• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I am not being offensive right now though nor am I insulting you. I just said your argument was hypocritical with actual evidence to it being hypocritical. If you refuse to argue against me then do so but if you fail to argue against my points with irrefutable logic then why would I consider myself in the wrong. Since the start of this debate you also were simply insisting on your point being true so how are you any better. And again I am not using shigrakis size I am using his size multiplied by 6 which is pretty generous. Even if I assumed it was 100 m in diameter or anything more than that it would still make the results incredibly lower. And it's just one method of many ways to scale this feat which are consistently a tier below the one you use.
“How am I being offensive, I’m not insulting you”

-> first ******* counter point was calling Rusty hypocritical as if he was the one making the calc while also assuming several things about his position and not even listening to him

Bro, you weren’t respectful in anyway, what are you saying.

And again I am not using shigrakis size I am using his size multiplied by 6 which is pretty generous.
You're just making a random assumption for no reason. I'm sorry but this site does not accept such reasoning. Just because you believe it should be his size multiplied by 6 and is generous assumption, meaning nothing for an actual calc. You pulled that reasoning from empty space.

Calling me a hypocritic multiple times is indeed an insult to me. You're either implying I'm stupid or I'm purposefully ignoring "facts" to fulfil my own bias. However the reality is that I have a different opinion than you. I'm truly sorry if that is rude in of itself, but that's just how I felt from reading your post.

This will be the last post I make in response to you. I know I said that last time, but I felt like this needed to be said.

Bro only comes in here to argue 😭
Oh come on bro I literally didn't want to he wanted to debate the topic💀💀💀

And sorry rusty if you felt insulted by it. Calling you hypocritical wasn't meant to be personal it was simply directed at your argument.

“This is my belief”

“I disagree with you and anyone that is aligned with you, this is my belief, you’re all stupid and easy to debunk.”

“Ok, here are my issues with your belief and why my belief is substantiated.”

“You’re such a hypocrite, my belief is superior, here is MY evidence.”

This conversation in a nutshell. Make an official blog of your pixel scaling or get in on the calc group discussion about the feat. You acting like you’re some kind of messiah for MHA by claiming clearly debatable things, while saying the work of other people is just “obviously wrong and easily refutable” is not painting a good picture of yourself, especially when you then insult people for attempting to argue back while misinterpreting their arguments.

“This is my belief”

“I disagree with you and anyone that is aligned with you, this is my belief, you’re all stupid and easy to debunk.”

“Ok, here are my issues with your belief and why my belief is substantiated.”

“You’re such a hypocrite, my belief is superior, here is MY evidence.”

This conversation in a nutshell. Make an official blog of your pixel scaling or get in on the calc group discussion about the feat. You acting like you’re some kind of messiah for MHA by claiming clearly debatable things, while saying the work of other people is just “obviously wrong and easily refutable” is not painting a good picture of yourself, especially when you then insult people for attempting to argue back while misinterpreting their arguments.
Bruh. Again I never called him stupid I just said the calculation was easily refutable. It is natural to want higher numbers for verses you like and even when trying to remain unbiased it often happens that you don't critically review some feats the same way you would normally do. It's not a personal attack. And calling his point hypocritical and actually proceeding to prove why some points like the clouds clearing the gap over time are hypocritical is not a personal attack. Every debate automatically consists of two or more sides with each side believing they are in the right. He also said my points were wrong and continued by giving his reasoning the same way I did. Me refuting his reasoning by pointing out a point where his logic doesn't add up is not an insult.

I didn't insult anyone dude and I am not claiming to be right on everything.

Bruh. Again I never called him stupid I just said the calculation was easily refutable. It is natural to want higher numbers for verses you like and even when trying to remain unbiased it often happens that you don't critically review some feats the same way you would normally do. It's not a personal attack. And calling his point hypocritical and actually proceeding to prove why some points like the clouds clearing the gap over time are hypocritical is not a personal attack. Every debate automatically consists of two or more sides with each side believing they are in the right. He also said my points were wrong and continued by giving his reasoning the same way I did. Me refuting his reasoning by pointing out a point where his logic doesn't add up is not an insult.

I didn't insult anyone dude and I am not claiming to be right on everything.
Buddy, your entire demeanor anytime you come into this general thread is “you guys are so dumb and easy to debunk.” How else are we even supposed to take your arguments? Everytime you’re here, it’s always “you guys are wanking” “you guys just want higher numbers” “your calcs are so easy to refute.”

So when you directly call someone a god damn hypocrite, out of nowhere and unprovoked, mind you, just because he said something you disagreed with, which wasn’t even correct because his belief wasn’t even what you thought it was, then no, I’m not gonna believe you when you say you’re “not being insulting.”

Buddy, your entire demeanor anytime you come into this general thread is “you guys are so dumb and easy to debunk.” How else are we even supposed to take your arguments? Everytime you’re here, it’s always “you guys are wanking” “you guys just want higher numbers” “your calcs are so easy to refute.”

So when you directly call someone a god damn hypocrite, out of nowhere and unprovoked, mind you, just because he said something you disagreed with, which wasn’t even correct because his belief wasn’t even what you thought it was, then no, I’m not gonna believe you when you say you’re “not being insulting.”
This just isn't true. I never called anyone stupid and when I think a calc is easy to refute then it is not a personal attack. This whole site is about arguing on power scaling but when I do it just simply against you and not in favor of you its toxic behaviour? Bro like 50% of the members participating in this discussion thread call me a troll or that I am biased against mha or that I always believe I am in the right when literally everyone who debates on a topic believes they are right on a topic. It's not a problem when you guys do it or what? I don't dislike mha in the slightest too. I am a big fan of the series I just prefer to stay objective when it comes to power scaling which is why I try to downgrade the calcs which I think are incorrect.

This just isn't true. I never called anyone stupid and when I think a calc is easy to refute then it is not a personal attack. This whole site is about arguing on power scaling but when I do it just simply against you and not in favor of you its toxic behaviour? Bro like 50% of the members participating in this discussion thread call me a troll or that I am biased against mha or that I always believe I am in the right when literally everyone who debates on a topic believes they are right on a topic. It's not a problem when you guys do it or what? I don't dislike mha in the slightest too. I am a big fan of the series I just prefer to stay objective when it comes to power scaling which is why I try to downgrade the calcs which I think are incorrect.
You’re directly calling any effort put into the calcs, into their discussion, as worthless. You’re saying anyone that “approved” the calcs are not as smart as you are.

You are putting yourself at a pedestal purely because you think yourself right and the site residents wrong.

Even now, you claim you’re being “objective” as if your opinion is the only correct one. Do you not see how narcissistic and narrow minded this view is? I don’t give a damn if you come in and say “I have an issue with this calc,” then make a thread or ask members around about it to clarify or challenge it.

What you do is just make a bunch of comments about how easy it is to debunk, how the calcs are wanked, how your way is just so much better, then don’t even drop anything to substantiate it. You are literally coming in, talking shit to the people making our calcs, then leaving to come back and do it again later. You might not see it that way but the fact that everyone else does should probably be and indicator that maybe you’re doing something wrong.

You want change? Do some god damn change then, stop talking about it like that’s gonna get you any favor or make your side any more believable. Make a thread, go to the calc group, make your own version, do LITERALLY ANYTHING other than just come into the general thread and talk trash about someone else’s work, then get shocked when people say you’re toxic.

I think we can't overlook the possibility that Horikoshi just... didn't include them because he's not a perfect artist.
We can't guess an author's intention here, so any number of reasonings for why they aren't visible is indeed possible.

It could be to show the sheer scale or maybe something else. I don't believe it's him making a mistake, since he's good with details. Showing the jets around the U.A. Fortress well before they made it to Izuku and we're told they were there. So many people missed them flying around the barrier.

But that's all I'll say on the matter.

You’re directly calling any effort put into the calcs, into their discussion, as worthless. You’re saying anyone that “approved” the calcs are not as smart as you are.

You are putting yourself at a pedestal purely because you think yourself right and the site residents wrong.

Even now, you claim you’re being “objective” as if your opinion is the only correct one. Do you not see how narcissistic and narrow minded this view is? I don’t give a damn if you come in and say “I have an issue with this calc,” then make a thread or ask members around about it to clarify or challenge it.

What you do is just make a bunch of comments about how easy it is to debunk, how the calcs are wanked, how your way is just so much better, then don’t even drop anything to substantiate it. You are literally coming in, talking shit to the people making our calcs, then leaving to come back and do it again later. You might not see it that way but the fact that everyone else does should probably be and indicator that maybe you’re doing something wrong.

You want change? Do some god damn change then, stop talking about it like that’s gonna get you any favor or make your side any more believable. Make a thread, go to the calc group, make your own version, do LITERALLY ANYTHING other than just come into the general thread and talk trash about someone else’s work, then get shocked when people say you’re toxic.
So what you are saying is that me disagreeing with any calc makes me disrespectful towards all the work that went into them. However you insist that my methods were wrong too. Is that not disrespecting me in the same way. Again disagreeing with someone is not in any way disrespectful and you are disagreeing with me the same way I disagree with you. I am not claiming to be objective I am claiming to try to be objective. Which I do try. I am nkt infallible and I know that. Stop trying to make me look like a narcisstic when I never insisted on being always right or being smarter than anyone.

I also literally make arguments and literally made pixel calcs to support my arguments. How is that me coming in telling everyone they are wrong then leaving. And how could you expect anyone to agree with me here when everyone in here is a fan of the series. Do you actually think people always remain unbiased towards their favorite series?
Again you also don't address me being insulted for having my own opinion on topics on every occasion. I didn't want to argue on that topic yet I was told to do that now

So what you are saying is that me disagreeing with any calc makes me disrespectful towards all the work that went into them. However you insist that my methods were wrong too. Is that not disrespecting me in the same way. Again disagreeing with someone is not in any way disrespectful and you are disagreeing with me the same way I disagree with you. I am not claiming to be objective I am claiming to try to be objective. Which I do try. I am nkt infallible and I know that. Stop trying to make me look like a narcisstic when I never insisted on being always right or being smarter than anyone.

I also literally make arguments and literally made pixel calcs to support my arguments. How is that me coming in telling everyone they are wrong then leaving. And how could you expect anyone to agree with me here when everyone in here is a fan of the series. Do you actually think people always remain unbiased towards their favorite series?
Again you also don't address me being insulted for having my own opinion on topics on every occasion. I didn't want to argue on that topic yet I was told to do that now
You are not understanding the difference between a disagreement and a bashing. When you claim something is easily refutable, you are being insulting. When you claim that the wiki is hypocritical or wanking, you are being insulting.

Literally ANYONE would be called on your behavior. They just don’t do that. When people have issues, they say “I have an issue,” or “this calc has an issue.” Not “This calc is so easily refutable” as their first god damn sentence.

You getting called toxic or a troll for your behavior, then not fixing it or explaining why you are not, is not a fault of mine or the wiki. Literally just make official blogs or posts about your issues and have ACTUAL GOD DAMN DISCUSSION ABOUT THEM WITH KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBERS.

You’re down here fighting in a general thread when you could just make a post in the Calc Group Thread, or hell, JOIN THE ONGOING THREAD THAT IS LITERALLY ABOUT THE CALC YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH.

When you have so many avenues to get your point across, and do not take any of them, electing to just sit back, speak up once or twice in a condescending manner, then leave, I can’t find myself having any strong feelings for your cause.

This topic is over, it is clear you and I do not have the same views on how you’re presenting yourself, and frankly, I don’t have any capacity to change that. If you want to continue debating the Star and Stripes calc, do so in the thread that’s literally about it. I will not ask you to change yourself, but do not be shocked by the responses you get if you continue.

2. Wrong according to what? Is it physically impossible now for cloud to have low cloud to ground distance? Characters can reach speeds faster than speed of light but this is unrealistic?
No it literally can’t because clouds at such a low distance would just be fog due to air density and stuff like that, but the display of them is that they clearly aren’t fog

Plus MHA doesn’t have FTL shenanigans so I don’t understand what was the point of the latter part of ur statement

Is “low gear” from Deku a specific technique to make him slower than first gear, or is it just a vague “lower gear” than whatever gear he was using before?

Shigaraki was lolblitzed by first gear, yet could seemingly react to Low Gear.

Ohh… Deku built up Fa Jin in Blackwhip by coiling it around his scarf repeatedly, like a snake… I think?

That sounds OP tho. Just constantly have Blackwhip coiling and building up Fa Jin, then whip people with Fa Jin Blackwhip or move that Fa Jin energy elsewhere.

Is “low gear” from Deku a specific technique to make him slower than first gear, or is it just a vague “lower gear” than whatever gear he was using before?

Shigaraki was lolblitzed by first gear, yet could seemingly react to Low Gear.
From Google, "What is Low Gear in a Car? Low gear, also known as first gear, is a mode on both manual transmissions and automatic vehicles, which restricts the amount of fuel injected into the engine. This mode helps to boost torque while decreasing engine speeds."

Everyone is arguing but personally I can't wait for my point that Faux 100% >> current Shigaraki to be proven right. I know it's coming.

Question: if the verse gets upgraded to Sub-rel would that affect Number 6 or Koichi in any ways?

Everyone is arguing but personally I can't wait for my point that Faux 100% >> current Shigaraki to be proven right. I know it's coming.
Aren’t they relatively equal though?

Faux 100% can injure Shigaraki, making him cough blood and sending him flying, but not enough damage to be debilitating (no broken bones or massive wounds), he got back up seconds later and talked big game.

Have people gaslit themselves into thinking simply turning on and using a quirk is some insane, titanous task that requires weeks of training to do so, just because Deku and Eri are outliers and not the norm?

His current Faux 100% is far superior to the one he showcased against Nagant, it's not like that's a suprise
I have already said it is my belief that if Deku uses more than 45%, Horikoshi will write it down just like he has always done. Especially since the last we checked, the compression gauntlets were only meant for 45%.

So I don't think Deku's Faux 100% right now is any different from what he has used before whether against Nagant or 1A. It has only been a week or two since those events in-universe after all.

Question: if the verse gets upgraded to Sub-rel would that affect Number 6 or Koichi in any ways?
They lack enough direct scaling to characters in the main verse. Even for those they have direct scaling to, it's characters from 3 years ago.

I feel like either Koichi or Overclock have to reappear in the main series (and specifically compete with the fast characters) to get scaled to those feats.

Since the anime confirms Deku only uses 45% for impact, even with the mid-gauntlets against Muscular, doesnt that confirm Dark Deku is still at 30-45% in his entire arc? 45% only for impacts.

I doubt he can use more than 45% even now, because then it wouldn’t be Faux 100%… it’d be Faux 110% or something, depending how high up from 45% he is.

Deku’s current appearance is probably just an art style change via rage boost + 45% in his entire body.

Back