• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I mean I wouldn’t care so much about Deku x Uraraka if the plot didn’t verbatim have her say “I fell in love with Izuku Midoriya” and have a moment in the fight with Toga where Toga mentions how they both love Izuku where Tsuyu literally interrupts her because it’s not her place to say that

I don’t need a full on marriage or anything, but a clear indication they’re at least dating or something would have been nice

I don’t think that’s asking too much of an author at all

Already gave my detailed thoughts there.

I loved it very much, while I'm sad Izuku remained Quirkless till the end, it's good to see he won't be powerless and can still work as a hero. I never even considered that the Armored All Might idea could be improved and given to Izuku later on. Seeing that gradual change in society getting more and more solidified was also pretty neat as well.

Kind of surprised we got no closure on Kurogiri's faith.

Also, I didn't mentioned it but Mina's adult design looks sick as hell. I think it's my favorite out of the entire bunch.

And I love the fact that All Might will forever call our boy Young Midoriya/Midoriya-Shonen.

Already gave my detailed thoughts there.

I loved it very much, while I'm sad Izuku remained Quirkless till the end, it's good to see he won't be powerless and can still work as a hero. I never even considered that the Armored All Might idea could be improved and given to Izuku later on. Seeing that gradual change in society getting more and more solidified was also pretty neat as well.

Kind of surprised we got no closure on Kurogiri's faith.

Also, I didn't mentioned it but Mina's adult design looks sick as hell. I think it's my favorite out of the entire bunch.

And I love the fact that All Might will forever call our boy Young Midoriya/Midoriya-Shonen.
Mina's adult design looks really sick yeah, though Jirou's might be my favorite tbh

Pretty sure you were replying to someone before me.
nope, i was agreeing with Knights post and shared my positive thoughts on a chapter, your the one that quoted me and started being confrontational
When the ** did I say that the plot should be exclusuly focusing around romance. I guess I was unaware of the rule that you have to be single to achieve your dreams. Oh wait, you ***** don't.
its easy to attack a person made of straw huh
Ochako's feelings towards Deku are a major part of her personality and character.
i never said it wasnt one of Ochako's character traits, in fact i have a direct quote saying it is.
It's the equivalent of saying that Vegeta's rivarly with Goku isn't important.
Vegeta's rivalry with Goku actively propels the plot to the point that entire major plotlines wouldnt happen, this is a false equivalence
Toga and Ochako have heavy elements of romance mixed in with " I want to save everyone." Hell that Romance is what separates there rivalry from the rest because every hero student wants to "save everyone" in UA, that's not special or exclusive to Ochako.
thats equally reductive but like you mentioned earlier you dont want to waste time , so i wont bother expanding on this.
Learn the difference between Pivotal and "Entire"
I know the difference i just actively dont agree with either.
You are entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong and I don't a flying **** about it.
you care enough to quote me and then have several long walls of text
All I have seen you do is twist the words of anyone critizing you into "Enitre" and "Complete' trying to make it look like we want to reduce her to just the Romantic interest.
I dont care if you criticize me or dont agree with me, you more than welcome to do so, but dont expect me to suddenly agree with you just because you want me to.
You know, there are more panels of Ochako blushing over Deku that you posted of her "Saving" motivation. But I truly don't give a **** because you are going to drag it to eternity and I don't have time to waste on this.
the only person here wasting time is you, you can just disagree with me and move on.

Last edited:
To add my small contribution to the romance discussion...
The problem isn't that they aren't dating, it's that they don't mention it at all, even if it turns out that each of them went on with their separate lives, it should at least make it clear to us, or at least hint at it
For example:
In Assassination Classroom there is no dating between Kaede and Nagisa (despite the former having an interest in the latter), but at the end she gives us the decency to tell us that it didn't come to anything and why
Whether we like it or not, My Hero Academia has romance, not only Izuku with Ochako, but apart from that, it brings together secondary characters in a more "subtle" way, making it clear to us that that is the "official" ship
One would expect that they would at least resolve the main (regardless of the outcome of this)

After the last chapter and the movie, what's left of MHA?

Watching Mirio become the #1 Hero apparently is so weird to me. Yeah I know it was stated he had that potential, but the fight against Shigaraki proved he wasn’t up to par. Nejire and Suneater both performed WAY better against Shigaraki and were somewhat useful in that battle. Mirio couldn’t do jack shit… I guess it’s because all the villains are weak now and it’s based on popularity, but like Bakugo, Shoto, Tokoyami, and countless more could fold Mirio like a pretzel, so it’s just funny to me

Watching Mirio become the #1 Hero apparently is so weird to me. Yeah I know it was stated he had that potential, but the fight against Shigaraki proved he wasn’t up to par. Nejire and Suneater both performed WAY better against Shigaraki and were somewhat useful in that battle. Mirio couldn’t do jack shit… I guess it’s because all the villains are weak now and it’s based on popularity, but like Bakugo, Shoto, Tokoyami, and countless more could fold Mirio like a pretzel, so it’s just funny to me
I mean... have you seen how caked up he is bro

He went on a training arc with Wash.

I honestly have no idea why people portray this narrative that Deku is a bum

My dude mastered One For All, surpassed All Might, defeated countless villains, saved the world multiple times, defeated the greatest and deadliest villain of all time publicly, changed society itself to move forward in a better way, and became the greatest hero of all time all in his FRESHMAN year, then walked away and retired with zero regrets

I mean goddamn dude, the boy accomplished his entire dream and surpassed every other hero in existence in ONE YEAR. This was also considering the fact that he never had a Quirk prior to this and never trained prior to this. Every other person had every advantage and Deku accomplished it all in a single freshman year…

Like Deku ain’t a bum, he’s a goddamn divine prodigy who flexed on everyone who said he couldn’t do it and then walked away with a smile

Back