• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Speed Revisions

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
All Might is rated as being subsonic+ so why are weaker characters like izuku and gran torino rated as supersonic? Also why is gran torino supersonic in the first place i don't remember any feats that places him at such speeds.

Shouta aizawa is also rated as supersonic for being able to contain bakugou yet bakugou is rated as subsonic, what? The speed tiering of the verse is a complete mess.

Also what calcs place bakugou's explosions at subsonic?

That is peculiar.

I suppose we've generally based Bakugou's explosion speed on the fact that his sweat is supposed to have the same properties as nitroglycerin, the active ingredient in dynamite and most other explosives.

That said, Gran Torino blitzed the ever-loving crap out of multiple villains at once and was comparable to All Might in terms of speed when he was younger, calling the latter slow in the present day despite his age.

All Might should be Supersonic for being, well, blatantly superior to everyone who isn't Noumu, All for One, or Gran Torino. Plus he's shifted quite a bit of air. Not sure if it's a sonic boom or not. He also casually commented on and dodged Bakugou's explosion attack from behind (but the latter might have missed intentionally to create an opening). All this happened while restrained by Hatsume's handicap weights.

Aizawa casually blitzed Todoroki despite having his movements restrained by Hatsume's handicap weights. (Granted it was a surprise attack). However, he should top out at Subsonic+ and nothing more, since he's obviously slower than All Might.

Ok i understand bakugou's rating now, however still not understanding where supersonic is coming from. Multiple calcs place all mights at subsonic+ like his punching speed and the other one with him travelling some kilometers in 30 seconds i think.

Well, I changed Aizawa's speed.

It doesn't change the fact that All Might is undeniably faster than him to a rather extreme extent thanks to One for All. Few, if any people in the series react to a serious All Might, but without calcs I'm not sure if we can bump him up or not.

The supersonic rating for gran torino should be removed, yes he called all might slow but all might doesn't have any speed feats that place him at supersonic, he is at least subsonic+ by feats.

If gran torino were as fast or faster than all might and izuku could react to him that means izuku is on all mights level of speed which is clearly not right.

Everyone below all might should be at least subsonic imo.

why cant allmight be transsonic?

he blitzes subsonic chars on a daily basis and also subsonic+ chars, than we could place him at transsonic, i dont think it requires supersonic speed to do what he did,

as for bakugous explosion, arent explosion generally around mach 1? we could add transsonic attack speed to that,

and i agree for gran torino, at most he is subsonic+...

Bakugous's explosion need to be evaluated just how fast it is as pretty much all the scaling for the verse comes from it.

I can agree with transonic all might.

^but if we take the sourve of the explosion as that or nitro or other explosive-material than it should reach such speeds in RL right? why not adding it as attack speed?

GSin does have a point about that. A Transonic character could technically be able to blitz Subsonic characters and i guess maybe Subsonic+ ones too? So maybe it could "At least Subsonic+, likely Transonic" or just "Transonic" for All Might.

As for Bakugou having Transonic Attack Speed, not really sure. I'd probably ask Alakabamm for that (of which i'll bring him over after i finish this comment).

Bakugou only has an attack speed exceeding supersonic at a range very close to his explosions centers - it decreases significantly at range. So you would need a very close range, specific type of dodge to scale to anything calculated from that.

But yea, I think All Might only has subsonic feats.

Okay. It seems like the other, slower, MHA characters should be downgraded below All Might's speed level then.

http://********.me/manga/boku_no_hero_academia/vTBD/c092/10.html

http://********.me/manga/boku_no_hero_academia/vTBD/c092/11.html

allmight cancelled the shockwave attack of all for one with timed punches of equal strength,

that requires at least shockwave (mach 1 or higher i assume) reaction speed, and he was in his incredible weakened state, so given that, i would say "at least transonic reaction speed" fits,

what do you guys say?

@GreatestSin

Stop using ********* The series is licensed and you're just sending us useless links.

Back