• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

image0.jpg
My boy's probably working his way through law school or something, I believe in him

Damn, Central Hospital's tech is really out of this world for keeping Dabi alive for this long. How in sweet hell is he pronouncing words without any lips?

Also, the entire Todoroki family now has burn scars. Everything is all coming together. Endeavor is confirmed to be retiring, apparently he can't walk either, too much damage to his legs. The Hellish Todoroki Family drama has been one of the best parts of this manga, nice to see it reach a satisfying conclusion.

Dabi lived pretty long for a man who is 99.99% burn scars. Maybe they should've sent Nighteye to Central Hospital instead of a University Hospital.

And of course Bakugo was right that Dabi's favorite food would be Soba.

Wonder who's going to run Endeavor's Agency now that he's retired?

Lady Nagant not mentally ready to return to the outside world, though it seems she can be let out whenever she wants. It's a bit strange, while the vast majority of her murders were done on the government orders, she did kill the HPSC President of her own free will. Though considering he was ordering her to kill people, it's not as bad.

At least she's in a normal prison and not Tartarus. Personally, I'd trust her walking around free if she wanted. But respect that she's staying cautious and will wait longer. Hawks is now the president of the HPSC, which is a surprising but also not. Considering he's Quirkless, does this mean Best Jeanist is now the Number 1 Hero?

Nice to see Gentle and La Brava being set free. Considering all they did during the war and how minor their crimes were, they definitely deserved it. Chapter ending with someone entering Spinner's room. Almost certain it's Izuku, just like Tomura ask of him. Spinner and Izuku will be interacting for the first time, it's kind of weird.

4 more chapters till the end.

Very solid chapter as we move closer towards the end.

Last edited:
Damn, Central Hospital's tech is really out of this world for keeping Dabi alive for this long. How in sweet hell is he pronouncing words without any lips?

Also, the entire Todoroki family now has burn scars. Every is all coming together. Endeavor is confirmed to be retiring, apparently he can't walk either, too much damage to his legs. The Hellish Todoroki Family drama has been one of the best parts of this manga, nice to see it reach a satisfying conclusion.

Dabi lived pretty long for a man who is 99.99% burn scars. Maybe they should've sent Nighteye to Central Hospital instead of a University Hospital.

And of course Bakugo was right that Dabi's favorite food would be Soba.

Wonder who's going to run Endeavor's Agency now that he's retired?

Lady Nagant not mentally ready to return to the outside world, though it seems she can be let out whenever she wants. It's a bit strange, while the vast majority of her murders were done on the government orders, she did kill the HPSC President of her own free will. Though considering he was ordering her to kill people, it's not as bad.

At least she's in a normal prison and not Tartarus. Personally, I'd trust her walking around free if she wanted. But respect that she's staying cautious and will wait longer. Hawks is now the president of the HPSC, which is a surprising but also not. Considering he's Quirkless, does this mean Best Jeanist is now the Number 1 Hero?

Nice to see Gentle and La Brava being set free. Considering all they did during the war and how minor their crimes were, they definitely deserved it. Chapter ending with someone entering Spinner's room. Almost certain it's Izuku, just like Tomura ask of him. Spinner and Izuku will be interacting for the first time, it's kind of weird.

4 more chapters till the end.

Very solid chapter as we move closer towards the end.
Best Jeanist Realizing he has no competition now that everyone else is retiring, physically brutalized, wormshot, or dead:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png
[Spoilers]

I don’t really hear that anymore, ever since Season 7 the One Piece Wank Brigade have been coping hard over Deku being able to clap 99% of the series

Comic one has gotten so unhinged that the mods who are clearly OP wankers immediately lock threads

Spacebattle forums have been coming up with all sorts of conspiracy theories and double standards but they folded like a lawn chair when they couldn’t debunk Shiggy clapping the fk out of Doffy

Reddit has been pretty mellow though at least
Late to this, but speaking of One Piece, which is the strongest version of Luffy y’all think Deku can beat — IF we were to go off of this calc for him?

Considering the primary damage types Deku uses, it'd have to be a fairly early version, since Deku's main wincon is throwing him into the ocean.
We literally have a thread on here though that literally mentions too much blunt force on Luffy can overstretch and rip him.

So, how many times more would Deku’s AP have to be than Luffy’s durability for that too be possible? 🤔

Last edited:
From how powerscalers describe it, Luffy is practically invulnerable to blunt force damage.
Didn't really seem like it when I was reading, but I've seen people say Deku's punches would only work on East Blue Luffy.

From how powerscalers describe it, Luffy is practically invulnerable to blunt force damage.
Didn't really seem like it when I was reading, but I've seen people say Deku's punches would only work on East Blue Luffy.
Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure its quite consistent that the reason pre-timeskip villains can hurt Luffy is by using sharp weapons or durability negating hax. Kuro and his claws, Don Krieg and his arsenal, Arlong with his teeth and spear, Crocodile with his hook and moisture sucking, Enel with his burning hot spear, Lucci with his claws and rokushiki, etc. It's only until hakim becomes prevalent that blunt physical strikes start doing some work.

Buuut if Deku is out for blood, he could probably use Delaware Smash, Mash Burnedead style

Deku did cut Shigaraki's fingers off with a swipe of his hand. And he also has claws with Black Whip in his Overlay form.

There's also the wolverine-like blades with Black Whip that Deku once manifested but never used. That quirk had so much potential.
My favorite of the extra quirks tbh, and this is coming from someone who never exactly liked the concept of it

We literally have a thread on here though that literally mentions too much blunt force on Luffy can overstretch and rip him.

So, how many times more would Deku’s AP have to be than Luffy’s durability for that too be possible? 🤔
Luffy isn't fully invulnerable, but 5-C Kaidou had to use Haki to hurt him, and Garp only hurt a Tier 7 Luffy because of his Haki as well.

Luffy isn't fully invulnerable, but 5-C Kaidou had to use Haki to hurt him, and Garp only hurt a Tier 7 Luffy because of his Haki as well.
So even blunt anttacks over 1000x stronger than Luffy’s durability won’t be enough to kill him as long as it doesn’t have Haki?!

Some blunt durability feats that Luffy didn't no-sell with his fruit:
  • Captain Kuro made Luffy bleed with a kick to the face. (You may attribute the damage as more like Luffy cut his own lip with his teeth, though)
  • He got hurt getting face slammed by Smoker to the ground IIRC. Krieg also hurt him with his shield. No serious injuries in these cases, however.
  • IIRC he also had bruises fighting Laboon, Dorry, and Wapol (the latter might be more due to the explosion of his cannon ball rather than blunt force, however, but IIRC it made Luffy bleed)
  • Mr. 5's explosives harmed and KOed Luffy
  • Enel harmed Luffy by smacking him with his staff
  • Satori KOed Luffy, but he did it with a durability-bypassing attack
  • Foxy severely harmed Luffy, I forgot if Luffy was actively not using his Fruit here though, someone else can recall that arc
  • Franky seemed to have hurt Luffy with a punch
  • Base Lucci harmed Luffy with a punch as well, and later with other punches (forgor if he was actively using Haki during the fights)
Luffy has a whole lot more of feats with his rubber letting him ignore blunt damage, but lots of them are also generally from low level opponents/attacks or those who are around equal to him.
It's been a very long while since I've read OP though so I don't remember the exact details of all his fights.

Captain Kuro made Luffy bleed with a kick to the face. (You may attribute the damage as more like Luffy cut his own lip with his teeth, though)
Luffy himself stated that only his lip was cut.
He got hurt getting face slammed by Smoker to the ground IIRC
Luffy was uninjured.
Krieg also hurt him with his shield
It did not hurt him. In fact, Luffy shows he was unaffected in the next pages.
IIRC he also had bruises fighting Laboon
These are not bruises. It's dust from being crushed into a building.
Same case as his fight with Laboon considering he shook off the dirt in the next page.
Wapol never hurt Luffy with any blunt attacks.
Mr. 5's explosives harmed and KOed Luffy
Luffy is known to be just as susceptible to explosions as any person with normal human physiology and his durability would.
Enel harmed Luffy by smacking him with his staff
Nope. Even after hitting Luffy with several blunt hits from his staff, Enel realized that Luffy was made of rubber and that his only weaknesses are sharp objects and heat, which is why he opted to using a heated trident.
Satori KOed Luffy, but he did it with a durability-bypassing attack
As you said, Satori used an Impact Dial, which is a durability-bypassing attack.
Foxy severely harmed Luffy, I forgot if Luffy was actively not using his Fruit here though, someone else can recall that arc
Literally the only ways Foxy could harm Luffy were through spiky gloves and bombs.
Franky seemed to have hurt Luffy with a punch
He never did this.
Base Lucci harmed Luffy with a punch as well, and later with other punches (forgor if he was actively using Haki during the fights
Similar to against Kuro, Luffy's lips and cheeks were getting scraped and cut.

This doesn't show that Luffy was uninjured.
I didn't say he was injured, anyways. Just that it seemed to have hurt him somewhat.
It's dust from being crushed into a building.
My mistake, then.
Wapol never hurt Luffy with any blunt attacks.
Explosions don't count as blunt force attacks?
Luffy was very obviously getting hurt by Enel's staff even in the scans you've shown.
Enel realizing that Luffy is resistant to blunt force attacks and opting to use piercing attacks doesn't refute that.
He never did this.
Pulling stuff from Luffy's RT:
No injuries, but he did appear to feel pain from them.

Good episode. The fight was only the second half of the episode and a lot of stuff remaining for Endeavor. No animation highlights. Few good moments like Endeavor's rage punch and AFO's laser beam. The animation this season doesn't have the inconsistency S6 did which is good but yet to see any highlight moments aside from the nuke punch (which was animated by the guy who animated All Might vs Nomu and left after S1, he is back after 6 seasons)

Next ep will be Shigaraki vs Bakugo and Endeavor vs AFO.

Back