• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

In case it wasn't clear with the kudos, Jeanist being 8-B is fine with me.

Should Mirko and Re-Destro have another key for their current selves? Mirko and Re-Destro have lost some limbs, which gives them weakness they didn't have before. Currently both Mirko and Re-Destro are mentioning their prosthetic limbs on their profiles, heck Re-Destro is even in his weakness section.

I feel like that's a bit weird, since it never has any barring. Either they need a new key for their current selves, or the mention of their prosthetic limbs should be removed. The reason I'm suggesting keys is them becoming "weaker" by gaining new weakness and limitations. But their own physical stats haven't changed at all.

I'm uncertain of what to do about it in the future. Wanted to ask this now.

I really don't see the point of adding another key when they have prosthetics that allow them to fight just as well as they did before they lost those body parts.

Man, I wish I had Volume W. Apparently, according to a Reddit comment I read, Flect Turn is blind, because his quirk reflects light, and he has lenses in his eye sockets that let him see by not reflecting light.

I don't really see any point when they have prosthetic limbs that allows them to fight just as well as before they lost their body parts.
Not really? Re-Destro and Mirko's limbs are weaker and break very easily in a fight. Which is very a big weakness. Mirko hasn't even kicked with her new leg, doubt it'd survive the recoil.

Last edited:
Not really? Re-Destro and Mirko's limbs are weaker and break very easily in a fight. Which is very a big weakness. Mirko hasn't even kicked with her new leg, doubt it'd survive the recoil.
Re-Destro's first prosthetics broke because they weren't made for combat, we don't know how Edgeshot destroyed the other ones, and if he is able to destroy Re-Destro's actual limbs as well.

Unknown about Mirko's leg prosthetics, it seems to be able to take the force of her movements.

I think Shindo should scale to “At most 7-A

He could deteriorate Muscular’s muscle fibers with his Tremoring Earth, which could essentially no-sell a 100% strike from S3 Deku.

He could also somewhat withstand getting crushed by Muscular, although he did end up losing consciousness after Muscular bulked up

Re-Destro's first prosthetics broke because they weren't made for combat, we don't know how Edgeshot destroyed the other ones, and if he is able to destroy Re-Destro's actual limbs as well.

Unknown about Mirko's leg prosthetics, it seems to be able to take the force of her movements.
When was it stated that his prosthetics broke because they weren't made for combat?

Mirko's prosthetic breaks rather easily, both her leg and arm prosthetics shatter to pieces from a single hit against Shigaraki's growth. That's very fragile to me.

Unless he flings that thing up into space in the span of 1 frame, I doubt that's going to give any kind of good results.

Also Muscular wasn't at full power when attacking Shindo, we know he holds back to "play" with people. He's using more than he did against 5% Izuku, but he was still not going all out, as shown when he bulked up. It's an assumption to say the power he was using was still comparable to his full power.

We're going with the lower assumption to be safe.

When was it stated that his prosthetics broke because they weren't made for combat?
I was mistaken, Re-Destro only said he wanted another prosthetics, though they look visible different.
Mirko's prosthetic breaks rather easily, both her leg and arm prosthetics shatter to pieces from a single hit against Shigaraki's growth. That's very fragile to me.
Still, adding a new key for a character that was horribly crippled seems a bit weird to me, and it's the only change they have, so it's not like we are adding more useful information to the profile.

Unless we have a reason to believe Mirko got stronger during these sagas?

A key for being weaker isn't unreasonable, we do it for All Might. Though they got weaker in a different sense, they aren't physically weaker but gained a weakness.

However I stated I'm also find with not giving them a new key and just removing the mention of their prosthetics.

Since there's no point in having them there if they don't actually affect the profile. I mean we can mention the loss limbs for stamina or endurance reasons.

Also Muscular wasn't at full power when attacking Shindo, we know he holds back to "play" with people. He's using more than he did against 5% Izuku, but he was still not going all out, as shown when he bulked up. It's an assumption to say the power he was using was still comparable to his full power.
Muscular looks like he has the same amount of fibers from when he pumped up his muscles after seeing Deku’s first 100% smash in their first fight. Although not his absolute peak, there are a few notable feats like when he fragmented an entire cliffside with a single punch, which we could scale Shindo to

Muscular looks like he has the same amount of fibers from when he pumped up his muscles after seeing Deku’s first 100% smash in their first fight. Although not his absolute peak, there are a few notable feats like when he fragmented an entire cliffside with a single punch, which we could scale Shindo to
We can't base this based on visuals. We know he's weaker than his full power and was just playing around, he even said beforehand let's play.

Especially when Muscular breaking that cliff was his full power, he stated he was done playing with him before doing that. Also that cliff feat is like 8-C at best.

We can't base this based on visuals. We know he's weaker than his full power and was just playing around, he even said beforehand let's play.

Especially when Muscular breaking that cliff was his full power, he stated he was done playing with him before doing that. Also that cliff feat is like 8-C at best.
How about Shindo’s durability still scaling considering that he withstood Muscular crushing him when he fully bulked up, although he was knocked unconscious?

How about Shindo’s durability still scaling considering that he withstood Muscular crushing him when he fully bulked up, although he was knocked unconscious?
He wasn't crushing him with his full power, he was starting to and Izuku stopped him before he probably ripped him in two.

Nothing suggest he got hit with 7-A+ level of power. Muscular was just about to kill him and was stopped before he could.

I wonder if it was worth mentioning 45% Deku kicking Muscular away from Shindo in his profile?

I wonder if it was worth mentioning 45% Deku kicking Muscular away from Shindo in his profile?
He was weakened, though he was still at full power and his muscle hadn't come apart yet.

He also just sent him flying, he didn't appear to be damaged either. Hm, I'm uncertain about it. That's all I'll say about it.

Should this be noted for Deku’s 100%:

“Easily shattered Lady Nagant’s rifle arm with a single punch, which could withstand the force of injuring 45%”

I mean, the comment sorta makes sense a little?

Not the fact that it has a morning sky background, because that was the case in the manga too.
But the fact that Bones basically just copy-pastes the same sky background all the time.
There can be a lot of variations for it, and it's completely possible to choose a color palette for a morning sky that fits a somber tone. We saw Bones already do a dawn sky when All For One escaped, and that was quite different and nicely colored, like a juxtaposition of a new dawn being for the ultimate evil.

There are fanarts of that manga panel colored and still have a blue sky, but using different shades of blue that made it more somber.

It is a nitpick, and it's not the end of the world, and MHA fans are overreacting as usual. But it's not exactly an unfounded remark, and especially with the comparisons with the OP version where everything was better than the actual episode. (It will be fixed in the BD though).

I mean, the comment sorta makes sense a little?

Not the fact that it has a morning sky background, because that was the case in the manga too.
But the fact that Bones basically just copy-pastes the same sky background all the time.
There can be a lot of variations for it, and it's completely possible to choose a color palette for a morning sky that fits a somber tone. We saw Bones already do a dawn sky when All For One escaped, and that was quite different and nicely colored, like a juxtaposition of a new dawn being for the ultimate evil.

There are fanarts of that manga panel colored and still have a blue sky, but using different shades of blue that made it more somber.

It is a nitpick, and it's not the end of the world, and MHA fans are overreacting as usual. But it's not exactly an unfounded remark, and especially with the comparisons with the OP version where everything was better than the actual episode. (It will be fixed in the BD though).

yh7uq4carqy91.jpg

I mean it's true that MHA's skies have always looked bland/boring not to mention overused to boot. But that's not really something to make a fuss out of, Twitter just overreacting as usual

Edit: if anything, the "dirty" splotchy background is worse imo. Somebody please use some Clorox for God sake

Last edited:
Back