• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That would be hilarious if it were true, but it’s pretty clear that we’re actually reading a book written by Deku. The narration basically confirms that MHA is Deku’s autobiography.

As for how Spinner got his book published… uhh… freedom of speech?
I highly doubt Al-Qaeda the book by Saif al-Adel glorifying their "Hero" would be allowed sold at your local walmart but sure why not, freedom of speech.

JJK glazers - OH BUT THEY HAVE RCT-

What happens when 45% Deku flicks Sukuna
tZbqPD.gif

Never follow or look up an anime you're watching if you know there is a manga that's far ahead. Interacting with people on social media is just setting you up for risk.

Also, imagine how many people would've lost their mind if Horikoshi kept the original ending of Izuku passing OFA to Bakugo.

IDK if Horikoshi was planning that, but imagine Bakugo having OFA and Izuku using that suit. It'd be over one thousand times worse.

We should all thanks Heroes Rising everyday for existing.

Nah but genuinely I've never seen series being made fun of like this. Probably gonna ruin a lot of people's reputation of the series because they will actually think the MC got cûcked in the end

Been a while since I’ve been here but well the ending brought me to this thread once more.

Honestly I feel mixed on the ending. I would’ve liked if Izuku and Ochaco actually got together and were a thing plus I wish Deku had a power and got to be number 1 he freaking deserves it more than anyone really.

I do really like seeing the kids as adults. I love that Deku is a teacher and a living legend. Even if he’s been out of the spotlight for 8 years, people still look up to him as they logically should. The designs of the post timeskip characters are all good with Mina, Shouji and Iida looking especially great.

While I do wish Deku kept his quirk and was number one, I also really like everyone coming together and building him a suit. Reminds me of Bleach. I also like that the consequence of Deku sacrificing his power stuck around but his actions still came with a reward from his friends.

Chapter thoughts aside, I do wanna talk about MHA as a whole. We all know this story isn’t perfect and I have my own criticisms of it myself, the positives for this story far outweigh the negatives to me. What makes MHA so great and personal is what it’s done for me as a person. MHA and primarily Deku really inspired me to improve myself and get my ass in gear. Funnily enough I got into MHA back in 2016 when I was 14. My situation was similar to Deku in several ways so I really resonated with him as a character. Having followed this story for so long and seeing the ending has me feeling a bit complicated. Good but complicated.

Overall this story is a solid 8/10. This is the second best Shonen I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing and is honestly my favourite overall. I’ve been gone for a long time but for the time I was here, I was glad to experience MHA with all you guys.

Nah but genuinely I've never seen series being made fun of like this. Probably gonna ruin a lot of people's reputation of the series because they will actually think the MC got cûcked in the end
Like I get teasing before the final chapter but literally everything people have been mocking have just genuinely been proven wrong. At this point it's either ignorant or malicious

Like I get teasing before the final chapter but literally everything people have been mocking have just genuinely been proven wrong. At this point it's either ignorant or malicious
Yeah a friend of mine was actually really upset because he thought Deku was poor and didn’t even have a statue. Hopefully the anime onlies actually drone these people out or perhaps MHA will have a Bleach type situation where some YouTuber takes a look at the series and changes the perspective on things for the better.

The only information about this stuff is what I get from you guys, I have basically have no social media presence outside of here and a small part of reddit.

So none of this stuff can bother me and it helps me avoid spoilers. I also highly doubt these are the majority of fans.

Although it's ashamed for anyone to not only be spoiled, but falsely spoiled.

The only information about this stuff is what I get from you guys, I have basically have no social media presence outside of here and a small part of reddit.

So none of this stuff can bother me and it helps me avoid spoilers. I also highly doubt these are the majority of fans.

Basically, memes have been going viral on twitter and Instagram painting the ending to MHA as depressing and Deku just ends up as a loser with no real life and everyone abandons him. They actually either think this.

It more than likely is just a loud minority. The amount of people on twitter reading the manga is way lesser than the people watching the anime plus you have people like you and me who aren’t really on twitter

AOT spoilers below

890.jpg

this is the page for the c.u.c.k AOT section of know your meme

i think AOT had it worse imo
I feel like the AOT ending was pretty good because they really conveyed how Eren crushing everyone with absolute power was the wrong choice, and it just perpetuated the cycle, because Eren failed. Series overall was alright.

Back