• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That was Izuku against Tomura, where he threw a 5% punch unconsciously and was confused on why his arm didn't break. This was the answer All Might gave him.

What are you talking about? Like I said, it feels like we missed each other.
Eh well this doesn't even matter. It won't change the rating anyway. It seems I can't put what I think in words to understand.

I just realized.

Deku giving up OFA should realistically come to bite him back and the world but it doesn't because Magical friendship happy ending all crimes went down blah blah. But time and time again we have seen insanely strong people spring out of the woods. Nine, Muscular, Walmart Might, Star and Stripes and pretty much most quirks AFO stole.

Quirks are litreally a genetic game of chance (Which means India and China would be at the top since they have most dices), not only is the quirk doomsday still in effect but people are born with quirks that litreally make them evil.

Flect turn quite litreally was a hair length away from global Genocide.

Deku giving up / not giving OFA can be the difference between a free world and a world under the foot of a quirked up ISIS or something.

I just realized.

Deku giving up OFA should realistically come to bite him back and the world but it doesn't because Magical friendship happy ending all crimes went down blah blah. But time and time again we have seen insanely strong people spring out of the woods. Nine, Muscular, Walmart Might, Star and Stripes and pretty much most quirks AFO stole.

Quirks are litreally a genetic game of chance (Which means India and China would be at the top since they have most dices), not only is the quirk doomsday still in effect but people are born with quirks that litreally make them evil.

Flect turn quite litreally was a hair length away from global Genocide.

Deku giving up / not giving OFA can be the difference between a free world and a world under the foot of a quirked up ISIS or something.
Isn’t that the entire point of the series to NOT rely on a single person to defeat literally every problem ever because that creates a system of overreliance which creates even more quirked up ISIS people? And that heroes everywhere need to step up and grow to prevent that stuff from happening at all starting with this generation?

No one is born evil, that is honestly very ridiculous to say. AFO wasn’t born evil, he was born in a manner that demanded he act that way and then was influenced by it to take things even further than survival. Toga wasn’t born evil, neither was Shigaraki or Dabi or anyone. That completely misses everything the entire manga has been doing.

Flect Turn was a case of someone giving up and society failing them by not having proper quirk counseling for seemingly broken, unstoppable abilities. His Quirk had a limit and his own failure to press forward to find it or use it to better others is his own fault alongside societies for letting him fall so far. Having OFA around to just punch Flect Turn and save the day should’ve been the last resort, as all violence should be.

Isn’t that the entire point of the series to NOT rely on a single person to defeat literally every problem ever because that creates a system of overreliance which creates even more quirked up ISIS people? And that heroes everywhere need to step up and grow to prevent that stuff from happening at all starting with this generation?

No one is born evil, that is honestly very ridiculous to say. AFO wasn’t born evil, he was born in a manner that demanded he act that way and then was influenced by it to take things even further than survival. Toga wasn’t born evil, neither was Shigaraki or Dabi or anyone. That completely misses everything the entire manga has been doing.

Flect Turn was a case of someone giving up and society failing them by not having proper quirk counseling for seemingly broken, unstoppable abilities. His Quirk had a limit and his own failure to press forward to find it or use it to better others is his own fault alongside societies for letting him fall so far. Having OFA around to just punch Flect Turn and save the day should’ve been the last resort, as all violence should be.
The only other option for deku still having OFA is just use it at low levels and not solve every problem but rather help out but but not completely fix it

Random question: Since Eri's Quirk literally rewinds time on organic matter she's touching, could she hypothetically resurrect people from the dead?

Random question: Since Eri's Quirk literally rewinds time on organic matter she's touching, could she hypothetically resurrect people from the dead?
Her power only works on living things. Which is why it was difficult to train at all, since she'd have to Rewind something that was alive.

MHA is usually very specific with how Quirks works on non-living and living things. I imagine once you die the Quirk cannot effect the body anymore.

A bit on topic now that we are taking about Eri, but "cause and effect converging" (IDK the exact raw text) is in fact implying that Rewind rewinds (lol) causality, because logically cause and effect cannot exist at the same time.

(Don't take me so seriously about this, I don't know what implications rewinding causality has and that's why I don't care that much, but I just felt to say it.)

Now, I do care about this. Do we have a timeframe or something similar for Kaminari and the others energizing the flying UA? Because I pretty much remember PE can only be used if it is 'fast'/whatever that means.

Should I have mentioned this in the other thread? I mean I'm just asking but still.

Edit: NVM if not then they couldn't have lifted the UA in the first place.

Edit: Should I delete it? Since it has nothing to do with anything.
Edit: Or maybe not? It's the general discussion thread after all.
Edit: Will stop editing it.

Last edited:

I am saying quirks can influence people to be born evil. Toga is a example of it. What if you have a quirk that makes you want to kill people ? Rape people ? Or eat people ? Muscular is litreally right there, bloodlust is his entire personality. Also both Psychopathy and Sociopathy is genetic and biological, a lot of psychopaths have a great life and still are remorseless killers. People are born evil, morals are manmade, not instinct.

It just takes one individual with a insane mind and a powerful quirk, and billions are rolling the dice. There is a difference between overreliance and having protection against things beyond control.

Litreally every villain is stopped via violence, including Gentle. You aren't going to sit here and tell me that you can talk Jeffrey Dahmer or Pedro Lopez out of their murder boners.

You are just thinking of Japan and civilians. What about kids born in pre existing cults, terrorist organizations. Regimes, Government and other lab experiments.

Said system can only try to stop villains from forming, it does nothing for villains that already exist. Not to mention again this system does not exist world wide, but that won't stop a criminal from coming to Japan.

This is pretty much walking in crime alley with no gun and then dying in the gutter.

Yes... It WAS the difference. Deki giving up OFA literally saved the world.
It didn't change shit. He could have punched Shigaraki's head off and the ending would be still the same. No one knows what went on in the vestige world.

Which was pretty much "Hey I am dying now so I gotta tell, that mass murder and stuff ? I don't regret any of it and I was evil to the end."

I am saying quirks can influence people to be born evil. Toga is a example of it. What if you have a quirk that makes you want to kill people ? Rape people ? Or eat people ? Muscular is litreally right there, bloodlust is his entire personality. Also both Psychopathy and Sociopathy is genetic and biological, a lot of psychopaths have a great life and still are remorseless killers. People are born evil, morals are manmade, not instinct.

It just takes one individual with a insane mind and a powerful quirk, and billions are rolling the dice. There is a difference between overreliance and having protection against things beyond control.

Litreally every villain is stopped via violence, including Gentle. You aren't going to sit here and tell me that you can talk Jeffrey Dahmer or Pedro Lopez out of their murder boners.

You are just thinking of Japan and civilians. What about kids born in pre existing cults, terrorist organizations. Regimes, Government and other lab experiments.

Said system can only try to stop villains from forming, it does nothing for villains that already exist. Not to mention again this system does not exist world wide, but that won't stop a criminal from coming to Japan.

This is pretty much walking in crime alley with no gun and then dying in the gutter.
Your perspective is skewed to the negative and, no insult intended, ignorant, as if you didn’t even read anything.

Toga does not want to kill people. That has never been a product of her quirk. She wants to drink blood and is drawn to it. With proper Quirk counseling, she can safely draw blood from people and be a great benefit to society through her copying. She is not inherently evil. Nothing is inherently evil.

“People are born evil” is a doomer take from an edgy 18 year old who thinks decency, hope and good hearted people don’t exist and everyone is a piece of shit because they themselves are one. Your inability to believe that people can want to do good despite their circumstance or urges because you arbitrarily put them in a vacc where they never interact with society until teenage years and get thrown into the world is ridiculous. Everyone is born into a community that shapes how they develop. Removing that to claim everyone is therefore evil because no assistance or help or knowledge on who they even are as a person can result in bad people, is 0 IQ logic.

“Every villain is stopped through violence” yeah and guess who created the circumstances where villains are put down like that rather than construct a world that prevents them from happening in the first place? All Might, because he became a pillar rather than a support system. Conflict is inevitable for those that slip through the cracks or, despite the best efforts, wish to better themselves above others. But claiming it’s a result of their birth is the equivalent to claiming Toga should have been killed when she was 6 years old because society is better without people with Quirks like hers. Just completely ridiculous.

A system that massively prevents further cases while still dealing with cases from the previous era… is a wonderful system. Are you serious? What could possibly be wrong with a system that is 1000x better at filtering, stopping and improving the lives of literally millions of people to the point that villains are becoming more and more rare? It won’t be perfect, no system is, but cutting down the amount of people who have no aid with their quirks and end up as villains already diminishes problems like Toga from ever arising.

Tell me 3 quirk groups outside of Japan you are worried about right now. I’ll wait. If problems arise, heroes respond, the issues that caused the problem are addressed. You don’t need OFA to punch every problem away and it will not work forever. Or are you saying that when Deku dies in 100 years with OFA, society is doomed and the world will explode because he wasn’t there to punch the problem? Rather than address and stop the problem from arising while also rearing up a generation of heroes who are also going to be massively amplified compared to the ones today?

This isn’t walking into crime alley with no gun. This is removing crime alley entirely and then working to set up stop gaps so no crime alleys exist at all. OFA is a strong gun, but it is not the only weapon you need to defend yourself. Maybe another AFO will rise, and in response, maybe another OFA will rise, or maybe the experience and strength gained by the heroes we know will be enough to overcome it anyway. This take that society is cooked because no OFA is devoid of hope and antagonistic to the verses themes down to the core, diluting everything to “lmao OFA can fix everything.”

It is true that some people are born with issues that cannot be stopped. Those people that cannot be counseled or helped are mankinds saddest moments, and for them nothing can be done but continuing to reach out or stopping them from hurting others.

Conflict is inevitable, and yes, some people are born to an unavoidable conflict.

But you’re shoving your philosophy onto a manga with no actual solution. Deku with OFA isn’t going to punch away every psychopath for the rest of all time for humanity. Hence why setting up systems that can massively dilute them while creating heroes that can face them is the best course of action.

Toga was not born a psychopath. Her becoming a villain is a failure of society for being prejudiced and not having the proper systems to help her understand herself. Imagine a world where Toga was a hero. Imagine a world where AFO was raised properly and taught alongside his brother and actually listened or was monitored enough to not become what he became.

They are products of their society. Toga was born into a world that could not help her because of the lack of Quirk counseling and abundance of prejudice, so she followed her urges and went down that path. AFO was born in a world where his kind was hated with no hope of a bright future, so he made his own future and scorned the world that made him this way, going by his urges to take everything.

Society shaped villains. Some will be unavoidable. But the ones that can be avoided will far outweigh the ones that cannot.

do
I am giving Toga as a example. What if someone is born with a quirk that makes them want to murder instead of drink blood. Oh Wait Moonfish already exists as an example.

There is a difference between Optimistic and stupid. There is nothing Edgy about quoting scientific data.. The fact that you call me a edgy doomer, just goes to show how many assumptions you make in your answer. Neither do you know anything about me, or what you are talking about.

People with power more often that not go towards evil. It's a well know psychological trait. Anby tyrant in history went crazy with power after they realized how much power they had, take Nero for example.

"Although both biological and environmental factors play a role in the development of psychopathy and sociopathy, it is generally agreed that psychopathy is chiefly a genetic or inherited condition, notably related to the underdevelopment of parts of the brain responsible for emotional regulation and impulse control."

_ Encyclopedia Britannica

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...usg=AOvVaw2j-aETerbOaF0uB9UzXh0h&opi=89978449

"Several authors have argued for a genetic or hereditary pathway toward psychopathy (Auty, Farrington, & Coid, 2015; Blair, 2003, 2006; Viding et al., 2005). The notion is that psychopathic individuals inherit a genetic makeup that manifests in altered brain functioning and physiological reactivity, and along with some environmental triggers or influences, shapes their behavior in childhood (Blair, 2003, 2006; Viding et al., 2005). For instance, Viding et al. (2005) reported finding strong evidence of heredity and no evidence of shared environmental influences in their study of 7-year-old twins with antisocial behavior and CU traits. Similarly, Auty et al. (2015) found strong evidence of transmission of psychopathy from fathers to their children, though this was mediated by environmental factors. Given the strength of genetic influence reported in these and similar findings, examining the evidence for specific genetic factors is important.

5.1. MAO-A​

The strongest cumulative evidence base for a genetic pathway toward psychopathy is associated with the low-expression variant of the Monoamine Oxidase-A (MAO-A) gene, which encodes an enzyme that degrades mono-amine neurotransmitters – that is, dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin (Caspi et al., 2002; Cicchetti, Rogosch, & Thibodeau, 2012). The low-expression variant of the MAO-A gene is linked to the X chromosome. Possessing only a single X chromosome, males are more likely to be influenced by a low-expression variant (Hunter, 2010).
In all eight studies investigating MAO-A polymorphisms (Beaver et al., 2013; Caspi et al., 2002; Fowler et al., 2009; Kolla et al., 2015; Longato-Stadler et al., 2002; Sadeh et al., 2013; Williams et al., 2009; Young et al., 2006), statistically significant correlations were identified between the short allele and psychopathic and/or antisocial traits. The use of differing measures of psychopathy and antisocial behavior, along with inadequate delineation of participants’ histories of criminality and delinquency from the psychopathy construct, posed a significant limitation for many studies. Several authors found associations between subjects’ criminality and a lower-expression variant of the MAO-A gene (Beaver et al., 2013; Kolla et al., 2015; Sadeh et al., 2013), or specifically investigated APD diagnosis (Longato-Stadler et al., 2002; Young et al., 2006), which placed significantly more weight on rule-breaking behavior (Hare, 1996). Focusing specifically on core psychopathic traits, only two studies (Kolla et al., 2015; Williams et al., 2009) identified significant differences between carriers of lower- and higher-expression MAO-A variants (i.e., increased psychopathic traits in short allele carriers). Fowler et al. (2009) found lower-expression MAO-A variants to be significantly related to emotional dysfunction scores in youth diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), but the cumulative effect size for the same relation with total psychopathy-related scores was medium-sized (f2 = 0.16).
In 2002, Caspi et al. observed an interaction between childhood adversity and the MAO-A risk allele, demonstrating that for those who carried this allele, adversity was positively related with psychopathy. Building on findings from Caspi et al. (2002), several subsequent MAO-A studies (Sadeh et al., 2013; Williams et al., 2009; Young et al., 2006) included measures of childhood adversity or maltreatment. However, whereas some studies found associations between maltreatment, adversity, and rule-breaking behavior (Sadeh et al., 2013; Young et al., 2006) or between the risk allele and antisocial behavior in participants who experienced severe family adversity (Fowler et al., 2009), others did not (Williams et al., 2009). Notably, these studies varied not only in their measures of psychopathic traits but also in their measurement of adversity and maltreatment. For instance, Williams et al.’s (2009) analysis used only a dichotomous adversity score, comparing participants who experienced more than three adverse events to those who experienced three or fewer. Nonetheless, the interaction between MAO-A and maltreatment observed by Caspi et al. (2002) was not replicated in these subsequent studies.

5.2. 5-HTT​

Based on observations of reduced serotonin in aggressive and impulsive individuals (Ferguson & Beaver, 2009; Goodman & New, 2000; Lesch & Merschdorf, 2000), multiple studies have sought to associate 5-HTT with psychopathy. Findings in the seven studies that examined this relationship (Fowler et al., 2009; Garcia et al., 2010; Hallikainen et al., 1999; Sadeh et al., 2010, experiments 1 and 2; Sadeh et al., 2013; Van de Giessen et al., 2014) were inconsistent. Sadeh et al. (2013), for instance, found that PCL:SV Factor 2 scores were significantly related to carrying the long allele of 5-HTT and to Childhood Trauma Questionnaire scores, though no interaction was identified. Similarly, in Sadeh et al. (2010, study II), CU traits increased in long/long allele carriers, but only as socioeconomic resources decreased. In contrast, aggression, impulsivity, and antisocial behavior was found to be related to carrying the short allele of 5-HTT (Garcia et al., 2010; Sadeh et al., 2010, study I). No relation between aggression and 5-HTT availability was identified in Van de Giessen et al. (2014), but the authors observed a positive relation with callousness traits.

5.3. Dopamine receptor genes​

Because of their role in the pleasure/reward system in humans, dopaminergic system genes have been a source of considerable research relating to violence, aggression, and antisocial behavior (Ferguson & Beaver, 2009; Ferguson, 2010). Nonetheless, only three of the studies investigated dopaminergic gene systems (Hoenicka et al., 2007; Ponce et al., 2008; Wu & Barnes, 2013). An additional study (Fowler et al., 2009) investigated the COMT gene, which regulates the production of the dopamine degrading enzyme, and is therefore discussed here as well.
All four studies reported relatively small impact of dopaminergic system genes. For instance, Fowler et al. (2009) reported the high-activity COMT genotype was statistically associated with significantly higher emotional dysfunction scores, with a small effect size (f2 = 0.08), and without significant impact on total psychopathy scores. Wu and Barnes (2013) found that only DRD4 (and not DAT1 or DRD2) was significantly related to psychopathic personality traits. Yet carrying two DRD4 risk alleles (as compared to zero) increased participants’ mean psychopathy scores by only two points (from 55.97 to 57.99, on a scale of 23–115). Hoenicka et al. (2007) and Ponce et al. (2008) found DRD2 gene polymorphisms to be associated with higher scores on the International Personality Disorder Examination (IPDE). Hoenicka et al. (2007) reported these genetic markers (when combined) may be responsible for 11.4% of the variance in psychopathy scores."

- National Institutes of Health (NIH) (.gov)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...usg=AOvVaw1-nVew6M8JBTTzVHDC_76a&opi=89978449
And at the end of it, this is a security question, not a philosophical one. It should be approached by logic. The question is, was it worth it to sacrifice OFA and not achieve jackshit. Leaving the world with far less protection.

If a small country like Japan can have this strong villains, any high population country would have insane rate of strong quirks because of sheer numbers.

Yes Deku can't protect the world forever. But neither can any society level changes. Societies collapse and people change. Deku could have kept the world world safe for over 80 years. That's longer that how long has it been since WW2.

Peace will break. OFA would have just given world more time.

OFA doesn't fix every problem. It sure as hell protects the people from most of em. Hard to change society when everyone is ******* dead.

IMG-8515.jpg

High 1-B midoriya? 😱

I would say Ben is much better at keeping interstellar peace. He built a reputation, the name Ben Tennyson is enough to stop most crooks from even blinking the wrong way.

That speech of his to the Forever knights about his legendary accomplishments, how insignificant the knights incomparsion are and promise to hunt every last one down if they don't stop the alien genocide is just peak.

No talk no jutsu, just straight up a power move.

Ben 10 fans gonna hate this

I think he'd do good, but not necessarily as good as Ben.
Azmuth would be proud of izuku
One of the things Azmuth gets annoyed with Ben about iirc is that he's reckless and throws himself into danger without thinking despite being given the best power in the world, leaving it in danger of being taken. Sound like anyone?

I think he'd do good, but not necessarily as good as Ben.

One of the things Azmuth gets annoyed with Ben about iirc is that he's reckless and throws himself into danger without thinking despite being given the best power in the world, leaving it in danger of being taken. Sound like anyone?
Ben is still a lot less Reckless that Deku and wayyy more unwilling to just give up the omnitrix. The only time he gives it up is when Vilgax has hostages.

I would say he is more pissed of by Ben's arrogance than his recklessness.

Back