• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The countdown has begun. Series have have been a mess but it was there for me in some of my most pivotal moments in life whilst gracing with some marvelous major credit to sports festival arc moments, story beats, characters an arcs

giphy.gif

Only 5 chapters left, the end of an era.

It has been a good 10 years for me. I started reading this series when it had just 8 chapters out and its been a journey for sure. I don't know if I could ever be obsessed with another series like this.
Actually no. Horikoshi and his editor from a recent interview like 2 days ago claimed that they've got no idea when mha would end. Horikoshi even went as far as to claim that he would bow if mha exceeded this year.

Mha ending in the next 5 chapter is likely not gonna be happening if hk think mha has a possibility of exceeding this year.

Am at shool now but I will post the interview links later.

That's certainly something. Other than more obscure wikis, the only other places where I'd see One Piece scaled higher than in VSBW are in TikTok, YouTube, and other sites not particularly known for their integrity.

That's certainly something. Other than more obscure wikis, the only other places where I'd see One Piece scaled higher than in VSBW are in TikTok, YouTube, and other sites not particularly known for their integrity.
I'm not saying it should be higher, just that if we had those cloud feats people wouldn't be saying dumb shit like "mountain level OP"

Though, we have like, 10 or 15 feats higher than mountain level, so i guess people just gonna say wathever fits their agenda

You know, I don't understand why the MHA verse is so underestimate in terms of power, like yes, it's obviously not an uber overpowered verse but people act like it's an incredibly weak verse filled with "fodders", for some reason JJK fans are the quickest to say that the MHA verse is fodder, saying that Sukuna is "enough to solo MHA"
I say because Outside of the big names and such the majority of the feats performed by lesser tiers don't seem all that impressive which adds to folks not thinking much

As for the JJK one Sukuna portrayal in the anime and his moveset gives off "Damn he's overpowered as hell" which adds to it which is funny given JJK is hard carried by Gojo infinity

I mean, I saw some videos on YouTube debunking a lot calcs used for One Piece on this site. Putting it all the way down to Mountain level. And from what I saw it seems pretty correct. One Piece has a lot of faulty scaling, in general and on here. Mountain level seems to be the most correct. So idk men, MHA mid tiers might unironically solo. If MHA was allowed the same level of faulty scaling on here as One Piece it would surely already be in the Multi-Continental to Moon level+ tiers
What's so faulty about the 23 calcs above 7-A?

Seems like I've missed a lot. MHA is ending in 5 more chapters?

Going to be weird to not be waiting for new chapters, MHA is currently the only manga I stay up to date with constantly.

do we have a calc for Nana Shimura getting nuked by AFO? It feels like a supporting feat at the very least
Let's make Rusty do it
I did that awhile ago, didn't make a blog but got 7-B results for the attack and 7-C results for Nana's durability. If I'm remembering that correctly.

Going to be weird to not be waiting for new chapters, MHA is currently the only manga I stay up to date with constantly.

I did that awhile ago, didn't make a blog but got 7-B results for the attack and 7-C results for Nana's durability. If I'm remembering that correctly.
Time to pick up Undead Unluck (post chapter 15ish is peak)

Make it, I wanna see it
I feel like this also gets us Nana's height assuming ISL

And AFO's been hit by soundwaves and railguns. Your point?
Purposely getting hit by something that would cause you zero issue >> getting blitzed by something that you would dodge if you could

AFO didn't even attempt to dodge so we can't call it a blitz because he didn't bother, Big Mom flat out couldn't react to lightning

I was wondering, shouldn't Fa Jin's multiplier be 6x instead of 5x considering Deku is also adding his own base power plus the 5x he has already charged?

And also, how do we treat the recoil from Fa Jin's powered hits? Do we just assume the Quirk protects Deku from the physical recoil of hitting something directly?

IIRC the energy accumulated and produced by Fa Jin is functionally different from using OFA's crystallized energy, the former is stacking and releasing KE with no recoil whilst the latter produces explosive power from the inside which harms the user.
IDK how accurate this description is though.

Fa Jin's stockpile works different compared to OFA, Izuku directly states it lets him use power on par with 100% with no recoil. Obviously Fa Jin has normal recoil since Izuku wouldn't be able to propel himself with it, he is talking about the same recoil that OFA produces in this case.

Which works like Metalballrun said, where the energy is exploding inside of his body.

I'm going to be bringing up Fa Jin and the mechanics behind it in a future CRT, as there's something about it that needs discussion.

Back