• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Man, I thought I cracked the code. When Deku is punching ShigAFO, he has his arm coated in Blackwhip for every hit. So I thought that would explain why his gauntlets survive 100% causes he’s literally bracing them and keeping them together.

But the Quintuple Smash doesn’t have Blackwhip, so logically they should have broken there (assuming, again, AM and the Second aren’t just completely wrong).

But then again, Deku has 0 reason to not go all out against AFO, and the Second, who stopped him from using 100%, was totally fine with him using Gear Shift, because it was go time. So he should be at 100%, but then his gauntlets should have broke. Maybe it can just take a couple hits? Like, with Fa Jin/Overdrive they instantly break, but 5 100% attacks they can withstand? Idk, because they also completely tanked Prime AM level attacks, so they’re tougher than the ones that Nagant one shot since even non-defense mode Shigaraki can tank her bullets.

So Nagant Bullets > OG Mid-Gauntlets > New Mid-Gauntlets > Evolved Shigaraki > Base Shigaraki > Nagant Bullets???

Why does Hori not just give us percentages, it’s hurting me.

Man, I thought I cracked the code. When Deku is punching ShigAFO, he has his arm coated in Blackwhip for every hit. So I thought that would explain why his gauntlets survive 100% causes he’s literally bracing them and keeping them together.

But the Quintuple Smash doesn’t have Blackwhip, so logically they should have broken there (assuming, again, AM and the Second aren’t just completely wrong).

But then again, Deku has 0 reason to not go all out against AFO, and the Second, who stopped him from using 100%, was totally fine with him using Gear Shift, because it was go time. So he should be at 100%, but then his gauntlets should have broke. Maybe it can just take a couple hits? Like, with Fa Jin/Overdrive they instantly break, but 5 100% attacks they can withstand? Idk, because they also completely tanked Prime AM level attacks, so they’re tougher than the ones that Nagant one shot since even non-defense mode Shigaraki can tank her bullets.

So Nagant Bullets > OG Mid-Gauntlets > New Mid-Gauntlets > Evolved Shigaraki > Base Shigaraki > Nagant Bullets???

The Gauntlets should just be scaled to Deku's 45% durability the same way his clothes and pretty much everything else on him is. We know for a fact they can't handle 100% OFA (heck even the Full Gauntlets could only handle 100% 3 times).

The Gauntlets are compression gauntlets, they aren't a defensive weapon.

Also current Shigaraki's body clearly isn't evenly durable. His head tanked a bullet head on and it shattered. Didn't even draw blood yet his arms were taken clean off. Considering he never had this kind of split durability before, it probably has to do with his present condition considering he just spawned a new torso altogether.

don't think of the clothes as another character.

An author can forget the type of scaling of his characters in itself, now imagine with clothes.

I mean, do you really think that Goku's pants on Namek are quintillions of times stronger than his shirt even if it's made of the same material? material that a kami-sama weaker than raddits could make?

The Gauntlets should just be scaled to Deku's 45% durability the same way his clothes and pretty much everything else on him is. We know for a fact they can't handle 100% OFA (heck even the Full Gauntlets could only handle 100% 3 times).

The Gauntlets are compression gauntlets, they aren't a defensive weapon.

Also current Shigaraki's body clearly isn't evenly durable. His head tanked a bullet head on and it shattered. Didn't even draw blood yet his arms were taken clean off. Considering he never had this kind of split durability before, it probably has to do with his present condition considering he just spawned a new torso altogether.
Issue with the gauntlets not being a defense weapon, is that they withstood not only an evolved Shigaraki Prime AM punch dead on and didn’t break, but they also survived a Quintuple Detroit Smash from Deku. They are demonstrably stronger than the Full Gauntlet by feats if we assume Deku is at 100% when he pummeled ShigAFO, which we have 0 reason to doubt he should be other than the gauntlets not breaking.

don't think of the clothes as another character.

An author can forget the type of scaling of his characters in itself, now imagine with clothes.

I mean, do you really think that Goku's pants on Namek are quintillions of times stronger than his shirt even if it's made of the same material? material that a kami-sama weaker than raddits could make?
I don’t worry about clothes, Deku’s shoes have survived literally everything.

I am just confused about the piece of equipment that is constantly talked about being breakable, and has been shown to be capable of being broken, somehow being much much stronger than prior despite being stated to be not as good as before.

The Mid Gauntlets aren’t the same as Deku’s outfit which can survive everything because “yes.” The Mid Gauntlets are equipment that is said numerous times to be breakable at 100%, yet here it is not breaking at seemingly 100%.

Izuku states before he hits Shigaraki with another Overdrive that he was going all out/not holding anything back.

With the line of 100% becomes 120%, I admit it does seem like Izuku might be using 100% in those moments. It's entirely possible Horikoshi just stopped caring or has some damn good explanation on why his equipment is capable of handling all of this force. Especially when he was very consistent with it beforehand.

The Air Force gauntlets were always destroyed whenever Izuku used 100%, if he's using 100% here then this is the first time they didn't just shatter to pieces. Either Hatsume really upped her game here, or there is an explanation for why they can withstand this large amount of force.

That's not even getting into Hatsume's gauntlets being inferior to the Mid-Gauntlets, which are inferior to the Full-Gauntlet. I do believe Izuku's percentage will be revealed, regardless of it being 100% or not. If we don't get any percentage statement, and Izuku is still going all out. We'll just say he's using 100%.

Ah, am late for the question i want to ask but am just gonna ask anyways. How did you guys get a time frame from nagant shooting shigi? I also heard that nagant shot shigaraki like 3 times or something, is that also true?

Am just curious because comicvine don't think any given time frame could come out from said feat, and am also very curious on how you guys got your own time frame.

Izuku states before he hits Shigaraki with another Overdrive that he was going all out/not holding anything back.

With the line of 100% becomes 120%, I admit it does seem like Izuku might be using 100% in those moments. It's entirely possible Horikoshi just stopped caring or has some damn good explanation on why his equipment is capable of handling all of this force. Especially when he was very consistent with it beforehand.

The Air Force gauntlets were always destroyed whenever Izuku used 100%, if he's using 100% here then this is the first time they didn't just shatter to pieces. Either Hatsume really upped her game here, or there is an explanation for why they can withstand this large amount of force.

That's not even getting into Hatsume's gauntlets being inferior to the Mid-Gauntlets, which are inferior to the Full-Gauntlet. I do believe Izuku's percentage will be revealed, regardless of it being 100% or not. If we don't get any percentage statement, and Izuku is still going all out. We'll just say he's using 100%.
I think it should be noted why Izuku's gear from his sleeves to gauntlets to gloves get destroyed at 100%. Even his shoes back in the day.

The destruction comes from within his body the same way his bones get shattered. It is not a result of external force. Basically his gloves, costume, etc get ripped apart from the power coming from within Deku's body, not the strength of his strikes.

Right now even if he hits with Faux 100% or max output 120% with gear shift, his OFA percentage has not been clarified to go beyond 45%. The strength of the hits isn't what destroys the gear or even his costume, it is the percentage of OFA that he uses that damages them.

Ah, am late for the question i want to ask but am just gonna ask anyways. How did you guys get a time frame from nagant shooting shigi? I also heard that nagant shot shigaraki like 3 times or something, is that also true?

Am just curious because comicvine don't think any given time frame could come out from said feat, and am also very curious on how you guys got your own time frame.
I think people used the second bullet that hit Shiggy's head dropping. By the time Nagant shoots a third bullet, the second bullet that hit Shiggy in the head still hasn't dropped beyond his chin from his temple.

Issue with the gauntlets not being a defense weapon, is that they withstood not only an evolved Shigaraki Prime AM punch dead on and didn’t break, but they also survived a Quintuple Detroit Smash from Deku. They are demonstrably stronger than the Full Gauntlet by feats if we assume Deku is at 100% when he pummeled ShigAFO, which we have 0 reason to doubt he should be other than the gauntlets not breaking.

I don’t worry about clothes, Deku’s shoes have survived literally everything.

I am just confused about the piece of equipment that is constantly talked about being breakable, and has been shown to be capable of being broken, somehow being much much stronger than prior despite being stated to be not as good as before.

The Mid Gauntlets aren’t the same as Deku’s outfit which can survive everything because “yes.” The Mid Gauntlets are equipment that is said numerous times to be breakable at 100%, yet here it is not breaking at seemingly 100%.
I don't think Izuku is using 100% at all. Otherwise even Faux 100% would have gotten a power up. He wouldn't even need gear shift to go beyond 100% if he simply used Faux 100% with a higher combo than 45%.

The Gauntlets and basically every gear on him are meant to control OFA's power. They break from OFA. I think it's pretty clear that it's isn't the strength or impact of hits that breaks not just Deku's gear but himself.

Deku gets injured by OFA and it is the same for the gauntlets and even gloves heck even his sleeves. It's like OFA's energy bursting out which causes all the damage. Whether it's Faux 100% or the current 120%, as long as they don't use 100% OFA, neither Deku nor his gear are gonna get damaged.

I was just speaking in general... But personally don't think Izuku is at 100%, I feel like Horikoshi should make that a much bigger deal than what we've gotten.

But I can't say what I think is true. The only real answer to this question is to wait and see.

However if Izuku never states his percentage and the series ends, we'll have no choice but to assume he's using 100%. But I doubt it's going to be so vague.

Note: I've seen some people think he's using 50%, I at least think he can't be lower than 50%... Imagine it's revealed he is still using 45%.

Last edited:

Nagant can't see the future. She has to be reacting to when she see Shiggy starting to move, since moments before he was frozen and couldn't move.

She shoots him three times. The first two shots happen at the same time, she takes his right hand off and he is shot in the head at the same time. While he's still staggering from the first shot and while the bullet hasn't even fallen below his head, she fires again and removes his left hand.

That's three shots in total. The timeframes are all reasonable assumptions, there is no 100% way of finding a timeframe in any kind of manga. For obvious reasons.

Not without a timer or stated timeframe that is. The timeframe isn't the big question here, it's the distance. Which I think has a high chance of being closer than we think.

Back