• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #3

So is Kyoka's boulder thing gonna be used to scale Quirks to? Not that I at all want these characters to be even more downplayed underpowered than they already are, but it would make finding matches for them easier with them not being quite so glasscannon-ish

This feat is even lower than her physical stats, so it can't be used.

They look fine, but Shoji should be Class 5 in lifting strength, he wasn't using all his arms when he did that feat.

Should I also note somewhere that Ecto's clones have lower durability than the real thing? Tsuyu and Tokoyami one-shot them yet he himself was able to quite easily fight off Dark Shadow

Therefir said:
This feat is even lower than her physical stats, so it can't be used.
Her unamplified Quirk usage should be downgraded.

Tokoyami was able to take hits from Bakugo's explosions even when it was light out. Dark Shadow should have 8-C durability and Ectoplasm should be 8-C for hurting it.

TriforcePower1 said:
Why should they be calculated?
Because Bakugo's explosions can vary in power pretty heavily. We shouldn't assume every single explosion Bakugo does is always 8-C.

The ones Dark Shadow is being hit by in that chapter look like Wall level, or Small Building level explosions at most.

And I was talking about Bakugo's explosions; not his punches.

Also, him breaking through those air barriers should be removed. The air barriers are featless.

Your logic makes no sense, are you seriously trying to get use to believe that Bakugo was holding back against Tokoyami despite the fact he was getting frustrated with him.

Saying something doesn't like 8-C doesn't matter, how about you take a look at every single versus on this wiki and realized the most important thing.

A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces.

We are aware that this technically violates the principle of conservation of energy, as it should logically disperse upon impact, but fiction generally tends to ignore this fact, so we overlook it as well.

Shadowbokunohero said:
why would his explosions be significantly weaker than his punches?
that makes no sense Because why not? There isn't a rule in the series or in fiction that a characters' attack has to be equal or stronger than their other attacks. I'm of the opinion that his punches are being overrated right now but I'll tackle that issue another time. Suffice to say said:
Attack Potency /= Destructive Capacity
I'm not saying that's always the case.

the problem rises that if some of his explosions were significantly weaker than his fist he would never use them.

it's a logical assumption that his Explosions>Fist

Shadowbokunohero said:
the problem rises that if some of his explosions were significantly weaker than his fist he would never use them.
it's a logical assumption that his Explosions>Fist
Explosions have greater range than just swinging his fists about so that's already one reason to use them. Plus he realized Tokoyami's weakness to light and his explosions generate light so that's yet another reason to use them

Damage, the burden of proof lies to you to prove that Bakugo was holding back against Tokoyami. Bakugo was getting frustrated with him being unable to get through Dark Shadow.

He ended up using Stun Grenade to get through after realizing his light weakness. Not only that but Dark Shadow also blocked at attack from Bakugo that was meant for Izuku during the Calvary battle.

Poinciana1971 said:
Damage, the burden of proof lies to you to prove that Bakugo was holding back against Tokoyami. Bakugo was getting frustrated with him being unable to get through Dark Shadow.
He ended up using Stun Grenade to get through after realizing his light weakness. Not only that but Dark Shadow also blocked at attack from Bakugo that was meant for Izuku during the Calvary battle.
Okay then, remember that super huge explosion he used during that Battle Trial Arc that tore a hole in the side of the building, or the super huge explosion he used during the Uraraka fight that destroyed all the rubble falling on him?

He didn't use that explosion during the Tokoyami fight; therefore he was holding back.

Shadowbokunohero said:
those explosions just might be a higher degree of 8-C?
Some of his explosions are indeed a higher degree of 8-C but I still think that not all of his explosions are 8-C.

To stop bogging down the thread, I'll drop the topic for now and make a blog post or something later detailing through Bakugo's most notable attacks & feats and find good examples for scaling purposes.

Bakugo's normal explosions are 8-C via scaling. He can hurt Tomura Shigaraki who's strong enough to choke Izuku with one hand. He can hurt Izuku who can survive his own 5% punches without breaking his arm.

None of the explosions Bakugo uses against Tomura or Izuku are Building level in size in the slightest. However since his explosions can hurt them so that means their Building level regardless of size.

That's how scaling works, size of his explosions doesn't matter since we've seen his normal blast can hurt people who are 8-C.

Bakugo has shown he's normally 8-C and without proof that he held back against Tokoyami, that means Dark Shadow has Building level dura for surviving his attacks.

This is scaling, Todoroki with casual flames is 8-C (Very Casual). Stain can survive his flames by not being turn into a pile of ash. (Don't bring up Stain again)

Izuku's 5% can hurt Stain who survived Todoroki's flames which means he's 8-C as well. Bakugo can hurt Izuku with his fist and explosions which means he's 8-C too.

Dark Shadow can take Bakugo's explosions which means he's 8-C, size doesn't matter in this senario since they can hurt 8-C people.

Todoroki-Stain-Izuku-Bakugo.

The student would also scale to Yo's dura since they have shown to be more durable than him. Izuku saving him from Todoroki's fire and Yo being hurt by Gang Orca's sidekicks who Izuku can injure with 5%.

You can't keep saying size this and that, it's not about size it's about intention. Just look at any other pieces of fiction like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and RWBY.

Characters are Planet level, Country level, or Large Town level yet most of their attacks aren't even Small Town level in size.

This is just a standard all fiction uses, why? Because it's fiction and not everything has to be logical, yes some things need logic but in this case there's no reason for Bakugo's explosions to be anything less than 8-C without proof of him holding back or something like that.

I already said I've dropped the topic so I won't be responding to any of that right now. (But I still think you're wrong, so I'll get to that when I make the blog post.)

They look like they're written fine (though I can't remember when Mezo glided during the Sports Festival), though Mezo's Dupli-Arms should be bolded.

Also rating Mezo as just Building level for knocking away Himiko is something that doesn't sit right with me (I'm aware that her current rating is Building level), but then again Mezo doesn't have a lot of other combat feats to look at.

Qawsedf234 said:
Chapter 25 . But I think it's only the one panel
That looks to me like Mezo is just jumping from one place to another... Since it's just one panel I think it's a stretch to say he should have gliding on his profile.

We've only seen him use it in a fight once (briefly). Shouldn't we wait a bit more to see what he can do with it before creating a new key?

If you think it should though, then that's fine.

I mean, OFA 20% now has its own AP (1.81 tons), its own lifting strength (Class 25) and its own speed, so putting "higher" doesn't make justice to the power of OFA 20%.

Back