• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Not all explosions destroyed buildings and I think we dont follow what is most often in the series, but only what is shown in the feat itself

I could be wrong tho

Not all explosions destroyed buildings and I think we dont follow what is most often in the series, but only what is shown in the feat itself

I could be wrong tho
Even Bakugo's smallest explosions can destroy Villain Bots that can break through reinforced concrete completely undamaged.

All important calcs related to Bakugo's explosions are either airburst calculations or where we can see considerable amounts of rock being destroyed.

Thats the point. I don't know if we use what is more common in the series or just what is shown in the feat. But I really don't believe we should use 20 PSI for any explosion, especially as most show a very small level of destruction despite the size

Small levels of destruction? Bakugo's explosions during the Sports Festival pulverized at least 3 tons of Uraraka's meteor shower and collapsed hundreds if not thousands of tons of ice from Shoto's ice wall.

During the third movie his largest explosion shattered the mountainside and the fireball can be seen breaking up the rocky ground as it approaches the front of the screen.

Small levels of destruction? Bakugo's explosions during the Sports Festival pulverized at least 3 tons of Uraraka's meteor shower and collapsed hundreds if not thousands of tons of ice from Shoto's ice wall.
This is not a proof that every explosion must use 20 PSI. There are some that don't even destroy the ground; would you use 20 PSI in this case? (A feat that we currently calculate as High 8-C)

What I am saying is that each explosion feat should be analyzed case by case, and not make 20 PSI the definitive value for any attack
During the third movie his largest explosion shattered the mountainside and the fireball can be seen breaking up the rocky ground as it approaches the front of the screen.
Okay?

This is not a proof that every explosion must use 20 PSI. There are some that don't even destroy the ground; would you use 20 PSI in this case? (A feat that we currently calculate as High 8-C)

What I am saying is that each explosion feat should be analyzed case by case, and not make 20 PSI the definitive value for any attack
Agreed. We should analyze each explosion feat carefully and determine the PSI by how much damage the explosion caused.

I can try and find an actual value for the rocks if you'd like?
It's literally the size of a small nuclear blast why tf would it not use at LEAST 20 psi

I listed those explosions precisely because those are the ones we are currently using for our ratings.
We used this one, which the best thing it did was fragment concrete. I know you are using the airburst method, but I honestly don't see why. The epicenter of the explosion is Bakugou's hand. Its not an explosion created in mid-air. Baku's hand would be the "ground" in this case

As well this one. Apparently there is only concrete being fragmented
This one, that as far as I can see, there is no destruction
And this, where Bakugou just destroyed ice

Probably theres more, idk
It's literally the size of a small nuclear blast why tf would it not use at LEAST 20 psi
Tell me, where the **** did I talk about this specific feat? Never have said that Bakugou can't create explosions with 20 PSI

Last edited:
I just assumed ofa AP was much higher than it’s durability.
idk, the idea of the OFA percentages isn't presented as a point where Deku can support his own strength without breaking? How does that work if we assume that Deku's resistance at 8% is lower than his own AP ?

I mean, even if we ignore Deku, Mirio easily defeated Kirishima, who can take hits from people as strong as him (Tetsuo), and he also breaks walls in that arc.

Well, I don’t think ofa is a durability enhancer and I do believe it’s Ap is higher than Deku’s durability (for some percentages). Deku when reflected with his own power was destroyed. Like, fibers being ripped apart and everything. If he was truly capable of withstanding that power with no damage, that wouldn’t have happened.
Just my opinion though.

Well, I don’t think ofa is a durability enhancer and I do believe it’s Ap is higher than Deku’s durability (for some percentages). Deku when reflected with his own power was destroyed. Like, fibers being ripped apart and everything. If he was truly capable of withstanding that power with no damage, that wouldn’t have happened.
Just my opinion though.
“The movie” Yeah, show me this happening in the manga. Deku was ******** himself from a falling steel plate 💀
Bro pick a stance

So Tsu isn’t dead, Toga just took her goggles. They were kinda gonna beat Toga even if she took the Twice blood, but the Kurogiri portal came in clutch. Now we’re at the Endeavor battlefield with a bunch of clones, looking pretty bleak. She’s gunning for Hawks, he might be going down lads.

Ochako is launched into the portal by Tsu, so she’s going to be fighting Toga-Twice, AFO and Dabi with Endeavor, Hawks, Jiro and Tokoyami. She better get that Quirk awakening quick cause she ain’t doing shit to literally all of the hardest hitters for the villains being here except Shigaraki and Machia.

Also Gang Orca hurt the Near High End. Cool.

I can try and find an actual value for the rocks if you'd like?
That's sounds good, though an old calc group member got like 2 tons of TNT using that method.
We used this one, which the best thing it did was fragment concrete.
That's violent fragmentation at minimum, and most likely pulverization given the amount of dust and the small size of the fragments.
I know you are using the airburst method, but I honestly don't see why. The epicenter of the explosion is Bakugou's hand. Its not an explosion created in mid-air. Baku's hand would be the "ground" in this case.
But ground burst explosions don't work like that, the explosion has to push against a surface for this formula to be used. Bakugo would need to aim at the ground and fire his explosion there.
As well this one. Apparently there is only concrete being fragmented.
It's made of rock and unlike buildings, the ground is not hollow, so we could probably get similar if not greater results if we calculated the size of the crater it left.
This one, that as far as I can see, there is no destruction
And this, where Bakugou just destroyed ice.
You could make an argument for the Zero Point Bot one, but Bakugo collapsed thousand of tons of ice, which would weight more than many urban buildings.

I like the fact that you answered me the very moment I went online
That's violent fragmentation at minimum, and most likely pulverization given the amount of dust and the small size of the fragments.
No, its violent fragmentation. Pieces of concrete are still visible
But ground burst explosions don't work like that, the explosion has to push against a surface for this formula to be used. Bakugo would need to aim at the ground and fire his explosion there.
So why doesn't every explosion created by Bakugou are airburst? If Bakugou aims upward, its airburst, but if he aims forward, its groundburst. What is the logic? In all cases, no matter the direction, the epicenter will be Bakugou's hand, who is fixed on the ground

By the same logic, any explosion created in buildings must use airburst method
It's made of rock and unlike buildings, the ground is not hollow, so we could probably get similar if not greater results if we calculated the size of the crater it left.
Fragmenting rock is not 20 PSI
but Bakugo collapsed thousand of tons of ice, which would weight more than many urban buildings.
Definitely not, especially considering that explosions generate heat, which would help in the destruction

Back