• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We should note on AFO’s profile that he gets stronger using his quirks, so it should be formatted like this

Mountain level+ (Can clash with All Might and halt his strikes with brute force), higher with various Quirks (With the Ultimate Quirk Combination, he could draw blood from All Might and cause severe damage to him. Can launch All Might and injure him using the Air Cannon Combination, and overpower him using Rivet Stab)

Him scaling to All Might comes from various Quirks, we have no reason to assume any of his physical showings are not the result of Quirks. Since the surgery used to make the Nomu and Shigaraki as strong as All Might was not something AFO received. It was suppose to go to him, but he never got it.

The wording above makes it seem like his Quirkless strength is comparable to All Might. He didn't overpowered All Might either, since All Might was holding back for the majority of that fight. All For one even points out when All Might cancels out his Air Cannon Combination, that he still isn't going all out.

Mountain level+ with various Quirks (Able to match and injure All Might using his Air Cannon Combination, who is as durable as Shigaraki), higher with Ultimate Quirk Combination (Drew blood from All Might and caused severe damage to his right arm)

The wording could use some touch up, change it if you want. But various Quirks should likely be on all of his stats.

Speed, Lifting Strength, Striking Strength, and Durability.

We should note on AFO’s profile that he gets stronger using his quirks, so it should be formatted like this

Mountain level+ (Can clash with All Might and halt his strikes with brute force), higher with various Quirks (With the Ultimate Quirk Combination, he could draw blood from All Might and cause severe damage to him. Can launch All Might and injure him using the Air Cannon Combination, and overpower him using Rivet Stab)
I'm pretty sure he is clashing with All Might with quirks. Base AFO is just a regular human in-universe that can be restrained and even threatened by guns.

It might be possible for AFO to have mutant Quirks that enhance his physical strength without visibly altering his body structure.

Him scaling to All Might comes from various Quirks, we have no reason to assume any of his physical showings are not the result of Quirks. Since the surgery used to make the Nomu and Shigaraki as strong as All Might was not something AFO received. It was suppose to go to him, but he never got it.

The wording above makes it seem like his Quirkless strength is comparable to All Might. He didn't overpowered All Might either, since All Might was holding back for the majority of that fight. All For one even points out when All Might cancels out his Air Cannon Combination, that he still isn't going all out.

Mountain level+ with various Quirks (Able to match and injure All Might using his Air Cannon Combination, who is as durable as Shigaraki), higher with Ultimate Quirk Combination (Drew blood from All Might and caused severe damage to his right arm)

The wording could use some touch up, change it if you want. But various Quirks should likely be on all of his stats.

Speed, Lifting Strength, Striking Strength, and Durability.
Idk abt speed, since he can still dodge attacks from Edgeshot without him saying that he’s using a speed quirk, considering that he usually says he’s using enhancer quirks

When AFO clashes with All Might, it isn’t noted that he’s using any quirks. Typically AFO says he’s using quirks to amp his stats, and he usually talks about them in the open. That’s why I think his base should be comparable to All Might

That is not happening. He's using Quirks to be that strong.

Not unless you can provide proof he's using his own Quirkless strength? Him not yelling out a Quirk names is irrelevant, he doesn't have to spell it out for us.

There are multiple strength Quirk that don't change a person's body whatsoever. Weakened All Might level characters like the High-Ends are bullet proof, yet AFO is obviously threaten by the guns in Tartarus and couldn't escape without Shigaraki using Radio Waves to turn the security system off.

He'd get shot dead before he could use Radio Waves, since his brain waves are being monitored they'd know the second he think about doing it. Which also means he's slow as well, since AFO scales to All Might but would get shot dead before he could even use a Quirk. Or is this proof that All Might is slower than bullets?

Different topic.

I just realized that Shindo uses a sword because it fits with his Quirk. He can vibrate his sword at high speed to increase its cutting power. And we know Horikoshi is aware of vibrating swords as shown with Hawks' combo attack with Jirou. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but that would be a cool way of using his Quirk in battle.

Still got easily crushed by Muscular, but still the idea is really cool.

Idk abt speed, since he can still dodge attacks from Edgeshot without him saying that he’s using a speed quirk, considering that he usually says he’s using enhancer quirks
During the current war, it is noted that while AFO might have lost his eyes/ears, his combination of sensory quirks makes his perception/senses greater than actual human senses. He does have enhanced perception.

Is it viable to treat Hawks chipping away at AFO's mask and Tokoyami breaking whatever's left as AP feats?

I still believe Tokoyami should downscale from AFO’s mask, as it could withstand hits from All Might and although it was weakened, Tokoyami shattered it in one hit

Yeah, the problem's Hawks who only broke a small piece of the mask after hitting the same spot over and over with the last hit being enhanced by Jiro's vibration so wondering how yall gonna scale him

I swear to you all if that RWBY crt for light speed lasers goes through I’m going to spam Navel Laser is light speed CRT’s for the next month
I don't think it will happen, RWBY's laser seems to have some "logical" explanation and Naval Laser has not shown a single form of SOL

I don't think it will happen, RWBY's laser seems to have some "logical" explanation and Naval Laser has not shown a single form of SOL
The Navel Laser is accepted in every way to be made of light, the only thing people hate is the speed. Penny’s lasers similarly do not have any showings of SoL beyond being called lasers, nor are stated to be light speed.

Therefore, if that CRT is accepted, while the MHA one (which affects FAR less people) is rejected, I have an issue.

Toru specifically only is able to reflect light, and can reflect the Navel Laser, calling it light. I don’t care right now about the MHA scaling, but trust me when I say I will be annoying if the Penny scaling is given the OK.

Current light speed (or near it) things from MHA:

Navel Laser (Toru deflected it and Nine blocked it with his shield)
WHM lasers (They are clearly laser beams and not energy blasts, and the prior argument that Flect Turn’s Quirk was reflecting them is null cause his Quirk lets him reflect light)
Jet Lasers (we all know this)
Nagant Sub Rel bullets (Waiting confirmation in story on Nagant’s distance)

Again. I don’t care about light speed at all right now. I would prefer not using it. Just saying though.

The Navel Laser is accepted in every way to be made of light, the only thing people hate is the speed. Penny’s lasers similarly do not have any showings of SoL beyond being called lasers, nor are stated to be light speed.

Therefore, if that CRT is accepted, while the MHA one (which affects FAR less people) is rejected, I have an issue.

Toru specifically only is able to reflect light, and can reflect the Navel Laser, calling it light. I don’t care right now about the MHA scaling, but trust me when I say I will be annoying if the Penny scaling is given the OK.
It is more credible than MP100 Large Planet Level (4.0440548e+37)

WHM lasers (They are clearly laser beams and not energy blasts, and the prior argument that Flect Turn’s Quirk was reflecting them is null cause his Quirk lets him reflect light)
Jet Lasers (we all know this)
Nagant Sub Rel bullets (Waiting confirmation in story on Nagant’s distance)

Again. I don’t care about light speed at all right now. I would prefer not using it. Just saying though.
Good Point

What do you mean? Even Mina can dodge those lasers.

And you know that's not how it works, the only reason light speed lasers are even being considered as a genuine feat for the top tiers is because of Nagant's insane bullet speed.

What other verses do is none of our business.

WHM lasers (They are clearly laser beams and not energy blasts, and the prior argument that Flect Turn’s Quirk was reflecting them is null cause his Quirk lets him reflect)
Nine's invisible air shield blocking Aoyama's Navel Laser is kind of proof that it isn't 100% light. It's close to light and can be reflected by things that reflect light.

But nothing suggest it moves at light speed. Edit: Also Navel Saber. He's making his laser stay in mid air and form a saber shape.

The things in WHM are not lasers, not unless we have any reason to believe otherwise? There is no statement that calls them lasers and nothing points to them being beams of light and not just generic energy beams. An energy beam shot from some kind of futuristic technology should not instantly be considered as a laser.

The issue with Flect's "Mirrors" is that they reflects everything, which means it doesn't have to be light and it'll still be reflected. Flect can store the reflected energy inside of his technology and is shown to shot out blast of air from them to propel his strikes. But regardless, those things are never called lasers.

Last edited:
Idk how to explain but the WHM beams LOOK like they’re lightspeed. This obviously isn’t a criteria but if you look at how fast the beams traverse the screen, they are much faster than Aoyama’s laser AND even stuff like Nine’s generic energy beams

Idk how to explain but the WHM beams LOOK like they’re lightspeed. This obviously isn’t a criteria but if you look at how fast the beams traverse the screen, they are much faster than Aoyama’s laser AND even stuff like Nine’s generic energy beams
Their treated as actually fast, that’s why

Back