• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's not that people hate Endeavor, it makes no sense for those same people to then treat serial killers and terrorists like Toga and Shiggy like they are redeemable.
The thing is, those guys needed help, they could've been better if they got help at any point, and they are victims of society, a type of person that gets sympathy. Endeavor's an abusive parent, that's not a type of person that gets sympathy.

No she wasn't. She can't bring all those she killed back to life. So punishment for her vile actions that ruined lives of so many people is called Losing freedom now. WOW.

Also it's not about Toga being Redeemable or not, it's about treating Endeavor as Irredeemable while treating a Serial killer with such leniency.
Prisons aren't meant to be about punishment, they're meant to rehabilitate people. You can't just send off a child suffering from serious psychosis and go "you're worthless, rot in hell forever."

I find it very hard to judge people who have reasonable reasons to hate Endeavor. Many people have been abused by their parents or bullied as a child. That becomes a delicate situation, because their reasons for disliking someone are very valid and personal. So I leave them be, their issues are not something I should entertain.

Of course people can take it too far, such as when someone send harassments or threats. That's not acceptable in the slightest, but that's a different issue.

However, the person in the above post by Maverick is likely just a troll/bait, so I don't care about these guys at all. They're just trying to get attention via rage baiting, or maybe it entertains them by watching people get mad. They're obviously ignoring the actual intent of the scene so they can get people angry.

The only way I can see that as serious is if they don't actually watch MHA and just heard about this from somewhere else, but I don't believe that is the case here. I don't think it's enough to lose any hair over it. The current global popularity poll has Endeavor sitting in the Top Ten, it's clear he's very popular as a character.

As long as they aren't harassing anyone, I don't think it's a big enough deal to be bothered by people who dislike Endeavor more than others.

You find similar people against Bakugo as well, yet he's still the most popular character in the entire series. He's likely to win the Global Popularity contest.

The thing is, those guys needed help, they could've been better if they got help at any point, and they are victims of society, a type of person that gets sympathy. Endeavor's an abusive parent, that's not a type of person that gets sympathy.
"Victims of socitey." BS. The only real victims were the people she stabbed. Obv you don't give a shit because we never met them.

"At any point" is just wrong. Once you take a innocent life it's over. Much less Toga who never even once showed a shred of regret over her actions. You can't undo murder. Much less multiple homicides and freaking terrorism.

Prison are primarily meant to separate dangerous people from socitey. No one would be defending Toga if she was a ugly middle aged guy.

LOV killed so many people they make most real life terrorist orgs look like a Joke.

I find it very hard to judge people who have reasonable reasons to hate Endeavor. Many people have been abused by their parents or bullied as a child. That becomes a delicate situation, because their reasons for disliking someone are very valid and personal. So I leave them be, their issues are not something I should entertain.
So they bring their personal bias against Endeavor, but are much less hostile about Serial killers and Terrorist because that's not something they personally relate too.

Yeah that is called "Hypocrisy and Personal Bias"

"Victims of socitey." BS. The only real victims were the people she stabbed. Obv you don't give a shit because we never met them.
Are you human? How can you not comprehend that being treated like a monster for something you can't control since you were a CHILD in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL would leave a person warped in a way that would cause them to fall back into psychosis? Obviously that doesn't excuse their actions, but no even being capable of sympathy for that person is genuinely worrying.
"At any point" is just wrong. Once you take a innocent life it's over. Much less Toga who never even once showed a shred of regret over her actions. You can't undo murder. Much less multiple homicides
Insanity plea exists for a reason.
Prison are primarily meant to separate dangerous people from socitey.
Watch Shawshank Redemption
No one would be defending Toga if she was a ugly middle aged guy.
People like Twice though.

Back