• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #10

Low 7-C Deku was already something I was iffy about

But Low 7-B?

And to remember people was against High 8-C for the likes of Bakugou because if was an outlier (I know, different characters, but I mean is: are we even thinking about scaling anymore?)

If we're going to work like this upgrade Bakugou (just as an example) to Low 7-C for vaporizing Metal cubes in the movies

Also, why Midoriya has two keys with two versions of his 5%?

Look, of course he can improve and grow stronger. But that applies to his 100%. What I mean by this is: why would be have to learn to control higher percentages (8% or 20%) if he could just get a "stronger" 5% till he even surpasses his 100% without any damage?

See? It doesn't make sense. Why would be so hype to archive 20%, or even 8% against Bakugou, if he can just train his 5% to be OP af without drawbacks?

Deku contributed with the Low 7-B feat, is not simply scaling, and he has been stated multiple times to be comparable to All Might.

Bakugou's case is not comparable even as an example, as anyone and their mothers scale from him, making the feat an obvious outlier.

I had planned a low 7-B Izuku revision for a long time now. Guess that wasn't necessary...

Are we really scaling a 1st Year Student to the number one Hero? Really?

Also this puts Muscular at the same level as AfO guys

However Low 7-B isn't contradicted by anything, the manga has many statements from both All Might and Izuku that his 100% equals All Might. With even the recent chapters confirming this.

All Might came up with the percentages, not Izuku. The First Holder of OFA even states that Izuku can control about 20% of OFA, so he can't show him more visions until he can control more.

Endeavor even admits Izuku's full power is comparable to All Might. I won't say anything about the new movie, but it gives further proof that Izuku 100% = All Might

It just doesn't make sense to deny that at this point.

Isn't Deku's 100% kinda inconsistent? Like he one shotted that Zero bot, uppercutted a building, punched an air canon and lost, then destroyed a metal cube. Those first two, and the last one aren't on the same tier.

Edit: So would that mean that his 100% is gradually improving?

No one is scaling a 1st year student to the number one hero.

We are, however, using a feat from someone who already has the potential to eclipse AM in power when at his best. Deku at 100% is consistently claimed to be as strong as All Might. No one disagrees or challenges that inverse, and Endeavor, the new number 1 hero who was literally obsessed with All Might, further confirms it, despite having only seen Deku at the sports festival.

Add a feat where he and AM contribute equal effort, and I don't see how you can claim he isn't as strong as All Might. If the only argument is that "it doesn't seem right", then there is no argument.

Muscular has 0 anti feats, so yes, he's AFO and AM level. Why is he? Doesn't matter, he is. We know nothing about the guy. It's something you just deal with.

@Kingofwolves999

That's a little agressive sounding, saying he just has to deal with it sounds wrong.

Yes, Deku gets progressively stronger as he series goes on. That's the whole point of him working out and training. It's literally the reaso One For All is as strong as it is now.

You train with the power. Grow with it. Cultivate it within you. Every bit of strength you have is added and added onto the power already gifted to you, and the stronger you get, the more is added on.

Young All Might wasn't 6-C when he got OFA, even if he could perfectly control it. He cultivated the power Nana had bestowed him. Went to America to get stronger. As when he case back, after his training, he was punching tornadoes out of existence.

OFA getting stronger with its user, on top of becoming stronger just from being passed on, is its biggest reason for being OP, and the reason Deku can eclipse AM in power.

Oh, was that too aggressive? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say "deal with it", just that it's something that happens in fiction that we kinda have to live with. Muscular just came out of nowhere at Am level, so yeah it's strange and weird, but we as readers can't realky change it. Horikoshi wanted Deku to fight someone that could fight AM, so he did, and we just have to accept it.

Duedate8898 said:
Edit: So would that mean that his 100% is gradually improving?
Yes, I've always gotten that impression. It only makes sense than a stronger body will have stronger results. OFA is a multiplier, not a capped additive.

Technically, yes, he should be. But the problem is that Deku's body isn't ready to handle this burden, unlike AM, he breaks his bones just from getting near 100%, so he can't ever use the full force of OfA that resides within him.

Well... he kinda can, but that's movie spoilers.

Basically, 100% Full Cowl Deku, when he has no reason to hold back and is just letting OFA run it's course through his body at its best, with no care for his safety, reaches the tier he should be at normally.

Deku right now should not be matching wounded AM, he should be slapping him around like a fly, along with AFO and Muscular. But because his body is too weak, he can't.

I doubt Izuku has increased OFA by a huge amount, a jump to 9-A to High 8-C is tiny compared to Low 7-B or higher. Until he controls higher percentages of OFA, he won't be increasing the strength by a significant amount.

Honestly, if Deku had a body fit for OFA right off the bat, he would've one shot everyone in the verse including AFO. Hence why he isn't ready for it. Horikoshi is a fan of manga and media, he knows how stupid overpowered shonen MC's can get. That's why he made this MC already the potentially strongest, but gave him so many handicaps he should be allowed to park in a handicapped space.

Deku is going through this journey with OFA because Horikoshi knows what Deku is going to be like if he masters it, even without the extra quirks added in. That's why we get glimpses of what he could be. Every time we see 100%, we are peering into a portion of what Deku will eventually become, and by doing this, we can stack up characters that can be reasonable threats to him.

The challenge isn't for Deku to beat everyone right now. The challenge is to survive long enough so that he ca beat everyone.

Heck, Horkoshi wants Deku to not be at his full power so much that he actively crippled him and had his whole fighting style change when he won a fight he shouldn't have. He actively nerfs Deku at any chance he gets because he knows that people will cry and moan if he gets too strong too fast.

Is granted one of the srongest quirks? Breaks his bones if he tries to use it how it should be used.

Doesn't care and breaks his bones anyway? Cripples his arms and makes him change his fighting style.

Has tons of new quirks inside OFA? Can't unlock all of them, and the one he can use can't even be used for long.

Full Cowl is literally the only progressing power up Deku is getting outside of his base.

Maybe you should stop, your replies are kinda long and clog up the thread.

That's all I'm going to say in this thread for today.

Muscular scaling wouldn't even be that much of a problem. If the issue is that a villain other than AFO shouldn't be able to threaten All Might at this point, he wouldn't be.

Muscular is much slower than All Might, and even in his fight against Izuku it actually only took 3-4 usages of OFA to do him in. An actual fight between All Might and Muscular would still be an easy win for the former, regardless of if they are in the same tier

We always tend to forget that what makes One For All overpowered is not just strength or durability, but speed, as there are many villains with Hax that could kill All Might.

Also, even if Gigantomachia can punch harder than All Might, the former is not going to be able to even touch him.

I mean, Deku literally goes "That was All Might's power..." in shock after Muscular stands back up from the 100% punch.

I would also like to comment on Low 7-B Izuku being an "outlier" or inconsistent.

It is technically inconsistent in that his feats usually don't result in these levels, but for our purposes a feat has to be be actively contradicted or illogical in the overall context of a verse to be unusable, having many lower tier feats and one high tier feat on it's own doesn't debunk a rating

with that said, most of Izuku's feats aren't really anti-feats, since they don't actually demonstrate a cap on his power

• His first ever feat is one shotting a high 8-C robot, which is no more of an anti-feat than a 5-B killing a 7-A in one single hit
  • His next feat is blowing multiple floors off of a building, but the shockwave from that persisted after tearing through the roof for an unknown distance, meaning that it isn't necessarily limited to just destroying those floors
  • after that is the ball throw which shouldn't mean anything. Then later on the water explosion feat in the USJ arc, which was performed with shockwaves from his fingers and should obviously be weaker than a normal 100%
  • then there's multiple shockwave feats in the sports festival, only one of which utilized his whole hand, which happens in his fight against Todoroki. In the same fight he clashes with Todoroki at the end with 100%. Judgement is up to you whether you want to call them anti-feats
  • After that I believe he only uses 100% against muscular, which consist less of "feats" and more of AOE damage
  • After that is the shockwave he accidentally lets out against Chisaki, wrecking the underground room. Once again decide if you want to call this an anti-feat
Personally I don't see a single feat that explicitly caps Izuku's power at a certain level, and even if there are some, I don't think there are enough to counter just how much the manga establishes the fact that Izuku is comparable to All Might, which is practically the premise of the series, that he has All Might's power but needs to train himself to use it in a reliable fashion

If you couldn't tell by now, I fully agree with Izuku's 100% being Low 7-B

Actually I have a question. Why doesn't Shouto have any keys ? He's just simply one key for some reason even though he gets stronger like with his 8-B flames unless I'm not understanding something.

The Flashfreeze Heatwave is the move he used against Izuku at the end of their Sports Festival fight, right (the one that Midnight and Cement tried to prevent from clashing)? Is that why it's Low 7-B+?

I just noticed this, why does All For One have Regenerationn? Didn't he give his Super Regenerationn to the USJ Nomu, or am I just remembering incorrectly?

Nullflowerblush said:
I just noticed this, why does All For One have Regenerationn? Didn't he give his Super Regenerationn to the USJ Nomu, or am I just remembering incorrectly?
That's a good catch. All for One couldn't actually use it for what he wanted, so he did it in fact give it to the USJ Nomu. He shouldn't have it on his profile.

And besides, if he still did have super Regenerationn, wouldn't he have regenerated the upper half of his face? Or becasue he stole the quirk after the injury, he couldn't use it becasue it might not effect previously existing injuries.

Okay, so for All For One, we remove Regenerationn (High-Mid). Do any of his stolen Quirks have known weaknesses and limitations, and if so, should we list them?

On top of that, does Two Heroes have any noteworthy feats that might possibly bring Young Age All Might back to being a key, or is he just off the table? There's also the fact he trained with Gran Torino, who should be stronger and faster than he is, now.

Resistance to Blunt Force Injury and Damage Absorption also needs to be removed. That is another quirk that isn't applicable since it was given to the same USJ Nomu. As for young All Might, his most notable feat is the California Smash that left a sizeable crater and produced a shockwave. That wouldn't really apply to Gran Torino as he overpowered an untrained All Might.

Back