• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

emnu9a3sf5rd1.png

PEAK MHA. As I said, IIDA GO ZOOM ZOOM.

Everything about this episode was peak. The story and conclusion of Todoroki family plotline, the animation, the sfx and soundtrack, the choreo. 10/10,

Now next week "The time I tired to save a serial killer and a National terrorist because she hella cute."

What an absolutely fantastic episode all around. It surpassed all of my expectations and gave an incredibly finale to the Todoroki plotline. Animation was very much on point, but the music and voice acting were also at the highest quality as well. Even I was feeling tense watching the episode, despite knowing what happens in the end.

Just some slight nit picky issues I can bring up is All Might's I am Here moment. I personally imagined that scene to lack any music, the hopeful music wouldn't really be my choice. But that's the only real thing I can put against the episode itself and it's extremely minor.

This was very well done and I was completely blown away. That might have been the best episode of the entire Season. Maybe even one of the top in the entire series.

Next episode will likely take care of the Toga plotline, and the finale episode? I have no idea where it'll end in all honesty.

What an absolutely fantastic episode all around. It surpassed all of my expectations and gave an incredibly finale to the Todoroki plotline. Animation was very much on point, but the music and voice acting were also at the highest quality as well. Even I was feeling tense watching the episode, despite knowing what happens in the end.

Just some slight nit picky issues I can bring up is All Might's I am Here moment. I personally imagined that scene to lack any music, the hopeful music wouldn't really be my choice. But that's the only real thing I can put against the episode itself and it's extremely minor.

This was very well done and I was completely blown away. That might have been the best episode of the entire Season. Maybe even one of the top in the entire series.

Next episode will likely take care of the Toga plotline, and the finale episode? I have no idea where it'll end in all honesty.
Maybe with AFO arriving in distance to activate the portal and get to Shigaraki while All Might is crippled.

Makes for a good cliffhanger.

Just leaves me wondering...WHAT THE **** IS TRANSONIC IN MHA, the feat itself is what like Mach 2.5~3 travel speed wise and that boy already had a mach cone from his initial take off

Like yeah being compared to a future jet isn't an anti-feat but like Tsukauchi are you sure you know what transonic means😭💀 like damn even AFO had a mach cone when he was flying.

Now that you mention it, I do think the lack of music in the manga (obviously) made a couple scenes much more impactful. I understand the music choices but I do wish some scenes were left to speak for themselves.

This was a peak episode, I feel like this episode is like some sort of new beginning for the Todoroki's especially now that Endevor has fully shown his attempt to atone to his past actions, a throw back to when he said to "watch him" earlier on in the series. Also, why is the episode called "I Am Here" and we didnt even get to see All Might in action, I'm assuming that he's gonna turn into "Armored All Might" (I got spoiled on his profile yes), but I can imagine that not working out against teen AFO.

I mean, the big difference is that One Piece is mostly a "travelcels be seething over reactionchads" manga, and MHA uses both speeds heavily.
Down the brass stacks, they're essentially the same. Iida's supposed transonic speed is a travel speed feat.
Lots of OP characters still cover long distances really quick when it matters.

We just choose methods on how to rationalize these things.

Never would've expected to see someone give Endeavor crap for this moment lol

The sad thing is that the MHA anime/manga crumbles when it comes to the Fandom, they let their headcannons twist the story or appear to seem canon, regarding some headcannons for Endeavor which I have seen. I have never seen a Fandom where it is actually difficult to see positive perspectives and logical reasoning or just general hype surrounding a controversial character, worse that the scene was extremely impactful for the Todoroki's.

But on the bright side, there are some MHA fans that acknowledge Endeavors development overtime which actually makes him top 3 best written characters in Mha (so far) for me.

Majority of MHA fans are so ******** that they wouldn't know reading comprehension if it punched them in the face. Endeavor gets a lot of shit because most of the fandom is teenagers who hate their fathers / don't have one.
Well, Endeavor was factually an awful guy. The whole point of his ending is that he acknowledged that his actions are unforgivable, but he's trying to make things better.

Off topic. I think mha 4th movie is gonna give us one of the most impressive visual feat from the clip I just saw. Deku, todoroki and bakugo fighting animation really goes crazy. I really feel like they are fighting in another dimension or everyone has evacuated the environment or have straight up been killed by the ship. The level of destruction and fire power is insane (makes sense given who they are fighting).

I also think feat of analytic prediction are also their for both todoroki and bakugo given the opponents both of them tag team against.

Well, Endeavor was factually an awful guy. The whole point of his ending is that he acknowledged that his actions are unforgivable, but he's trying to make things better.
It's not that people hate Endeavor, it makes no sense for those same people to then treat serial killers and terrorists like Toga and Shiggy like they are redeemable.

It's not that people hate Endeavor, it makes no sense for those same people to then treat serial killers and terrorists like Toga and Shiggy like they are redeemable.
Toga was redeemable, what are you talking about? That was the whole point of her killing herself to save Ochako, because she'd rather do it her own way than go to prison and lose her freedom.

I gotta be honest… I wouldn’t give Toya any kind of sympathy. Like up until he started killing completely innocent and unrelated people for no reason, I could feel for him. But he starts murdering people who have nothing to do with Endeavor out of a sick sense of revenge. Like I don’t really give a crap at that point if he was abused. Out of every villain, he had countless chances to not be a villain, but instead, he chose to be a monster… It’s a damn shame

Toga was redeemable, what are you talking about? That was the whole point of her killing herself to save Ochako, because she'd rather do it her own way than go to prison and lose her freedom.
No she wasn't. She can't bring all those she killed back to life. So punishment for her vile actions that ruined lives of so many people is called Losing freedom now. WOW.

Also it's not about Toga being Redeemable or not, it's about treating Endeavor as Irredeemable while treating a Serial killer with such leniency.

Back