• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

His equipment was not designed for that at all, it was meant to help give him extra protection/support when using 45% or less.

Honestly, his gear is nonsense that makes zero sense and I'd prefer if it was never in the story at all. The Mid-Gauntlets were stated to be incapable of withstanding a single hit at 100% and the Gauntlets he has now are stated to be inferior to the Mid-Gauntlets. They weren't meant to protect him from that level of power.

However, he was able to block Complete Shigaraki's attack without them breaking and is currently withstanding the recoil of his own attacks. In universe this is impossible, since we know they're inferior to the Mid-Gauntlets, which are inferior to the Full Gauntlet, which could only take three 100% hits before breaking.

Not unless Complete Shigaraki and Current Izuku are actually inferior to Weakened All Might. It's just stupid clothing that shouldn't be taken seriously at this point.

So I remembered a few days ago someone in here brought up mirio fighting off the nomus and him possibly scaling to the nomus, yall were quick to shut him down on that. I thought nothing of it at the time, I imagined yall had already had a lengthy discussion on this topic and had come to a logical reasonable conclusion with good arguments as to why mirio does not scale to the nomus. Well today I decided to look through discussions mentioning mirio and all I could find was 1 discussion about mirio possibly scaling to the nomus he fought off which wasn't 1 even page long. The thread is almost 3 years old now and it's not even closed, and the arguments from both sides were lackluster to say the least (especially from the opposing side).

Just an interesting observation I made.

There's nothing suggesting that Mirio scales to the Nomu when he fails to even move them with a direct hit to their face.

Let's go through every single moment of Mirio attacking the Nomu.

1: Does no damage, just stops the Nomu before it hits Burnin. Nothing is shown about what happens afterward.

2: No damage, just pushes them in the air with his strikes. He barely moved them as well.

3: No damage, same situation as the first one. Just pushes them while they're in the air, Bakugo's Cluster also seems to hit all of them besides maybe one.

Notice how these first three are in the air where they can't brace themselves.

4: Completely fails to do anything. While AOE is disregarded for the majority of times, his punch is very obviously being compared to the Nomu's. He's massively weaker. Mirio also heavily implies that taking even a single hit from the Nomu would be extremely bad for any of them.

There are no other scenes of Mirio directly hitting any of the Nomu. We already know Mirio is massively weaker Nejire, and he was surprised to see her attack fail to even scratch Shigaraki's skin. Despite the fact he's aware he can't deal damage to Shigaraki. The idea of Mirio being comparable to the Nomu or Nejire is absurd. At the least this means he believes Nejire's attack can injure people he can't hurt himself.

There's nothing suggesting that Mirio scales to the Nomu when he fails to even move them with a direct hit to their face.

Let's go through every single moment of Mirio attacking the Nomu.

1: Does no damage, just stops the Nomu before it hits Burnin. Nothing is shown about what happens afterward.

2: No damage, just pushes them in the air with his strikes. He barely moved them as well.

3: No damage, same situation as the first one. Just pushes them while they're in the air, Bakugo's Cluster also seems to hit all of them besides maybe one.

Notice how these first three are in the air where they can't brace themselves.

4: Completely fails to do anything. While AOE is disregarded for the majority of times, his punch is very obviously being compared to the Nomu's. He's massively weaker. Mirio also heavily implies that taking even a single hit from the Nomu would be extremely bad for any of them.

There are no other scenes of Mirio directly hitting any of the Nomu. We already know Mirio is massively weaker Nejire, and he was surprised to see her attack fail to even scratch Shigaraki's skin. Despite the fact he's aware he can't deal damage to Shigaraki. The idea of Mirio being comparable to the Nomu or Nejire is absurd. At the least this means he believes Nejire's attack can injure people he can't hurt himself.
Well

1. Mirio punches a nomu and causes the nomus head/skull to get pushed back into its body. And we see things like blood or bits from the nomus body fly off.

2. And that nomu is clearly visibly hurt/upset by that

3. We see blood or bits from the nomus fly off the nomus when mirio "just pushes them away" with his punches

4. And Mirio states even his power isn't enough to take down the nomus down with ONE PUNCH. Which would be a weird statement if he was so weak compared to them and couldn't take them down AT ALL as you believe.

And Mirio hoped that with hado's energy waves at point-blank range specifically he could deal hard-hitting damage that he couldn't deal on his own. I don't know why that would make him massively weaker than nejire as you say, I mean here's part of the big 3 with nejire, they're all shown to be close to each other.

I mean, does he have to mutilate the nomus every time he punches them for him to be relative to them? Can't he like downscale from them at least? Cause I think the intention of him being relative is pretty fair/clear.

If Mirio was relative to the Nomus, he wouldn’t need to have Nejire’s energy boosts to even somewhat bruise Shigaraki

While Shigaraki considered Tamaki and Nejire as threats and focused on destroying them, he didn’t even bother focusing on Mirio and treated him as a pest

Last edited:
If Mirio was relative to the Nomus, he wouldn’t need to have Nejire’s energy boosts to even somewhat bruise Shigaraki
Shigaraki is literally over 60 times stronger than the near high end nomus bruh, that's a big gap that mirio could be anywhere in. Also, tamaki is High 6-C but his strongest attack did NOTHING to Shigaraki. Like come on

Shigaraki is literally over 60 times stronger than the near high end nomus bruh, that's a big gap that mirio could be anywhere in. Also, tamaki is High 6-C but his strongest attack did NOTHING to Shigaraki. Like come on
Yea except Shigaraki considers Tamaki and Nejire as threats but Mirio is literally treated as a pest (never even bothers to attack Mirio, simply ignores him and even states he is completely powerless)

Yea except Shigaraki considers Tamaki and Nejire as threats but Mirio is literally treated as a pest (never even bothers to attack Mirio, simply ignores him and even states he is completely powerless)
? When does he treat tamaki and nejire as a serious threat? Also, Shigaraki literally can't damage mirio that's why he doesn't bother as much with him, and shigaraki did try to attack mirio multiple times.

So I remembered a few days ago someone in here brought up mirio fighting off the nomus and him possibly scaling to the nomus, yall were quick to shut him down on that. I thought nothing of it at the time, I imagined yall had already had a lengthy discussion on this topic and had come to a logical reasonable conclusion with good arguments as to why mirio does not scale to the nomus. Well today I decided to look through discussions mentioning mirio and all I could find was 1 discussion about mirio possibly scaling to the nomus he fought off which wasn't 1 even page long. The thread is almost 3 years old now and it's not even closed, and the arguments from both sides were lackluster to say the least (especially from the opposing side).

Just an interesting observation I made.
Because it's obvious to most people that Mirio, a who is just a regular "quirked" human in-universe, does not scale to Nomu who are shown to be bulletproof even as Grey Nomu let alone High-ends that are 2 entire tiers above Grey Nomu.

Black Nomu who are a tier below High-ends are said to be as strong as at least 10 men without bringing quirks into account. If we also don't bring quirks into account, Mirio is only as strong as 1 man.

? When does he treat tamaki and nejire as a serious threat? Also, Shigaraki literally can't damage mirio that's why he doesn't bother as much with him, and shigaraki did try to attack mirio multiple times.
He dodges and blocks Nejire's attacks and even at one time uses Bakugo as a human shield causing Nejire to redirect her Nejire Pike. Of course in the first war he also mentioned Shoto and Nejire in a way that showed they were threats at least to his weakened form.

And while he doesn't take Tamaki as a major threat, he does spawn a mass of arms in front of him towards Tamaki's plasma canon even though they get destroyed.

Because it's obvious to most people that Mirio, a who is just a regular "quirked" human in-universe, does not scale to Nomu who are shown to be bulletproof even as Grey Nomu let alone High-ends that are 2 entire tiers above Grey Nomu.

Black Nomu who are a tier below High-ends are said to be as strong as at least 10 men without bringing quirks into account. If we also don't bring quirks into account, Mirio is only as strong as 1 man.
Even rn mirio scales to 8-B+, which is much higher than 1 human imo. Like, it's pretty clear that you don't need to have a strength quirk to be strong.

Are you talking about here on vsbattles or in-universe?

Cause in-universe Shigaraki is not 60 times stronger than the High-ends.

I mean the Star and Stripes fight should show that durability-wise, Shigaraki is only slightly better than the Near High-end he rides in on. That Near High-end takes every attack Shigaraki took and was still kicking to the very end.

Even rn mirio scales to 8-B+, which is much higher than 1 human imo. Like, it's pretty clear that you don't need to have a strength quirk to be strong.
It's much higher than real world humans but in the MHA verse he ain't anything special. That's why he had to retire when he lost his quirk.

He dodges and blocks Nejire's attacks and even at one time uses Bakugo as a human shield causing Nejire to redirect her Nejire Pike. Of course in the first war he also mentioned Shoto and Nejire in a way that showed they were threats at least to his weakened form.

And while he doesn't take Tamaki as a major threat, he does spawn a mass of arms in front of him towards Tamaki's plasma canon even though they get destroyed.
I can't find any panel of shigaraki seriously dodging Nejire's attacks. And he used bakugo as a sheild, so nejire would harm a teammate. I mean we're constantly shown that the heroes attacks do nothing to Shigaraki, including Nejire's attacks. And again, an over 60× difference leaves a lot of space for mirio to fit in.

Last edited:

I mean the Star and Stripes fight should show that durability-wise, Shigaraki is only slightly better than the Near High-end he rides in on. That Near High-end takes every attack Shigaraki took and was still kicking to the very end.
If you're going to disagree with what vsbattle says then I see no point in me arguing with you about a possible revision in vsbattle

Last edited:

The fight where Shigaraki isn’t Prime AM level you mean.

And Complete Shigaraki doesn’t deem anyone a threat, he laughs at all of them and takes no damage from any of their attacks, even Tamaki’s Plasma Cannon which was amped by Nejire. He put Bakugo in front of him for Nejire’s pike attack cause he’s an asshole who likes it when he hurts people.

Also, all possible arguments against the 60× multiplier including this one have been addressed

And Complete Shigaraki doesn’t deem anyone a threat, he laughs at all of them and takes no damage from any of their attacks, even Tamaki’s Plasma Cannon which was amped by Nejire. He put Bakugo in front of him for Nejire’s pike attack cause he’s an asshole who likes it when he hurts people.
He at least spends effort aiming to kill Nejire and Tamaki whereas he literally doesn’t give a shit about Mirio and even acknowledges he is powerless in comparison to the other two

He at least spends effort aiming to kill Nejire and Tamaki whereas he literally doesn’t give a shit about Mirio and even acknowledges he is powerless in comparison to the other two
He puts zero effort and laughs the entire fight (except for when mirio angers him) and he does try to attack Mirio multiple times but again, he can't damage mirio so what's the point.

Also, all possible arguments against the 60× multiplier including this one have been addressed
I'm not making any arguments for or against any multiplier. That's why I asked if you were arguing with vsbattle logic or in-universe logic.

Cause in-universe logic, Mirio is a regular un-enhanced human while the Nomu's are enhanced humans, out of universe, and via scaling, Mirio even without a quirk is called to be superhuman.

But in-universe we know losing his quirk was enough to end his career at least temporarily.

The Shigaraki there was 98 or 99%. Even then we have seen 100% Deku vs 74 to 75% Shigaraki and the gap between them isn't anything massive and even 75% Shigaraki is > High-ends.

Shigaraki's percentages/perfection are not as extreme as Deku's especially since Shiggy's refer to mental fusion with the AFO quirk while Deku's are literal percentages of energy and power.

Either way my point is that even for a Shigaraki that was almost complete, the Near High-ends durability was not that much lower than him. In terms of durability, they are not that far below him.

You think being multi-city-block+ level is nothing special for humans in mha? Also, bodies adapt to quirks in mha so it makes sense for his strength increasing when having a quirk even though his quirk is not strength related.
This is what I called vs battle logic. If Mirio without using his quirk is multi-cuty block level and apparently no one else is that level, then why the heck did he retire.

You think he has an added superstrength quirk or something?

Mirio can't even break through a concrete wall with his bare hands and apparently he is multi-city?

Don't let calcs blind you from what's actually going on in the manga. A lot of these values only exist cause authors employ rule of cool and aren't holding rulers and calculators when drawing.

Otherwise, Mirio without a quirk is just another quirkless civillian who can't even do hero work.

The Shigaraki there was 98 or 99%. Even then we have seen 100% Deku vs 74 to 75% Shigaraki and the gap between them isn't anything massive and even 75% Shigaraki is > High-ends.

Shigaraki's percentages/perfection are not as extreme as Deku's especially since Shiggy's refer to mental fusion with the AFO quirk while Deku's are literal percentages of energy and power.

Either way my point is that even for a Shigaraki that was almost complete, the Near High-ends durability was not that much lower than him. In terms of durability, they are not that far below him.
Mirko one shots High Ends yet her kicks do no damage to Shigaraki until his mental damage kicks in. He got way stronger from the Star fight to Final War, especially since he got his finger growth ability.

Him getting the finger growth ability alone means you can’t say anything about how strong he should have or could have gotten from 99% to Complete. His whole physiology changed and he went from not AM level, weaker than Star even, to tanking attacks and saying he’s Prime AM level.

So that’s kinda irrelevant.

This is what I called vs battle logic. If Mirio without using his quirk is multi-cuty block level and apparently no one else is that level, then why the heck did he retire.

You think he has an added superstrength quirk or something?

Mirio can't even break through a concrete wall with his bare hands and apparently he is multi-city?

Don't let calcs blind you from what's actually going on in the manga. A lot of these values only exist cause authors employ rule of cool and aren't holding rulers and calculators when drawing.

Otherwise, Mirio without a quirk is just another quirkless civillian who can't even do hero work.
Endeavor can punch and break High End bones with his fire propelled fists.

Todoroki got punched into a building by Dabi’s Flashfire Fist so hard he made a crater in the building.

Ochako got hit by every single one of Bakugo’s explosions in the sports festival, while he wasn’t holding back, and just kept getting up dozens of times despite even a single explosion able to kill a normal person.

Shigaraki got smashed by Re-Destro’s decayed shockwave point blank and just got a bit more bloody and hurt than before with a broken foot.

Mirio can hurt Overhaul who can take hits from 8% Deku. The same 8% Deku who can kick a rock and pulverize it casually. The same 8%, who can get smashed into a crater by Nine’s dragons and get back up, got one tapped by Mirio with a strong hit to the solar plexus.

The same 8% who CAN break through a solid concrete wall… hit Overhaul and only hurt him, same as Mirio. So Mirio is comparable, having no specific feats are irrelevant, that’s what the story is directly saying about the two.

Having a strength Quirk or not is irrelevant. The people in this world just get stronger even if they don’t have an ability specifically for that. You can have a strength boosting quirk and be overwhelmingly weaker than someone without a strength quirk.

I can keep going with examples of you need. Baseline strength for human beings (if we can even call Quirked people human) is higher in MHA than in real life. Accept that. No calcs required.

“Black Nomu are 10x stronger than the normal person” is funny to me because that implies that USJ Nomu is only 10x human strength meaning a standard human should just be 10x weaker than All Might who can punch so hard he flattens buildings and destroys tornadoes.

If that’s the multiplier you believe the wiki should be using, I will not be disagreeing with you. 🙂

“Black Nomu are 10x stronger than the normal person” is funny to me because that implies that USJ Nomu is only 10x human strength meaning a standard human should just be 10x weaker than All Might who can punch so hard he flattens buildings and destroys tornadoes.

If that’s the multiplier you believe the wiki should be using, I will not be disagreeing with you. 🙂
What's your opinion on mirio at least downscaling from the near high-end nomus btw?

What's your opinion on mirio at least downscaling from the near high-end nomus btw?
No.

The argument that he can push around and squish their bodies/heads falls apart when he does the same to Complete Shigaraki when he gets hit with the laser. Nothing shows he can do basically anything, and him needing Nejire to amp his punches with her energy just to not even be able to scratch Shiggy’s skin says a lot.

Everything other than that, he doesn’t really do anything. The one Nomu he hits that throws off their aim he hits them in the eye so that’s why they’re upset.

The “black bits” proves nothing as that pops up anytime someone is hit especially hard in MHA, it doesn’t mean they’re getting body parts taken off or are bleeding.

Get the raws of the “in one punch” statement just to be sure. But even then that doesn’t mean much since he doesn’t know how strong they fully are yet because later in the fight (right after he punches that one big high end in the eye) he remarks their toughness saying it’s off the charts.

He barely fought any High Ends on the way except probably pushing them around on his way to Deku and the gang so he has no reference for how powerful he is compared to them other than that he can’t beat them easily. His last comment then becomes their toughness is off the charts, as well as his punches right to one of their eyes not doing anything.

Combined with how much help he needed to be relevant Vs Complete Shiggy when everyone else just fought him as they were, and nah, I’m not buying he scales to them.

No.

The argument that he can push around and squish their bodies/heads falls apart when he does the same to Complete Shigaraki when he gets hit with the laser. Nothing shows he can do basically anything, and him needing Nejire to amp his punches with her energy just to not even be able to scratch Shiggy’s skin says a lot.

Everything other than that, he doesn’t really do anything. The one Nomu he hits that throws off their aim he hits them in the eye so that’s why they’re upset.

The “black bits” proves nothing as that pops up anytime someone is hit especially hard in MHA, it doesn’t mean they’re getting body parts taken off or are bleeding.

Get the raws of the “in one punch” statement just to be sure. But even then that doesn’t mean much since he doesn’t know how strong they fully are yet because later in the fight (right after he punches that one big high end in the eye) he remarks their toughness saying it’s off the charts.

He barely fought any High Ends on the way except probably pushing them around on his way to Deku and the gang so he has no reference for how powerful he is compared to them other than that he can’t beat them easily. His last comment then becomes their toughness is off the charts, as well as his punches right to one of their eyes not doing anything.

Combined with how much help he needed to be relevant Vs Complete Shiggy when everyone else just fought him as they were, and nah, I’m not buying he scales to them.
There's more than a 60× times difference between shigaraki and the near high-end nomus. I don't see how mirio not hurting shigaraki means anything when everyone else also didn't do anything to shigaraki.

And the nomu that was hurt/upset when mirio punched him on the head literally has no eyes so that's false. The nomu was hurt just from being punched.

I think the black bits are at least supporting evidence I believe, since as you even said it shows the punches are hard.

Those 2 statements aren't conflicting, so I don't see your point/argument.

There's more than a 60× times difference between shigaraki and the near high-end nomus. I don't see how mirio not hurting shigaraki means anything when everyone else also didn't do anything to shigaraki.

And the nomu that was hurt/upset when mirio punched him on the head literally has no eyes so that's false. The nomu was hurt just from being punched.

I think the black bits are at least supporting evidence I believe, since as you even said it shows the punches are hard.

Those 2 statements aren't conflicting, so I don't see your point/argument.
That Near High End very obviously has a single large, oval shaped eye. Every High End has eyes. You’re completely trolling if you’re saying that bulging part in the middle of its face isn’t an eye or are being willfully ignorant.

Shiggy being 60x High Ends makes the fact that Mirio can distort Shigaraki’s face with his bare hands even more suspect. So him moving High Ends around isn’t evidence if he can do the same to someone 60x them who he can’t even scratch the skin of or hurt, it just makes a weird af inconsistency or that he can do no damage but still push/move you.

Punches “being hard” and “black bits” flying off in anime at all are misleading af and assume a lot.

You see “black bits” coming from Shigaraki as well as “anime battle marks/scratches” on his body after he gets hit with the Mirio + Nejire fist, yet Mirio states that his attack did so little damage that he didn’t scratch Shigaraki’s skin with it. Either Mirio is blind and doesn’t see the scratches or the “battle damage” doesn’t actually mean anything despite the visual.

Are people here actually treating Shigaraki's percentages as his level of power?

All it indicated was the vague "completion state" of his body. If he was actually only 75% stronger than what was intended he would've probably noticed that, as would the doctor.

And as far as I know, Shigaraki was never meant to reach Prime All Might levels of power through the surgery. Even after the SnS fight, where Shigaraki was 99% completed, he was still undergoing some unknown, unexpected mutations that led to what he is currently.

That Near High End very obviously has a single large, oval shaped eye. Every High End has eyes. You’re completely trolling if you’re saying that bulging part in the middle of its face isn’t an eye or are being willfully ignorant.

Shiggy being 60x High Ends makes the fact that Mirio can distort Shigaraki’s face with his bare hands even more suspect. So him moving High Ends around isn’t evidence if he can do the same to someone 60x them who he can’t even scratch the skin of or hurt, it just makes a weird af inconsistency or that he can do no damage but still push/move you.

Punches “being hard” and “black bits” flying off in anime at all are misleading af and assume a lot.

Nothing about this is clearly an eye, even in the anime they show it to be this grey thing. Not an eye. And we see multiple nomus without eyes so I don't see why near high-ends cannot be without eyes. We actually see another near high-end without an eye in the same chapter, unless you're going to argue its entire head is secretly an eye somehow.

That's a stronger mirio amped by a stronger nejires blast being able to move him and shigaraki doesn't react from it like the nomu did. I say stronger because everyone has been getting stronger in the final war and they were most likely (99.99999999999999% sure) training before the final war, like everyone else was. Again, amped by nejires blast and both stronger then their past selves.

Plus again mirios statement of his power not being enough to to beat all these nomus in specifically ONE PUNCH. Very different from being extremely weaker and not being able to beat a nomu at all as you believe.

Last edited:
Back