• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I realized that Shigaraki during the USJ is already FTE as he was able to blitz Deku, Mineta and Tsuyu from at least 20 feet away

Feel free to correct my paper napkin math

Shigaraki being able to FTE from 20 feet away, 20 feet in 0.0072 would be around 2760 feet / 33120 inches per second

Snipe bullets had to cover 300 feet before Shigaraki hand covered an inch

300 x 33120 inches = mach 752

On the other hand I asked ChatGPT and it calced 80 feet per second

If we go with 80 feet per second which comes out to mach 21
No way we got AI doing powerscaling now.

MY GOAT IS GOING TO HOLD A FREAKING BUILDING

the-goat-is-going-to-tape-a-freaking-building-v0-tswo42jbyvfd1.png
rogan.jpg

Can't wait for the last chapter to show a portal opening up to reveal the marvel universe and spider Gwen picks up Deku. The final page will reveal Disney actually bought the rights to MHA. 🛌🏽
A crippled USJ Deku watching as Shigaraki is about to kill All Might, then seeing a kid with a big key and his pet dog and duck dressed in weird Last Fiction cosplay come in with their N64 spaceship

I would have preferred shigi vs pain, doffy or blackbeard but mahito still works as it is also an interesting concept to indulge more in Shigaraki's soul resistance. Reddit have been having a field day about Shigaraki soul resistance.

As long as dB don't pull another toph vs gaara kind of shit then we should be safe since they had todoroki in zuko fight to be mhs+ or something higher.

Note: Spoilers will be coming soon so I'm going dark after this post. Check back when the official scans are released.

If we get no clarification in the final chapter or Volume Extras, I'm just going to headcanon Gigantomachia is dead.

AFO's attack sliced straight through him, and we last saw him laying on the ground and bleeding out.

I doubt Central Hospital could treat his injuries due to his size, he wouldn't even fit inside the building.

Same with Kurogiri, he was turning to dust or something, though I doubt we won't get confirmation of his status.

But for Mount Lady, I'm sure we'll get confirmation of her status, but if we don't I'm going to headcanon that she survived. If Edgeshot can live than so can she.

Everyone talking about the end of the series... And I with a small downgrade in my backpack (worst time to do it)

I don't remember when I started, Mid pandemic maybe. All Might will forever be the definitive "Superhero" for me. He is like Superman, but if only Morrison wrote him. And Injustice never happened.

Well, it might be bittersweet, but I definitely prefer MHAs ending to naruto
I can't really agree. That final fight between Sasuke and Naruto was so good, and regardless of people's thoughts on Kaguya(I liked her, but that's partially because Zetsu is my favorite villain in Naruto), the fights with her and Madara really showed Team 7 working together as a unit again.

I don't think the two can be compared, though, they both feel completely different, and accomplish different, if very similar, goals.

Naruto's ending would have been perfect if the Kaguya part was taken out (maybe cover it in a later movie). If the series had ended with Naruto and Sasuke vs Madara then proceeded to Naruto vs Sasuke, it would have been amazing.

The Kaguya plotline could have been saved for a solo like Naruto the Last or Boruto the movie. Heck, I would have scrapped Boruto altogether.

I'd say Naruto had a pretty happy ending (before Boruto messed everything up) compared to MHA's bittersweet ending.

Naruto's ending would have been perfect if the Kaguya part was taken out (maybe cover it in a later movie). If the series had ended with Naruto and Sasuke vs Madara then proceeded to Naruto vs Sasuke, it would have been amazing.

The Kaguya plotline could have been saved for a solo like Naruto the Last or Boruto the movie. Heck, I would have scrapped Boruto altogether.
I think Naruto should've been like a thousand chapters, and Hagoromo/Hamura should've had these little bits about them hidden throughout the series, and some bits about a "great enemy" that they fought. Also there should've been like a couple chapters of Asura and Indra's story somewhere to actually establish them as characters so the reincarnation meant something.

I personally would not have felt satisfied if Madara was the final villain. I mean, I talk about him a lot(because he's cool as hell) but Black Zetsu betraying him just had to happen, even if Kaguya didn't show up. Plus, Madara is a victim trying to attain the power of a previously unexplained god. They needed to fight hand-to-hand with the cycle.
I'd say Naruto had a pretty happy ending (before Boruto messed everything up) compared to MHA's bittersweet ending.
Boruto really didn't mess anything up, people just don't like things because they're new and/or different. Also because the anime has a lot of filler in it and I'll admit that part sucks ass. Is it as good as Naruto was? No. But I still love the manga.

I think Naruto should've been like a thousand chapters, and Hagoromo/Hamura should've had these little bits about them hidden throughout the series, and some bits about a "great enemy" that they fought. Also there should've been like a couple chapters of Asura and Indra's story somewhere to actually establish them as characters so the reincarnation meant something.

I personally would not have felt satisfied if Madara was the final villain. I mean, I talk about him a lot(because he's cool as hell) but Black Zetsu betraying him just had to happen, even if Kaguya didn't show up. Plus, Madara is a victim trying to attain the power of a previously unexplained god. They needed to fight hand-to-hand with the cycle.

Boruto really didn't mess anything up, people just don't like things because they're new and/or different. Also because the anime has a lot of filler in it and I'll admit that part sucks ass. Is it as good as Naruto was? No. But I still love the manga.
Boruto definitely messed things up. Sasuke ended up a pure deadbeat. Naruto became one of those absent fathers that is only about work. Some stuff like Naruto's promise to Pain about the Rain village were completely ignored. And don't even get me started on how Naruto is treated in Boruto.

Boruto definitely messed things up. Sasuke ended up a pure deadbeat.
Yeah, I don't know why people thought he wouldn't be. Tbh, this started in The Last, where they confirmed he was never home.
Naruto became one of those absent fathers that is only about work.
That's not at all what happened, he just can't handle all that work, so it eats up his time. What Hokage since Tobirama has been shown consistently doing stuff outside their office? And before you hit use with the classic "oh, shadow clones," take, he would literally feel all the mental exhaustion they did.

We ain't gonna agree on any of this though, so agree to disagree..

Conclusion: you got a couple good points there, but not tying up plot threads is kind of a classic Naruto bit, there's a lot going on.

Last edited:
It's over. My heart feels empty.

Bruh why give him that suit 8 fu**ing Years later when he is most likely out of shape and practice. Shoji getting awards and stuff for brining change as well quirk counselling organization from Ochako was neat stuff.

Still don't understand, why the heck was Ochako's feelings for Deku given so much time, just for Hori to never address it. 8 Years later Deku is about 24. Now unless he doesn't count Ochako as a classmate because they are together or something, Although not even a throwaway line ?

I guess gotta wait till Official release for all the news and stuff we were going to get.

Not a single mention of ships or romantic relationships in this chapter. I honestly never expected the series to end without even a hint of anything. In a way, Hori has never been big on romance but ships like Deku and Ochako and Kaminari and Jirou had some setup.

Anyway, from now on my weeks are gonna be very empty without MHA, especially Thursdays and Sundays.

Last edited:
If people are going to comment about the upcoming chapter in this thread before the official release, please use spoiler tags.

Man… I loved it. Not a perfect series, but my favorite manga so far regardless with some of the best displays of heroics I’ve seen.

Kota going to UA, Eri in a music club with her horn back, Shoji making strides for heteromorph Quirk users

Deku having to be Quirkless for a few years, becoming a teacher, had me a bit worried and sad, but him getting a new super suit to rejoin being a hero while still in his 20’s is a good stand in. The last shot of him seeing Tenko is a nice touch as they all leap forward to keep reaching out.

All Might smashing the “End” and instead the final words being “This is the story of how we will continue to reach out”… yeah that sounds like sequels/spin offs for pro hero life to me.

I love this manga from the bottom of my heart. This story is over but I’m hopeful for anything else that comes from Horikoshi. He has truly made a wonderful experience that I’m sure will be looked back at fondly, and I’m glad to have been here for it.

The chapter was good… But why did we waste time on Deku and Uraraka at all? Like you set up so much about them only for it to go absolutely nowhere. Because they don’t end up together confirmed, it means every single scene of set-up was entirely meaningless… I swear Shonen Authors either have to commit to actually writing a romance or just stop pretending to, because I’m ******* tired of these romance teases that end with little to nothing. I mean ****, we live in a world where Tokyo Ghoul wrote a better ******* romance then any Shonen

The chapter was good… But why did we waste time on Deku and Uraraka at all? Like you set up so much about them only for it to go absolutely nowhere. Because they don’t end up together confirmed, it means every single scene of set-up was entirely meaningless… I swear Shonen Authors either have to commit to actually writing a romance or just stop pretending to, because I’m ******* tired of these romance teases that end with little to nothing. I mean , we live in a world where Tokyo Ghoul wrote a better *** romance then any Shonen
Not gonna lie, that low-key pissed me off that it went absolutely nowhere after god knows how long of build up. Also was that whole "This is the story of how I became the world's greatest hero" bit kind of soft retcon'd?

So about the romance.
I wasn't expecting some Kaguya sama level writing here but not even mention 10 ******* years of build up is just BS. Why do Shonen writers even bother with it if they don't want to address or change it till the end.

The best Romance I have seen in Shonen is Ichigo and Orihime. They barely have any interactions or chances for it but you can still see their feelings and progress in their relation. While it still follows the annoying trope of Timeskip -> They already have kids, it's still much better than MHA or any other shonen.

6 months living in the same house yet no sign of progress. It just has one scene of Uraraka thinking about Deku and being jealous of other girls per season and repeat. Would it kill a author to have a healthy romance in a battle shonen. It's either non existent or some fuc*ed up s*it like CSM or AOT.

I am calling it Black Clover will do the same. Good thing Itadori pretty much has no one. But Gege being the bastard he is would probably make it Super wholesome and healthy to just have Kenjaku turn her into a monster and have Itadori kill her.

But a on good side the next episode's preview was released and it is looking good. Hopefully the 1 week extra break gave them time to polish and refine episodes. The last one was phenomenal.

Still upset monama got a Freaking statue in an arc where almost every character was an mvp. Deku should have one and so should bakugo and shoto if they wanted to give statues. In fact the whole class should get a group statue since Al of them contributed to something.

Back