• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The chapter was good… But why did we waste time on Deku and Uraraka at all? Like you set up so much about them only for it to go absolutely nowhere. Because they don’t end up together confirmed, it means every single scene of set-up was entirely meaningless… I swear Shonen Authors either have to commit to actually writing a romance or just stop pretending to, because I’m ******* tired of these romance teases that end with little to nothing. I mean , we live in a world where Tokyo Ghoul wrote a better *** romance then any Shonen
Sir, I'll have you know Kaguya sama is a romance shonen.

Sir, I'll have you know Kaguya sama is a romance shonen.
Correction then, Battle Shonen need to stop pretending to have romance because they all goddamn suck at it…

All past Deku and Uraraka scenes of teasing are all effectively pointless at this point and it’s kinda baffling to me an author would do that after wasting 10 years on it

But whatever

Correction then, Battle Shonen need to stop pretending to have romance because they all goddamn suck at it…

All past Deku and Uraraka scenes of teasing are all effectively pointless at this point and it’s kinda baffling to me an author would do that after wasting 10 years on it

But whatever
I don't think it's that bad really but I wanna see what the next chapter is actually like. Maybe they didn't outright say it but I don't think that's really necessary in some cases.

Terrible romance writing aside…

I was there from the very early days of MHA before it was an Anime. Started when it only had like 16 chapters or something. I came to love it and it’s story. There was a brief low point for my investment during the Dark Hero Arc into the beginning of the Final War, but then the Final War brought me back and ended on an extremely satisfying note, so I gotta say, I’m gonna miss this one.

Yes, there are many things that were rushed and could have been expanded on, we all know. Why was the story only 1 year of school? Why was Dark Hero rushed? why didn’t we focus more on outside Japan? But I like to focus on what we actually got outside of what we could have got. And what we got was pretty damn satisfying.

Personally for me, a solid 9/10

Terrible romance writing aside…

I was there from the very early days of MHA before it was an Anime. Started when it only had like 16 chapters or something. I came to love it and it’s story. There was a brief low point for my investment during the Dark Hero Arc into the beginning of the Final War, but then the Final War brought me back and ended on an extremely satisfying note, so I gotta say, I’m gonna miss this one.

Yes, there are many things that were rushed and could have been expanded on, we all know. Why was the story only 1 year of school? Why was Dark Hero rushed? why didn’t we focus more on outside Japan? But I like to focus on what we actually got outside of what we could have got. And what we got was pretty damn satisfying.

Personally for me, a solid 9/10
Honestly if there's one problem I had with MHA, it's the lack of the greater world building for the series. I would love to see how places like America, Canada, China, or some third world countries operate with all the superpowers around.

But I will say that can be fixed in side stories or whatever happens next. I saw on Twitter there was a big MHA account coming next week so maybe side stories?

Welp it’s over

Decent ending, would’ve changed a few things but no big complaints

If I had to rate the series now, I would give it a light 8/10

Several writing decisions that ****** it up imo, could have been way higher but it is what it is

Last edited:
I have no complain about it not focusing much outside of Japan. There is not much need to. The story justifies why other countries can't help very well. Also MHA maybe has the most exploration outside of Japan compared to every other anime set in the real world map.

JJK never leaves Japan except for a few sorcerers. CSM happens in Japan. All Soul reapers in bleach are Japanese. Parasyte also exclusively takes place in Japan. Hell they never even tell us if there are any parasites outside Japan. Demon Slayer again entirely in Japan. Muzan didn't even think of the possiblity that the Doctor imported that blue crack lily from China.

Meanwhile you have I-Island and every character related to that, a few american heroes and a Movie set entirely in Europe. The only other series I remember that ping pongs around the world is Baki. And that has been going on for longer than the Big Three. And even then we have just seen a few scenes outside of Japan. USA, Russia, Africa and Cuba. Oh and Vietnam.

So if anything MHA has shown far more of the outside world. Why the heck is USA not nuking Sukuna for example.

Yes but that's specifically a romance story. You don't need to be in the romance genre entirely to have a good couple. Example, The Amazing Spiderman.
I'm aware. He said Tokyo ghoul wrote a better romance than any shonen. Kaguya sama is a shonen. People tend to forget that. Which is why he clarified battle shonen later.

looks at the current state of Spider-Man

Are you SURE that's the best example?
I specifically mentioned The Amazing Spiderman movie for that exact reason.

1. Andrew Garfield and Emma had great dialogue and chemistry and made more progress in a 2 hour movie that Deku and Ochako did in 400 chapters.

2. Emma Stone. Do I need to say more ?

Also the Ultimate Run is great. The Main universe run is horrible.

Oh and that reminds me, If Deku isn't with Ochako, can't wait to meet the Japanese version of "Paul" and their 2 kids. While Deku is crying in the shower.
Please do not put that into the universe....

Back