• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

MHA as of late:
cover2.jpg

The Paranormal Liberation War Arc and the Villain Hunt/Tartarus Escapees Arc now have official names:

And thank god, PLW Arc name was way too long and Black Hero Arc is much than "Tartarus Escapees Arc" which is being used on the Mha wiki (seriously it sucks, the Tartarus Escapees are not even the main focus, but Deku himself).

This makes me wonder if we should rename "Dark Deku" to "Black Deku", I think the later sounds better and matches with the name of the arc.

And thank god, PLW Arc name was way too long and Black Hero Arc is much than "Tartarus Escapees Arc" which is being used on the Mha wiki (seriously it sucks, the Tartarus Escapees are not even the main focus, but Deku himself).

As the guy who helped come up with the name for that arc, I'm a little biased... but the arc does revolve pretty heavily around many of the characters who escaped from Tartarus.... Muscular, All For One, Lady Nagant, Overhaul, Stain, Dictator...

"Black Hero arc" is nice but I think you can see why that is unlikely to come up as a fanmade name. It's pretty difficult as fans to come up with names that make sense for the arcs and won't look out of place on the wiki pages.

The Paranormal Liberation War Arc and the Villain Hunt/Tartarus Escapees Arc now have official names:

This makes me wonder if we should rename "Dark Deku" to "Black Deku", I think the later sounds better and matches with the name of the arc.

Deku Black is real lol

To this day I still don't see AFO-Shigaraki having 100% Deku level speed. The gap between Faux 100% and 45% is massive. It's like heaven and earth. 45% without Danger Sense is slower than Nagant's ordinary bullets while Faux 100% is faster than her strongest form.

On the other hand Shigaraki doesn't really have any huge gap between him and any other characters he was facing. Sure he was faster to some extent but only marginally. He seems just around the same ballpark he was in war arc speed-wise.

All the guy has is mostly statements but no concrete speed feats. He would have to keep up with Deku first before I buy he is that fast considering let alone Gear Shift, when Deku arrived he still landed three attacks on AFO-Shiggy without the latter being able to defend even even once when staring right at Deku. This was before Deku even activated Gear Shift.

To this day I still don't see AFO-Shigaraki having 100% Deku level speed. The gap between Faux 100% and 45% is massive. It's like heaven and earth. 45% without Danger Sense is slower than Nagant's ordinary bullets while Faux 100% is faster than her strongest form.

On the other hand Shigaraki doesn't really have any huge gap between him and any other characters he was facing. Sure he was faster to some extent but only marginally. He seems just around the same ballpark he was in war arc speed-wise.

All the guy has is mostly statements but no concrete speed feats. He would have to keep up with Deku first before I buy he is that fast considering let alone Gear Shift, when Deku arrived he still landed three attacks on AFO-Shiggy without the latter being able to defend even even once when staring right at Deku. This was before Deku even activated Gear Shift.
Tomura’s speed is really weird like he and the High End Nomu are clearly fast but they never whip out the blitzing AM and Deku pull.

Tomura’s speed is really weird like he and the High End Nomu are clearly fast but they never whip out the blitzing AM and Deku pull.
Because he isn't fighting people he can blitz... Well once again I point to Shiggy almost, kind of, somewhat, blitzing them when he got serious.

But yeah the people he's fighting are just fast enough that he can't perception blitz them, simple as that. Unless there is proof that they aren't that fast for some reason?

Because he isn't fighting people he can blitz... Well once again I point to Shiggy almost, kind of, somewhat, blitzing them when he got serious.

But yeah the people he's fighting are just fast enough that he can't perception blitz them, simple as that. Unless there is proof that they aren't that fast for some reason?
So all these people have better perception than Nagant?

So all these people have better perception than Nagant?
I don't know, and that doesn't matter regardless. In terms of perception, which is seeing not reacting, nothing implied Nagant couldn't see Faux 100% move.

She just couldn't react against it. But we didn't get a statement saying she couldn't see him move. I don't get people thinking reaction blitz = perception blitz.

Unless you have a statement that says these characters are slower than Nagant in reaction and combat speed. Or is this just a personal belief?

Wasn't Deku using Fajin?
I don't remember Izuku using Fa Jin to blitz Shiggy. He had him restrained and hit him while he was off guard. Though 45% + Fa Jin + Blackwhip equals Faux 100%. Izuku's percentage is without a doubt higher. Which means his "Faux 100%" is going to be faster than it was against Nagant.

Izuku blitz Shiggy with Gear Shift, with even Shiggy stating it was faster than his Fa Jin. Gear Shift > Fa Jin by a large amount in terms of speed.

Iirc when he first arrived at UA via the jets and was staring down Shigaraki, he used Fajin+Black whip to blitz and kick Shigaraki into the electric barrier
I literally said that in my comment, it's not a blitz. Nothing stated he couldn't react to him or couldn't see him.

He was restrained and Izuku hit him. So let me get this straight, if you hit someone that means you blitz them? Strange world this is turning into.

I literally said that in my comment, it's not a blitz. Nothing stated he couldn't react to him or couldn't see him.

He was restrained and Izuku hit him. So let me get this straight, if you hit someone that means you blitz them? Strange world this is turning into.
I see, i have a hard time distinguishing between outpacing vs blitzing. My bad

No leaks tonight sudden 2 week break.
Forgot to talk about this. But yes Horikoshi's health has called for another sudden break. I really hope nothing bad is happening or will happen to him.

And I can only pray that he isn't getting flak for this by any higher ups or fans and will take care of himself. I don't know if more breaks will help him, since it's possible for people to feel more stressed/pressured to complete something. I know the industry for manga authors isn't great. But I still hope he takes the time he needs.

Unfortunately all I can do is pray that Horikoshi won't push himself too hard and stay in good health.

I think you are mixing the events of 2 chapters up. When Izuku first arrives he does NOT restrain Shigaraki. He holds onto 2 pillars with Black Whip then kicks Shigaraki. That chapter ends that way and for that kick, Deku and Shigaraki were looking right at each other and the latter could not dodge.

In the next chapter, Deku wraps up Shigaraki with Black Whip then kicks him twice (we have 2 smash effects) which is when Shigaraki bounces and hits the electric barrier.

Nah, Deku hit Shiggy two different times, the first one he didn't really restrained Shigaraki, you can see the two Smash effects overlapping after the second kick.

Nah, Deku hit Shiggy two different times, the first one he didn't really restrained Shigaraki.
And Shiggy wasn't expecting him to just suddenly be there. That's not a blitz that just him being fast enough to land a hit on him. Which is my point. Him being faster, not faster, or how much faster. I'm not going to discuss that, as I have no strong feelings on it. But that was not a blitz, that's all.

We at least know that Shiggy could see him, only with Gear Shift did he fail to track him. Shiggy wouldn't have been shocked if he was already blitzed beforehand.

And Shiggy wasn't expecting him to just suddenly be there. That's not a blitz that just him being fast enough to land a hit on him.
That's okay, not arguing against that.

Among other things, can I change Dark Deku to Black Deku or not? Which one is better?

I don't know for sure, but I've heard that "Dark" and "Black" is almost the same thing anyway in Japanese so it doesn't make much difference. I think that sticking with "Dark Deku" is a bit better though than labelling him Black, haha.

I'm pretty sure the actual name revealed when his figure came out was "Deku Black".

I know placing the color before the name sounds better but it's basically after the name.

Longer than 2? Or is someone planning another revision?
You should take your time, I want to revise the low-tier lifting strength feats, Base Deku swinging a 800-kilogram steel plate should give better results than just Class 1.

And Shinso pulling apart a metal pipe should give much better results than Class 5.

I just realized how scary mr. Compress on trigger would be.

he’d be able to compress his enemies without even touching them, like Telekinesis

if he wanted to, decapitate a ton of enemies.

anyway shigaraki is awakened so I see no point in describing what awakened shigaraki on trigger would be like

You should take your time, I want to revise the low-tier lifting strength feats, Base Deku swinging a 800-kilogram steel plate should give better results than just Class 1.
Yeah even base swinging speed gets that to 1 ton
And Shinso pulling apart a metal pipe should give much better results than Class 5.
I think you only did it as if he pulled one of them? When he pulled apart two

Back