• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #8

This one of the only things I've been hype for in MHA ever since the Overhual arc! Nine looks freaking amazing! I love the leader. I also love the concept with Deku and Baku meeting them coincidentally years ago before the movie.

Awesome Movie making Money means more budget for more seasons

I hope I get a chance to see it in theaters unlike the first one where I couldn't because of a Fire Alarm going offƒÿô

And the end? Ugh. Bakugo didn't see Deku as a threat till after his (only one-on-one) loss against Deku.

Bakugo bullying Deku was from an subtle inferiority complex, not because he saw Deku as a threat. After Bakugo saw Deku as threat, he began treating Deku as competition along with Shoto.

I don't like these movie's tie-in chapters.

So, fun little anecdote.

Started reading MHA: Vigilantes today- so far enjoying it- and I get to chapter 12; the chapter that goes on a spiel about Heroes and Vigilantes along with all the legal subtext surrounding the distinction. So as I'm reading it my sister sends me this and asks me to dissect it, knowing I love superheroes, The Good Place, pointless questions and I imagine being a law student factors in somewhere in her reasoning.

This anecdote really has no exciting ending though, I gave her an answer citing boring legal stuff, outlined that Batman is a Vigilante and technically operates outside the law so the restraining order wouldn't really stop him, and hope she learnt something. I just thought the it was a bit of a happy coincidence she decided to send me that just as I was reading that specific chapter in vigilantes.

Vigilantes is pretty good. Part of the mystery for me is how much in Vigilantes is going to be referenced in the main continuity. And there's more and more signs lately showing connections between the two series.

Speaking of Number 6, he crossed 250 metres faster than Knuckleduster could realise he had moved, presumably.

And, should there be a separate forum for discussing stuff from the movie as not to spoil those who don't want to be spoiled?

So many people online complaining about the only ok animation of Mirio vs Overhaul while I'm sitting here like...

That Deku vs Overhaul Sakuga Preview Tho! Bones bout to flex for Deku vs Overhaul these next few weeks

It was perfectly acceptable, it had the music and voice acting to make up for it, honestly people are so spoiled nowadays, animators work really hard for us viewers and people complain and call them lazy saying that they should do better

You can't please anyone nowadays, like with Luffy vs Kaido, it was gorgeous but people complained it didn't exactly follow the manga, with Mirio vs Overhaul, people compalained that there wasn't any crazy sakuga (Even tho that crazy sakuga is literally coming in the next few episodes)

The only legit animation complaints recently is NNT Season 3, that messed up really bad

I can't help but think that the animation would have been a lot better if it weren't for that stupid movie.

Hopefully, it'll be the last film according to Horikoshi.

I mean, it's not like having the movie is bad, the first movie came out while a season was out and yet the animation was still good, yeah this episode wasn't great animation wise, but every other episode has been quite good, Suneater and Kirishims's fight got good animation and if the trailers prove anything Deku vs Overhaul's gonna be amazing, I think that they just didn't get enough time for this episode

The first movie didn't hinder the seasons, plus the movie will be a great addition with amazing animation and story anyways, so I'm not upset the movie exists

With the pacing the anime's going at as well, I'm pretty sure we'll get the Gentle Arc and also the Endeavor arc, so Deku vs Gentle and Endeavor vs Nomu also has chances to be really well animated

Honestly this season has been great for me

The quality of the anime has been slowly declining since the second half of season 3, the Provisional License Exam Arc was awful, and the first movie is the only thing we can blame.

The animation of Mob Psycho 2 was stupidly amazing throughout the season, and I can't believe Studio Bones put more effort into a series that doesn't even come close to the popularity of My Hero Academia

I disagree, the provisional license exam arc was fine, it just didn't have any noteworthy fights to give proper sakuga, I mean they finished season 3 very strong with Deku vs Bakugou and Season 4's fights have been good as well with Mirio vs Overhaul only being slightly bland and we're getting a good fight in the coming weeks

Mob Psycho 2 had only 13 episodes while My Hero has 25 plus a movie, I think My Hero gets a little leniency on that regard, plus the movie's aren't a bad thing, they're fun, well written, and have great animation, and the anime really isn't suffering due to the movie, anyways this will be the last movie regardless, so Season 5 and on should be perfect if you truly think this season has been lackluster due to the movie

If the spoilers I've been seeing are true, the movie would be anything but well written.

In my opinion, the animation of the first and second season was much more consistent, not only the "sakuga moments" were well animated. Either way, only time will tell if I was right

Don't judge a movie till you've seen it, I will however admit the Bakugou spoilers are dumb, even if explained, it's dumb he gets to use that power

It'll probably still be fun tho

The translations make the chapter a little hard to understand, but it seems like Deku can now consistently use Black Whip, Todoroki can use Speed Amps with his fire, and Bakugo got... It's a little unclear, he says compression shots, I assume better speed and control

And it looks like at the end of the chapter, All Might is gonna tell Deku and Bakugo about all the past predecessors quirks so he can try and awaken them, hopefully we learn about all of them so we can at least get an idea of what quirks Deku will awaken

I think his compression shots is him focusing his blasts to do higher piercing damage... I think.

Genuinely happy for all the students, they're all making good headway, Aizawa and Mic on the other hand... they're in a bad place

Fingers crossed one of the new quirks will be flight

Bakugo's compressions shots are basically his full power AP shots but stronger, more consistent, spammable now (?) and boost his speed way higher than normal explosions.

Mina blatantly dodges the naval laser several times in her fight with Aoyama, and in the anime dodges it when it's right next to her head.

(Also I won't advocate hard for this until more people dodge it, but just know that I am lurking on the naval laser for the rest of time)

Back