• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Would Tomura get a Resistance to Teleportation or BFR? He straight up shook off AFO’s attempt to use the gloop quirk to bring Shiggy towards him. The quirk isn’t too explained but we have never seen anyone reject the quirk before, even those who have been warped against their will (like Bakugou)

Would Tomura get a Resistance to Teleportation or BFR? He straight up shook off AFO’s attempt to use the gloop quirk to bring Shiggy towards him. The quirk isn’t too explained but we have never seen anyone reject the quirk before, even those who have been warped against their will (like Bakugou)
From what I can tell, the teleportation of that Quirk requires for the black goo to leave your mouth in sufficient quantities for it to engulf and teleport you. Shigaraki just closed his mouth and stopped the goo from emerging so this isn't a Resistance.

I just realized MHA God-tiers (6-B) are in the same tier as One Piece Top-tiers (6-Bs) such as Whitebeard. Yeah, the OP characters still probably stomp, but the very fact that they share the same tier is kind of...well it's hard to believe that's for sure. now all that's left is for someone to disperse that storm so we can have High 6-A mha matching Luffy's bajrang gun

I just realized MHA God-tiers (6-B) are in the same tier as One Piece Top-tiers (6-Bs) such as Whitebeard. Yeah, the OP characters still probably stomp, but the very fact that they share the same tier is kind of...well it's hard to believe that's for sure. now all that's left is for someone to disperse that storm so we can have High 6-A mha matching Luffy's bajrang gun
Only reason they stomp is cause OP supporters believe that One Piece skill stomps every other verse or some shit like that

Realistically they not all that, I’d take Shiggy over most top tiers in OP

Only reason they stomp is cause OP supporters believe that One Piece skill stomps every other verse or some shit like that

Realistically they not all that, I’d take Shiggy over most top tiers in OP
Shigaraki has Decay, Regeneration and the ability to fly. By that combo alone, he can take out the majority of One Piece's characters.

From what I can tell, the teleportation of that Quirk requires for the black goo to leave your mouth in sufficient quantities for it to engulf and teleport you. Shigaraki just closed his mouth and stopped the goo from emerging so this isn't a Resistance.
I reread the leaks and apparently AFO stated that Shigaraki’s consciousness is “too strong”, which explains why he can just.. close his mouth and why most other people can’t do so. Idk if it’s resistance worthy but we’ll see when officials drop

I reread the leaks and apparently AFO stated that Shigaraki’s consciousness is “too strong”, which explains why he can just.. close his mouth and why most other people can’t do so. Idk if it’s resistance worthy but we’ll see when officials drop

AFO says that cause he didn't know Shiggy overcame his control. He was still under the impression that his vestige was in control of Shiggy's body.

It seems like the gloop/mud warp needs to actually come out of the mouth for it to work and Shigaraki simply closed his mouth. We see his throat bulge exaggeratedly so if he didn't have superstrength/superdurability,the gloop would have simply forced itself out of his body

My theory has always been that in order to save Shigaraki, Deku will find a way to take one of the two copies of AFO during the inevitable vestige world clash, completing the cycle and awakening them which would give him white hair. I’m pretty sure both Quirks, if there is an awakening to be had, would only achieve it if they were working together.

I just realized: if 100% Deku can withstand the impact of his Quintuple Fa-Jin Gearshift attack (which we have listed at around 40 Teratons iirc) Wouldn’t that scale to his durability? Gear Shift and Fa-Jin do not amp durability and he did manage to withstand the power of such a strike

I just realized: if 100% Deku can withstand the impact of his Quintuple Fa-Jin Gearshift attack (which we have listed at around 40 Teratons iirc) Wouldn’t that scale to his durability? Gear Shift and Fa-Jin do not amp durability and he did manage to withstand the power of such a strike
Doesn’t his gear allow him to use strong attacks without taking damage?

I always assumed that his durability would be amped to match the ap of the attack.

They should definitely come with the right adaptations. Like Iida's quirk gives him a body that can withstand high speeds, that's a durability amp. So Gear Shift should have something similar.

Same for Fa Jin - it's a striking art and it should enhance whatever part is actually doing the striking.

Excellent chapter, seems like the fate of All Might and the direction the final battle is going to head in will be next chapter.

Nice to see Momo was fighting off Toga clones as well, however I was not expecting her to have machine guns and missiles coming out of her. I've seen fan art of her doing that but wasn't expecting to see it in the actual manga. Makes sense, can't really use something like that against real people.

Toga started doubling the instance after Kurogiri woke up, meaning it's been 30 to 40 minutes since that time. Which means Izuku and Shiggy have been in a stalemate for almost that same amount of time. Curious to see how exactly they've been fighting, though it was noted they were in close quarters.

Seems AFO's Gloop Warp can be resisted by closing your mouth. Interesting weakness, though you'd need to know what Gloop Warp is beforehand and have the strength to hold it back.

All Might answering Izuku's question in Chapter 1 is a very powerful moment. Also, Nana saying AFO will lose to All Might because he's crazier gave me some Chainsaw Man vibes. Choking the previous user of OFA seems to be a thing AFO does I guess. We've seen him do it to both the Second User and now Nana.

Heck, he did it to Bakugo as well when he was in control and he's a previous user as well.

Very curious to see how this all plays out. The next chapter (In two weeks) is going to be massive, not in terms of pages, but on its impact on the story.

He still withstood the recoil of that 10% punch in his base. Which is the point here. Flect only reflects attacks, he doesn't negate normal recoil . In fact, he can technically doubles the recoil you get which is why the reaction is so violent.

Also even with that logic, Izuku didn't have Full Cowl on as he was sliding away from the punch and slammed into the wall. Could easily be an animation error. In terms of his statement we know he turned it off right as he "hit" Flect with that punch. Regardless, him withstanding that recoil is a durability feat.

No. You realize Fa Jin would be useless on anyone who wasn't a stone wall if that was true? Which is absurd. Either Izuku's durability in his limbs get enhanced when using Fa Jin or it's just some other fictional reason we don't know.

seriously, the only thing that gives deku black whips is energy manipulation? we know that they are elastic and sticky and he uses them like a bunch of very large arms or tentacles.
I mean he uses them as a buffer against the damage to his bones.

Ah, because installing 60x Prime All Might, a belief that has been like 8 years in the making, wasn’t already controversial.

Alright, I’ll be there regardless so I hope it goes good.
One is a big mha speed upgrade and one is a deku durability upgrade /multiplier kinda. So yeah I feel like it's gonna bre pretty controversial

No. You realize Fa Jin would be useless on anyone who wasn't a stone wall if that was true? Which is absurd. Either Izuku's durability in his limbs get enhanced when using Fa Jin or it's just some other fictional reason we don't know.
Wouldn’t his gear allow him to use power that would normally harm him? Wouldn’t that allow him to endure some of this blow back?

Personally, the interpretation is that Deku is hurt by the one for all because it is a super-powerful energy that comes out violently from within, crushing every reason why the black whip is good cushioning.
while fa jin is a more external energy that explodes outside the body

Personally, the interpretation is that Deku is hurt by the one for all because it is a super-powerful energy that comes out violently from within, crushing every reason why the black whip is good cushioning.
while fa jin is a more external energy that explodes outside the body
This makes perfect sense

Back