• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Well, count me excited. Wasn’t expecting that at all. Wonder if he’s a legit copy including power? Or just a really smart guy that looks like him? Either way a fight between him and Deku should be entertaining if he’s basically All Might level.

Also seems to have some giant facility with an energy draining effect? Wonder what his overall plan is.
why does mha have four movies
Same reason any movie stemming from something else is made; capitalize on popular thing to make large amounts of money in a single sitting while further promoting the popular thing for even more money.

A little off-topic but I'm surprised we don't have a calc for that feat of Momo swinging that cannon around that's mentioned in her LS section.

I'm imagining a AU crossover where Deku gets one for all and the omnitrix

Because "Alien DNA is "injected" into the user, meaning they retain the wielder's personality, memories, and consciousness. Because of this, most of the aliens are not full-blown aliens, and rather hybrids with a small portion of the user's DNA. However, there are exceptions, such as the Ectonurite and Conductoid DNA"

Meaning... with dekus aliens, he can use one for all when transformed into the aliens in the omnitrix to boost literary everything they have... and use all of one for alls Quirks on top of that

God God

MHA Movie Villains

article-1006753-00C82D6500000578-933_468x604.jpg
11036980943_0cf7c0a67a_b.jpg
EGsUaxXXkAAYfzE
43366267315_4505b6c828_b.jpg

This movie's existence is going to solely exist to prove current Deku>Prime All Might for people who don't already know that
no offense mate, but thank god most authors are not powerscalers, comments like these make me see that they would accept the most boring concept in the world as long as it gives them nice scaling.

The guy has a ship the size of a city that shoots lasers and for some reason you assume that his gimmick is really to be as strong as all might.

no offense mate, but thank god most authors are not powerscalers, comments like these make me see that they would accept the most boring concept in the world as long as it gives them nice scaling.

The guy has a ship the size of a city that shoots lasers and for some reason you assume that his gimmick is really to be as strong as all might.
Do you believe that someone attempting to carry All Might’s message and copy him in appearance would not seek to replicate his strength as well? His flying structure clearly has a purpose but the villains individual power is absolutely going to be a main component of the film, as has been the case for all prior films, that people on a VS BATTLE WIKI are gonna wanna talk about and speculate on.

Do you believe that someone attempting to carry All Might’s message and copy him in appearance would not seek to replicate his strength as well? His flying structure clearly has a purpose but the villains individual power is absolutely going to be a main component of the film, as has been the case for all prior films, that people on a VS BATTLE WIKI are gonna wanna talk about and speculate on.
The problem is that all the solutions to the assumption that this character would effectively manage to "replicate the strength of All Might Prime" would only bring a lot of terrible holes to the story.

-"He achieved it through surgery" It would imply that Doc Ujiko is not the top in achieving this, because through surgery he only managed to replicate the power of weakened All might (USJ nomu) and without causing brain problems he only managed to get the person quite close at that level (shigaraki war arc)

Shigaraki did not reach the level of all might prime until his body reached the singularity, if it were from the surgery alone it brings inconsistencies to the mentions. And if that were true for this new character, it would be terribly condescending to both the main villain and the protagonist's power.

-"He just has a Quirk that makes him very strong" he would have no way of really knowing that he is as strong as All Might Prime, and if he really is, it would ruin the concept of power levels in the series.

The only reasonable solution is that this character's gimmick is not really his strength, but he is using loopholes to obtain a considerable level (like Star, which by the way was also not as strong as AM Prime) which highlights the fact that the most interesting thing about him and his true gimmick would not be just being "as strong as all might prime"

The problem is that all the solutions to the assumption that this character would effectively manage to "replicate the strength of All Might Prime" would only bring a lot of terrible holes to the story.

-"He achieved it through surgery" It would imply that Doc Ujiko is not the top in achieving this, because through surgery he only managed to replicate the power of weakened All might (USJ nomu) and without causing brain problems he only managed to get the person quite close at that level (shigaraki war arc)

Shigaraki did not reach the level of all might prime until his body reached the singularity, if it were from the surgery alone it brings inconsistencies to the mentions. And if that were true for this new character, it would be terribly condescending to both the main villain and the protagonist's power.

-"He just has a Quirk that makes him very strong" he would have no way of really knowing that he is as strong as All Might Prime, and if he really is, it would ruin the concept of power levels in the series.

The only reasonable solution is that this character's gimmick is not really his strength, but he is using loopholes to obtain a considerable level (like Star, which by the way was also not as strong as AM Prime) which highlights the fact that the most interesting thing about him and his true gimmick would not be just being "as strong as all might prime"
His ship, which seems to drain energy from people, is his attempt to gather enough power to be on par with his idol. That’s a reasonable assumption that relies on nothing and doesn’t break anything.

Tell me right now what his ship does and why it could not be his gateway to All Might’s power and I’ll concede. Otherwise stop acting like you have some high ground and that “powerscalers” shouldn’t be authors.

No one knows his powers right now. You can’t say jack on anyone else’s speculation. You can, however, add to the conversation like a normal person and that would be appreciated.

Late to the party. So Walmight is the main villain it seems. Animation looks great but well that's expected. The energy cloud looks like that puke Elden Beast throws at us. Energy drain most likely seeing as everyone is losing power and is not even able to stand up. It will bee great to see All Might as a villain even if it's a faker. With more 5 quirks you know that Deku in action is going to gorgeous. Bro turned into a particle accelerator in the last movie, existed to see where that goes.

I guess they have been building that Giant spaceship thingy since S3 and now revealed themselves.

It's not about budgets.

First the anime will always have trash backgrounds no matter how much money they have. Worse than even the lowest budget Isekai anime out there. This is mostly cause of Musa while the movie backgrounds are done in-house by Bones.

There's also the lighting issues which no amount of money can fix since they originate from the directorial vision.

Same for censorship. The same streak of episodes can have a guy getting chomped in half in gruesome detail while censoring a broken jaw.

When it comes down to animation, even though the movies and anime have "separate" teams, it is undeniable that the movies poach all the top talents.

You can expect less contributions to the anime from guys like Nakamura when a movie is coming out.

Heck, even the early seasons' director went over to the movies' side while the anime was left to rot from season 4 onwards. So it isn't just animators that get poached.

(Obviously everyone prefers working on the movies compared to the long gruelling work that goes on when making a seasonal anime like MHA.)

It's not about budgets.

First the anime will always have trash backgrounds no matter how much money they have. Worse than even the lowest budget Isekai anime out there. This is mostly cause of Musa while the movie backgrounds are done in-house by Bones.

There's also the lighting issues which no amount of money can fix since they originate from the directorial vision.

Same for censorship. The same streak of episodes can have a guy getting chomped in half in gruesome detail while censoring a broken jaw.

When it comes down to animation, even though the movies and anime have "separate" teams, it is undeniable that the movies poach all the top talents.

You can expect less contributions to the anime from guys like Nakamura when a movie is coming out.

Heck, even the early seasons' director went over to the movies' side while the anime was left to rot from season 4 onwards. So it isn't just animators that get poached.

(Obviously everyone prefers working on the movies compared to the long gruelling work that goes on when making a seasonal anime like MHA.)
(I don't know how to embed gifs)

Whatever it ends up being is probably still better than an Unknown rating as those get overpowered by literally every other rating.
Very quick little check is getting me baseline Athletic Human results, and I was high balling the weight of the cannon by using one of the heavier ones I can find that matched. However, I'm not super familiar with the friction coefficient of wheels nor do I see this being worth the amount of time this would take me.

At that point just put everyone who is Unknown in the range of Below Average Human to Above Average Human.

Her carrying those tungsten shields would give far better results.

There is no "poaching" to be had here.

Animation, and subsequently, anime in general, is a field primarily filled with freelancers. Even people from overseas can get hired. It's usually never really an issue of having the "right" people for the job unless new hires are working on the seasons, and even then, it's not like "new hires" are suddenly inept at doing animation. There are LOTS of skilled animators.

Chances are, you probably can't even single-handedly recite all of the notable animators that worked on this anime BY NAME, outside of Nakamura. There's no way of telling just how many employees work double time between the movies and the seasonal anime outside of reading the credits (and really, who has time to be doing any of that?)

If the seasonal director for the first 3 seasons' departure from the anime did affect Bones, I suspect that it was more or less unnoticeable, and had no play in season 5's "drop" in quality.

Overall, I would argue that the "skill" of the animators has little to do with how well something is animated and more to do with time constraints and budgets. There have been a lot of scenes and shots resurfacing on the internet of scrapped season 5 animation. They're all spectacularly animated, it's just that for unknown reasons, they weren't put into the anime. I theorize this is solely because Bones was under heavy time constraints. Either that, or I guess censorship.

Let us also dispel the idea that for whatever reason or purpose, the movies suddenly detracted from the animation in the anime.

This is illogical and blatantly fallacious, because if we're going by how well something is animated, and judging an entire season of production based SOLELY on that, then it would be more logical to give a complete overview of the material that we're reviewing.

Not a few scenes, that for the most part, only make up a minute or two of run time when grouped.

No, you review ALL of the material.

And what does the average of all the material show us consistently? Good animation.

It is very telling that I've yet to see anyone, outside, or inside of the fandom, really do any of that, outside of rag on how Bones ****** up a minute's worth of animation.

All of the anime seasons, yes, even season 5, are consistent with their animation. Whenever you hear some dumbass on Twitter complain about MHA's animation in season 5, they almost always leave out the first half of the season, because everyone understands on a subconscious and fundamental level that the animation was so good during that part of the season, that it is impossible to slander it.

Anybody who says that it wasn't good is either lying to themselves or just genuinely too ignorant to give it credit. I know it because I was around to see it from my very eyes.

The first ten episodes of that season had people salivating and foaming at the mouths because of how absurdly good the animation was, even for scenes that had little importance or relevance to the story. You could argue that the beginning of the season, in terms of how well-animated it was, tops every other season to come before it, except maybe the seasons 1 through 2.

I'll be very pleased to provide examples of what I'm saying here if need be.

There is no "poaching" to be had here.

Animation, and subsequently, anime in general, is a field primarily filled with freelancers. Even people from overseas can get hired. It's usually never really an issue of having the "right" people for the job unless new hires are working on the seasons, and even then, it's not like "new hires" are suddenly inept at doing animation. There are LOTS of skilled animators.

Chances are, you probably can't even single-handedly recite all of the notable animators that worked on this anime BY NAME, outside of Nakamura. There's no way of telling just how many employees work double time between the movies and the seasonal anime outside of reading the credits (and really, who has time to be doing any of that?)

If the seasonal director for the first 3 seasons' departure from the anime did affect Bones, I suspect that it was more or less unnoticeable, and had no play in season 5's "drop" in quality.

Overall, I would argue that the "skill" of the animators has little to do with how well something is animated and more to do with time constraints and budgets. There have been a lot of scenes and shots resurfacing on the internet of scrapped season 5 animation. They're all spectacularly animated, it's just that for unknown reasons, they weren't put into the anime. I theorize this is solely because Bones was under heavy time constraints. Either that, or I guess censorship.

Let us also dispel the idea that for whatever reason or purpose, the movies suddenly detracted from the animation in the anime.

This is illogical and blatantly fallacious, because if we're going by how well something is animated, and judging an entire season of production based SOLELY on that, then it would be more logical to give a complete overview of the material that we're reviewing.

Not a few scenes, that for the most part, only make up a minute or two of run time when grouped.

No, you review ALL of the material.

And what does the average of all the material show us consistently? Good animation.

It is very telling that I've yet to see anyone, outside, or inside of the fandom, really do any of that, outside of rag on how Bones ****** up a minute's worth of animation.

All of the anime seasons, yes, even season 5, are consistent with their animation. Whenever you hear some dumbass on Twitter complain about MHA's animation in season 5, they almost always leave out the first half of the season, because everyone understands on a subconscious and fundamental level that the animation was so good during that part of the season, that it is impossible to slander it.

Anybody who says that it wasn't good is either lying to themselves or just genuinely too ignorant to give it credit. I know it because I was around to see it from my very eyes.

The first ten episodes of that season had people salivating and foaming at the mouths because of how absurdly good the animation was, even for scenes that had little importance or relevance to the story. You could argue that the beginning of the season, in terms of how well-animated it was, tops every other season to come before it, except maybe the seasons 1 through 2.

I'll be very pleased to provide examples of what I'm saying here if need be.
^Essentially this

TBH, as long as Season 7 looks as good as Season 6, I'll be satisfied. The only part of Season 6 I was even a little disappointed with was Deku going all out against Shigaraki not going super over the top, but in general, it looked perfectly fine.

^Essentially this

TBH, as long as Season 7 looks as good as Season 6, I'll be satisfied. The only part of Season 6 I was even a little disappointed with was Deku going all out against Shigaraki not going super over the top, but in general, it looked perfectly fine.
What about Season 3. I Think that looked the finest. S4 had some great moments too.

What about Season 3. I Think that looked the finest. S4 had some great moments too.
We’re long since removed from Season 3

I just want the big moments to look good and not have still frames essentially. Like as long as the first usage of Gearshift bullying Shigaraki looks great, I’ll be happy. Luckily MHA has essentially always gone all out for the most important moments. The only moment they didn’t go SO over the top for is Deku vs Shigaraki, but even then, it looked fairly good except for a few scuffed shots.

We’re long since removed from Season 3

I just want the big moments to look good and not have still frames essentially. Like as long as the first usage of Gearshift bullying Shigaraki looks great, I’ll be happy. Luckily MHA has essentially always gone all out for the most important moments. The only moment they didn’t go SO over the top for is Deku vs Shigaraki, but even then, it looked fairly good except for a few scuffed shots.
They went hard on Mirko and Endeavor scenes. Hell Shigaraki falling from his tube had better Animation than Shigaraki vs Deku. Just hoping that they extend the final Battle between Shigaraki and Deku like they did for Endeavor vs Hood.

We will never get back the season 1to 3 quality again.
People need to get the idea out of their heads that seasons 1 through 3 had the best animation.

I can see you making that argument for maybe season two, and only because of one or two episodes, but season 1 didn't even have that many fight scenes, let alone the level of quality from older seasons. Seasons 4, 5, and 6 all blow these older seasons out of the water, or at the very least, compete with them on even ground.

Again, happy to provide examples from later seasons. There is merit to what I'm saying here.

Back