• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

whenever i see stuff like "did his friend abandon him" it just tells me how young the fanbase. if your an adult with responsibilities its rare that you and your old friends from high school (assuming your still friends) will share the same day off to just hang out whenever you want.

as recently as last week i wasnt able to go to a best friends party because his birthday fell on a day where i was working till late, so i entirely feel Deku.
this doesn't really work since pre-timeskip the whole point of heroes having lots of time to spare was literally the last thing we were told and with an 8 year gap afterwards you'd think they'd show some pf that but instead we're told they actually don't have time to spare and that for 8 years Deku rarely has seen them and basically ****** for 8 years with no meaningful communication or appropriate appreciation for literally saving the world. He walks down the streets and its not deku figures or statues, its his classmates and Deku for all things considered is basically forgotten and left unappreciate until he gets the suit. Even then Horikoshi didn't even properly imply or set that up beforehand, personally I'd preferred we got to see Deku keep OFA and have AFO to play on the already set up thing of it being the kindest quirk if it was used for good but that's just me.

in the end I'm glad that Deku still gets to be a hero but its not executed in a tasteful way at all but at least i don't have to listen to the Mcdonalds worker shit ig but this wasn't a major step up above that imo

this doesn't really work since pre-timeskip the whole point of heroes having lots of time to spare was literally the last thing we were told and with an 8 year gap afterwards you'd think they'd show some pf that but instead we're told they actually don't have time to spare and that for 8 years Deku rarely has seen them and basically ****** for 8 years with no meaningful communication or appropriate appreciation for literally saving the world. He walks down the streets and its not deku figures or statues, its his classmates and Deku for all things considered is basically forgotten and left unappreciate until he gets the suit. Even then Horikoshi didn't even properly imply or set that up beforehand, personally I'd preferred we got to see Deku keep OFA and have AFO to play on the already set up thing of it being the kindest quirk if it was used for good but that's just me.

in the end I'm glad that Deku still gets to be a hero but its not executed in a tasteful way at all but at least i don't have to listen to the Mcdonalds worker shit ig but this wasn't a major step up above that imo
He's a teacher, you think he has time off?

He's a teacher, you think he has time off?
Um yeah and even then bro teaches at UA, and even then can his classmates do not visit the school. Again the setup is a better world where heroes have time to spare but we're given the opposite of that to an extreme so much that it was rare he ever saw them within 8 years

Last edited:
I loved everything about this chapter and I feel like it covered everything it could really well. It definitely could have been longer, and I would have loved for there to have been more chapters to see a bit more of Dabi and his family and Spinner with his book/comic. And also about Shoji with him helping with discrimination and stuff. Also a bit more of Inko interacting with Deku would be nice. However, the fact that we didn't see Deku and Ochaco end up together or Ochaco confess to Deku and vice-versa is the most dogsh#t thing ever. There was so much built-up and romance between the 2, and Ochaco coming to terms with her feelings and stop hiding how she truly feels was a big part of her character. So having her never confess her love to Deku and nothing come up between the 2 of them is literally the most terrible sh#t ever. It doesn't make any sense, their entire plotline was thrown out at the very end. Now it looks like she suddenly moved on without ever addressing their feelings for each other. It's implied they barely even talked after they became adults. I can't imagine them being apart for 6 years (they had like 2 more years in UA), I understand all the other students because of work and stuff and now they're adults, but Ochaco and Deku had something deeper. How could they just forget about everything and never adress it. And I guess Horikoshi forgot about Deku's dad but whatever.

No?, its nothing to do with not having enough time, its quite literally told to us that its because the times they do have off doesnt sync. I can have 3 days off the week off where i literally do no work, that doesnt mean those 3 days are the same days my friends are going to have off, this is what happens when you have different professions

No?, its nothing to do with not having enough time, its quite literally told to us that its because the times they do have off doesnt sync. I can have 3 days off the week off where i literally do no work, that doesnt mean those 3 days are the same days my friends are going to have off, this is what happens when you have different professions
This is implying heroes didn't have off days before, the setup is that they have EVEN more time off as the whole world is looking out for each more and caring enough to take that extra step or do just that little bit more to make a difference in everyones lives around you.

Also I mean this is kinda a lazy excuse as a writer of I set that up then I'm going to pay that off. Even then if you're really going to double down and try and ground this fictional story in reality, then PTO and sick time exist and I'd damn sure take time off to visit my friend who inspired and helped save the world but ig everyones different if that's an excuse for 8 years of incognito

So after seeing more of the leaks I do see why some people are upset, or at least disappointed with the ending.

It feels like Deku was forgotten, by his friends at some point, and society. I know they all helped him get a suit but not communicating for 8 years is certainly a weird ass choice, even if they didn't get to see each other because of work. Wasn't most of his fight with Shigaraki/AFO literally lived streamed? How did people forget something like that? Why didn't he get any recognition for it? Like, a fight like that, at that level, even if he lost his power should've left an impression on people.

Reminds me of that cyberpunk 2077 ending where V just faded into irrelevancy and became just another background character in the city. Deku getting the suit at the end shows class A1 never forgot about him but I don't know, it just feels like such a weird choice to not have them talk at all, especially after all they've been through together and how much Deku pushed his friends.

I mean, he gets a suit that's probably stronger than All Mights so it's not like he'll be lacking for power or speed, and I doubt a threat like Shigaraki or AFO will appear naturally again but who knows. It's a happy for most people involved, maybe bittersweet in most cases but that time skip period feels off to me.

Back