• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

100% One For All + an additional 20% increase in physical ability.
An extra 20% of Izuku's muscle strength doesn't mean a 20% increase of OFA's power.

In reality this would be a insignificant boost due to how weak Base Izuku is compared to 100%. Regardless, this is not a 20% boost to OFA.

sucks that koichi and number 6 got left behind in the dust in terms of stats by the time of the final war arc
There is no way that the first Smash, the one against muscular and the final smash are all same in power.
The first Smash is Full Cowling 5%, the second Smash is explicitly One For All 100%, the penultimate Smash is explicitly 100%, and the Delaware Detroit Smash is the previous Smash being amplified by Izuku's Empowerment and hysterical strength.
Only how much his body can handle.
He couldn't handle it.

Didn't get vaporized, only K.o'ed. Also took multiple 100% hits before that on his chest and other muscle. The last one hit him on the face where their is no protection.

Muscular is definitely gonna scale up there durability-wise, it's just his strength and speed that are not impressive at all (compared to his durability).

No? What are you on about?

Not fully certain where everyone would scale, but that high up is certainly only for Prime All Might level characters. Muscular has no scaling to that level.
That's exactly what I am pointing out. It makes no sense that Deku was using the same 100% against Muscular as the one he used in final smash.

That's exactly what I am pointing out. It makes no sense that Deku was using the same 100% against Muscular as the one he used in final smash.
So what are you talking about? No one said otherwise.

Wiki do not accept scaling based on getting yourself out of combat (may be wrong).
This is true, being one shotted isn't scalable period.

Mirko was one shotted by Complete Shigaraki, who is 6-B, but is still High 6-C. She also made him bleed but we're ignoring that as an outlier.

Mirko was one shotted by Complete Shigaraki, who is 6-B, but is still High 6-C. She also made him bleed but we're ignoring that as an outlier.
Therefir asked me how would he use higher than 100%, I just trying to point out that he wasn't using actual 100% and his body using that extra 20% unlocked higher percentages.

I don't think any of Mirko's performance against Shigaraki is an outlier. She clearly scales to that level even if she is slightly weaker. We can see what she can do against High-ends despite their high defense so it isn't surprising that she was able to harm Shigaraki especially at a point where Shigaraki had been "worn down".

Also it's not like she has any AP antifeats to label this an outlier when her only fights in the main manga is against High-ends and Shigaraki.

Her durability is obviously way lower than her attack power but that's not really anything new for the series or animanga in general.

Therefir asked me how would he use higher than 100%, I just trying to point out that he wasn't using actual 100% and his body using that extra 20% unlocked higher percentages.
No he was using 100%, that was the full power of OFA at the time. Have you heard about a concept called training and getting stronger? OFA was stated to be growing rapidly, which how he went from Weakened to above Prime All Might level.

And honestly even saying "Mirko was oneshotted" when she appeared conscious and standing a few chapters later (in-universe this was less than 5 minutes later) sounds disingenuous. Like realistically, if someone punches you head on and you get KOed, it's not some huge anti-feat especially when you are up and walking in a few minutes.

In fact, Mirko took more damage in the Shiggy fight by tearing her arm off than anything else. The previous finger attack that hit her dead on did minimal damage in the manga. So I wouldn't put her durability that low apart from maybe piercing/cutting. All the people who have been shown to harm her/make her bleed have all been High-end tier and above.

No he was using 100%, that was the full power of OFA at the time. Have you heard about a concept called training and getting stronger? OFA was stated to be growing rapidly, which how he went from Weakened to above Prime All Might level.
Pretty sure Deku's OFA was stronger than the one All Might had from the start. That's how the power works, the next user is always stronger. Deku trained to use more of the pre existing power. As he trained his body, more power flowed through. So it makes sense that Hysterical strength would allow him to use higher percentage.

Also I always say the "core of OFA growing rapidly" as something that refers to extra quirks not OFA itself. Infact I am pretty sure Deku says it's a little stronger than what the 8th could deliver, so it didn't grow much in 2 years.

No it's not, it's equal to All Might not stronger. Who was heavily Weakened.

OFA didn't just magically become stronger when Izuku got it. He'd have to train and make it stronger.

We literally see that 100% Izuku is equal to Weakened All Might.

Your head canon here is irrelevant.

OFA didn't just magically become stronger when Izuku got it.

Not headcanon. it is litreally in the story.

" The first person cultivates the power, and then passes it on to another. The next refines it and passes it on again. In this way, those crying out to be saved and those with brave and true hearts link to form a crystalline network of power! "

Each user makes it stronger, that's how ofa works.

If Injury made OFA itself weaker then it wouldn't cultivate most of the time anyway as in most cases the users got OFA from, near death wielders.

Each user makes it stronger, that's how ofa works.

If Injury made OFA itself weaker then it wouldn't cultivate most of the time anyway as in most cases the users got OFA from, near death wielders.
Yes... they MAKE IT stronger. Are you paying attention? It doesn't magically become stronger, Izuku needs to make it stronger. And that's not what I was calling head canon.

I'm talking about you saying OFA was not growing stronger. The first said OFA itself was getting stronger, and that is it. Your head canon beyond means nothing.

The injury All Might had did make OFA weaker, because the show said he was getting weaker. At NO POINT was it ever stated that All Might couldn't use 100% of OFA or anything like that. Everything about him is getting weaker due to his injury and that is the canon. Speculation is not acceptable here.

OFA didn't just magically become stronger when Izuku got it. He'd have to train and make it stronger.

No. He is not equal to weakened All Might. He is using a overall less percentage.

He was using "100%" in entrance exam and in Final smash. It just means that's the 100% his body allows for the moment. You people litreally put that their with 5% being used for those attacks.

When he uses Faux 100% he is prime All Might level. Before that it's never his 100%.

Yes... they MAKE IT stronger. Are you paying attention? It doesn't magically become stronger, Izuku needs to make it stronger. And that's not what I was calling head canon.

I'm talking about you saying OFA was not growing stronger. The first said OFA itself was getting stronger, and that is it. Your head canon beyond means nothing.
Deku himself says "Its a little stronger that the 8th." So yeah in verse statement of it not being that much stronger.
The injury All Might had did make OFA weaker, because the show said he was getting weaker. At NO POINT was it ever stated that All Might couldn't use 100% of OFA or anything like that. Everything about him is getting weaker due to his injury and that is the canon. Speculation is not acceptable here.
Just like Deku's body limited his power to 5% even when he was giving 100% in Entrance Exam, All Might's body does the same.

We are running in circles. What I am saying is that his Body auto adjusts the power to what it can handle at the moment rather than his actual 100%. That why a Arm breaking 100% punch can barely break a Robot because it's actually just 5% but then go on to destroy storms which would be much higher percent.

We are running in circles. What I am saying is that his Body auto adjusts the power to what it can handle at the moment rather than his actual 100%. That why a Arm breaking 100% punch can barely break a Robot because it's actually just 5% but then go on to destroy storms which would be much higher percent.
This is pure head canon at its finest. You can believe it, but nothing in universe says such a thing.

If you aren't trying to change our profiles ratings I don't care about this discussion. You can believe whatever you want.

This is pure head canon at its finest. You can believe it, but nothing in universe says such a thing.

If you aren't trying to change our profiles ratings I don't care about this discussion. You can believe whatever you want.
"Sounds like you managed to pump in the breaks without even knowing it"

All Might referring to Deku's subconscious control over OFA - Chapter 22 Page 17.

Yeah sure, believe whatever you want, I will actually pay attention while reading.

Back