• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I mean, NGL, I do love the fact that we perceive Monoma to be capable of hitting half as strong as the Beirut Explosion.
If Monoma is anything higher than 9-C he is stronger than the worlds most powerful men and would tank hits from any MMA fighter or boxer you can think of.

If Monoma is even wall level he could single handedly dog walk the most powerful people in all of human history as long as weapons aren’t brought in.

This is what we call “incredulity” and it happens a lot when talking about “fiction.”

Same way no one is stupid enough to question why Endeavor can get thrown through buildings and break through a forcefield with his bare hands or base Deku can survive being near the center of a giant concrete destroying explosion that launches him into the back of a stadium.

Essentially: any downgrade based on incredulity or “do you really think they’re THIS strong?” Is completely faulty and ignorant since the only answer to it would be that NO ONE without a strength quirk should be higher than 9-C. Any thing less than that is contradictory to the logic being presented, as even 9-A or 9-B would create the exact same problem but with a higher strength gap and outlandishly foolish reasoning for it being present.

Essentially: any downgrade based on incredulity or “do you really think they’re THIS strong?” Is completely faulty and ignorant since the only answer to it would be that NO ONE without a strength quirk should be higher than 9-C. Any thing less than that is contradictory to the logic being presented, as even 9-A or 9-B would create the exact same problem but with a higher strength gap and outlandishly foolish reasoning for it being present.
I don't think anyone here was really making an Argument from Incredulity.

But at some point when you take a step back, you've got to not just go by what is powerscaled but also look at what the character themselves is capable of.

Would you really have no issue is Monoma was rated as Country level for example? Or Continent level? There is a threshold for how far one can sustain disbelief depending on context.

Like I do often find myself on the opposition side when it comes to this topic, but I reckon I always had a fairly consistent take of not arguing from incredulity, personally speaking.

There are definitely those who actually do argue that way, but they're not with us right now or are just lurking and I tend to always point them out when they're up to their usual chicanery.

If Monoma is anything higher than 9-C he is stronger than the worlds most powerful men and would tank hits from any MMA fighter or boxer you can think of.
All jokes aside I do think Monoma is definitely stronger than any real life human and it’s not real close. People really don’t realize how strong the average human is in MHA

I do think it’s a bit ridiculous that Monoma is 8-A but as long as it’s consistent then idrc

I'm intrigued as to how and in what way Damage plans to downgrade mha when it ends. Is he hoping we're gonna get more inconsistencies and anti-feats/statements as the manga continues or something and that's why he's waiting for the manga to end?

I'm intrigued as to how and in what way Damage plans to downgrade mha when it ends. Is he hoping we're gonna get more inconsistencies as the manga continues or something and that's why he's waiting for the manga to end?
Oooooor Damage is waiting for it to end so that there isn't a potential drastic change in the next chapter after or during the crt, leading to a jumbled mess of problems

All jokes aside I do think Monoma is definitely stronger than any real life human and it’s not real close. People really don’t realize how strong the average human is in MHA
I don't really think this is an issue within this forum outside of a few people unfamiliar with the verse.
It is a common symptom in the general fandom though.

If Monoma is even wall level he could single handedly dog walk the most powerful people in all of human history as long as weapons aren’t brought in.

This is what we call “incredulity” and it happens a lot when talking about “fiction.”

Same way no one is stupid enough to question why Endeavor can get thrown through buildings and break through a forcefield with his bare hands or base Deku can survive being near the center of a giant concrete destroying explosion that launches him into the back of a stadium.
I mean, I don't doubt that Monoma is stronger than the world's strongest person just based on the fact that he has an impossible vertical and horizontal leap by real world human standards.

Like even without a physical power, manga and anime characters are usually portrayed as above real world human standards.
Pick any anime comedy series you like and you'll see them doing crazy shit that's physically impossible.

Even in Western comics, random goons can be punched 20 meters in the air or through concrete or brick walls and live through it. Wall level goons right there. They survive shit that would break every bone in a human's body.

comics are made for entertainment, it wouldn't be entertaining if a regular goon was one tapped by the vastly superior hero (I'm not commenting on anything about upgrades or downgrades I just wanna say this)

I still want to hear what exactly he's planning, like how low is he planning on putting them at the moment
Why does everyone act like it's so difficult? It's as simple as noticing that all the biggest godtier feats come from a couple of cloud feats that characters can't repeat in consistent real collateral damage+ removing the x60 multiplier for the twelfth time

Why does everyone act like it's so difficult? It's as simple as noticing that all the biggest godtier feats come from a couple of cloud feats that characters can't repeat in consistent real collateral damage+ removing the x60 multiplier for the twelfth time
the cloud feats that are shown time and time again to be actual representations in the story of a sign of great power?

“Removing the 60x multiplier”

Oh I would love for someone to pull up with a brand new, completely original, totally not repeated and thoroughly deconstructed argument against the multiplier that they could have used in the three god damn back to back threads that talked about it.
I'm not planning to remove the multiplier.

Oooooor Damage is waiting for it to end so that there isn't a potential drastic change in the next chapter after or during the crt, leading to a jumbled mess of problems
Pretty much this. The series is in its final stretch anyway, so may as well wait until we're unlikely to get new information before returning to scaling the series. That's my current approach.

the cloud feats that are shown time and time again to be actual representations in the story of a sign of great power?
The same was once said about kinetic feats and explosions based feats in other verses.

Besides the fact that it is an exaggeration, in bnha there are like...3? great feats with clouds and one depends completely on assuming the timing

There is a chance, big or small, whether you like it or not, that these feats are outliers.

And it's very likely that Horikoshi has no idea of the real physical implications of that feats, compared to how he normally represents the other feats. (this one is more of a personal note more than anything, before you mention "Y-You can't know that for sure!")

Last edited:
"Removing the ×60 multiplier" good luck with that
thanks
“Removing the 60x multiplier”

Oh I would love for someone to pull up with a brand new, completely original, totally not repeated and thoroughly deconstructed argument against the multiplier that they could have used in the three god damn back to back threads that talked about it.
If it could be refuted so many times before without being confirmed until now, chances are it can be refuted again in the future, maybe not by me or today, but it is naïve to believe that no one would try it again.

It's like the calculation of heroes rising with infinite re-takes

The same was once said about kinetic feats and explosions based feats in other verses.
When?
Besides the fact that it is an exaggeration, in bnha there are like...3? great feats with clouds and one depends completely on assuming the timing

There is a chance, big or small, whether you like it or not, that these feats are outliers.
When there is like 3 Tier 6 feats, and 2 High 7-A for the strongest dudes in the verse that only scale to eachother and barely have any anti feats
Then no, it isnt an outlier
And it's very likely that Horikoshi has no idea of the real physical implications of that feats, compared to how he normally represents the other feats. (this one is more of a personal note more than anything, before you mention "Y-You can't know that for sure!")
Horikoshi doesnt need to know that busting clouds equal X amount of gigatons. All he needs to know is that it is visually impressive and powerful looking
MHA takes it’s cloud/storm feats as a way to show the power of the characters, with like AM changing the weather being something impressive in the story

The MHA world takes place on earth, and clearly horikoshi doesn't want to make any drastic changes to that. So of course the greatest feats are going to be happening in the sky or in the middle of the ocean where it's less likely for any permanent big damage to happen. Do you expect for a country to get destroyed every time someone punches for a character to actually scale to country level?

Back