dash in strength. Threatened the entire Mane Six at once). 4-C with magical bombs (The bombs broke Princess Cadances shields)
  • Captain Celaeno: At least High 7-C (Spared with Rainbow Dash twice. Defeated multiple Storm Guards in combat)
  • Queen Novo: Possibly 4-C (Should be comparable to other Princesses and Queens). I'm okay if this isn't accepted, since she had not much of anything to quantify.
  • Storm King: Possibly 4-C (Threatened Queen Novo to the point of forcing her to retreat into the ocean). High 4-C with the Storm Staff at full power (Has the power of four Alicorns. Moved the sun and moon many times faster than the speed of light)
Edit: Did anyone else notice how similar the plot was to the first Spongebob movie? I couldn't be the only one, right?

Here's a thing about Tempest, her flashback seemed to take place during Season 3 (it mentions Cadance as a princess, but not Twilight Sparkle). For proof, read "Stormy Road to Canterlot". How did she age so quickly?

MLP has a lot of age-based chronology problems, so that doesn't surprise me.

There's a comic where Shining Armor and Twilight are both foals together, then another comic where he's in college and she's not even in elementary school, and another comic where he's only a few years older then older then Twilight when she attends Celestia's school, lol.

In the comics at least, she was.

She was a princess since at least the time she was babysitting Twilight.

Also, Flurry Heart was too dangerous for the party, so Shining Armor babysat her to be out of the movie.

I was but I thought the movie was coming out on the 16th, not 6th. I'll read through it later, thanks for sharing.

Also, did anyone else notice the scene where Twilight (barely) reacted to a beam of sunlight? It was in "We Got This Together", but I'm having a hard time finding the full song on YouTube.

Well, I find the movie hard to scale from, as the alicorns seemed to be severely depowered for the sake of the plot. 4-C for the Storm King and Queen Novo seems especially suspicious, as we have no indications of their powers without equipment.

I don't see how the Alicorns were "depowered" at all. With the power of all four of them, Storm King was messing with the day and night cycle like nothing, making it go from day to night many times in a second.

Well, Twilight was basically useless for combat purposes, even against the Storm King's goons, and the other princesses were easily overpowered.

Well, Storm King also made a massive storm larger then Canterlot too if I recall, so that ought to yield good results.

That could be an idea, yes, but that was with the Alicorns' power.

He was making storms before he had Twilights power, but they werent as grand. I think "At least High 7-C" scaling off the Mane Six and for making a storm is fine for now.

With Alicorn powers he should be easily High 4-C though.

Okay. Are you certain though? I thought that he could only create storms with the staff.

Well I mean if he exactly what Tia and Luna do shouldn't he still get the rating with there power?

With their power he should be High 4-C, sure, without it, I have no idea.

Also if anyone asks yes the movie is canon as a seapony is confirmed for S8 and Novo will be appearing in the comics soon

Seaponies have been a thing for awhile, albeit in para-canon works. They have their own kingdom called "Aquastria" too.

It's kind of lame.

Tbh they look so much better then there G1 counterparts but given this is FIM that's kinda a given

Not for nothing, G1 has some good designs for things. It's why G4 borrows a lot of G1 stuff, like Storm King and Tirek.

I'm not sure if Storm King was in G1 or not but he's clearly inspired by its art direction, just look at Scorpa.

Really, the worst thing about G1 is the voice acting. Spike sounds like a 40 year old man and it's weird.

True enough there I remember it being surprisingly dark for its time also yeah Storm King was somewhat inspired by Scorpan iirc it was even mentioned in the art book

Well, for what it is worth, I really liked the animation of the movie. I just didn't think that a plot where the ponies could get sold or eaten seemed to fit with the overall mood of the show, and then there are some of the plot holes mentioned by IGN.

Yeah although Dark do you think you can calc the storm sometime today? could help for consistency also a sunlight dodge sounds cool if legit if Jack is anything to go by

The ponies getting sold as slaves was weird, but not totally out of the norm for the series. They weren't in Equestria anymore, so the laws of the land were different and not at all Pony-focused. Especially different because they were in predator lands, not herbivore lands.

I thought the plot was good. It was a fun adventure with a great sense of scale. The plotholes weren't really a big deal since they weren't very major. What bothered me more so was the few times when characters did especially dumb things to further the plot.

Yes, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle all acted too stupid or out of character when they did the dumb things that you refer to.

Back