• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

One For All 100% 2nd Ammendment Smash!
Q2RGRUs.jpg

So, just read the new chapter. IMO, it's pretty good. I really like how Horikoshi is actively pushing the worse case scenario, even saying as much himself. It doesnt seem like the fight had progressed much from the last time we saw Toga vs Uraraka and Froppy.

Also, the jet lasers don't seem to have any force, but sadly no one still reacts or anything like that. Hoping for a SoL statement before the series ends with Deku being faster with at least Gear Shift.

Will really like if all the villains are in a single place. Maybe we will have a Madara vs Shinobi alliance type of fight for Deku. nah that's too cool, horikoshi could never

Overall a solid chapter and I like Horikoshis direction so far. Hoping for more AP or Speed feats though.

So, just read the new chapter. IMO, it's pretty good. I really like how Horikoshi is actively pushing the worse case scenario, even saying as much himself. It doesnt seem like the fight had progressed much from the last time we saw Toga vs Uraraka and Froppy.

Also, the jet lasers don't seem to have any force, but sadly no one still reacts or anything like that. Hoping for a SoL statement before the series ends with Deku being faster with at least Gear Shift.

Will really like if all the villains are in a single place. Maybe we will have a Madara vs Shinobi alliance type of fight for Deku. nah that's too cool, horikoshi could never

Overall a solid chapter and I like Horikoshis direction so far. Hoping for more AP or Speed feats though.
“Lasers don’t have force” damn it sure would suck if that was one of the main arguments for them not being light speed now wouldn’t it. Almost like they’re literal god damn lasers from technology used to burn things. Crazy.

“Lasers don’t have force” damn it sure would suck if that was one of the main arguments for them not being light speed now wouldn’t it. Almost like they’re literal god damn lasers from technology used to burn things. Crazy.
Tbf I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't burn suddenly and would have force. Horikoshi seems to write what he thinks is cool, so if it suddenly created a giant explosion or pushed back humans or started having inconsistent speed I would be disappointed but understand. Hell, maybe the jets are so futuristic they can Hve modes where they specifically push back targets or explodes. But that's seems unlikely.

I remember how that was literally the only thing people were saying that contradicted lightspeed MHA lasers LMAO

“tHe lAsErS pUsHeD sHiGaRaKi” no

Did they push back Shigaraki? I don't remember and don't plan to read the series again until it ends. But, I do remember it landing weirdly on Star before she caught it. Maybe the lasers were just weirdly big in that scene? Idk

Well yeah, I don't remember that either and didn't say they did (just clearing that up), but the way they hit Star seemed a bit weird IMO.
Mostly cause of her rule, so it had to become possible for her to hold it, which a beam of light typically isnt, so no surprise to me at-least that it looks weird

So My Relativistic Shigaraki Calc can be used? Rock eyebrow

Mostly cause of her rule, so it had to become possible for her to hold it, which a beam of light typically isnt, so no surprise to me at-least that it looks weird
Problem is that, I'm talking about the laser part that got past her. Not that she can even hold it, that's understandable since it's reality warping.

Picking up where we left off, as I expected. I've seen people complain as if this is all Izuku's fault for not one shotting Toga. I don't see how this is the case when Toga isn't the one causing the problem. Izuku didn't want to waste anymore time and had no idea Toga even had Twice's blood and would Double.

Also Toga's blood stock was useless in this situation, since she was 200 km away from Japan. Her Sad Man's Parade wouldn't be able to leave the island. The only reason the situation has gotten this bad isn't because of Izuku, it's because Kurogiri woke up and can teleport the villains.

Izuku BARELY made it to stop Shigaraki from killing Best Jeanist, Bakugo, and Edgeshot. If he took a few seconds to stop Toga, and that's assuming the Near High-Ends that were rampaging around wouldn't slow him down at all. He likely would've arrived too late to save them.

Toga's having trouble as expected. She isn't good in a straight fight with multiple people and even the Near High-Ends are being handled. Interestingly, the Near High-End Gang Orca is fighting doesn't possess Super Regeneration. Despite the fact we know all Upper-Tier and higher Nomu come with regeneration.

This line is important, I think this may mean AFO gave someone else Super Regeneration. Either that or Shiggy did lose Super Regeneration from Star and Stripe's Quirk Rebellion and had to take the Near High-End's Quirk for himself. Though I feel like that would've been made clearer before the battle started.

Can't tell if Gang Orca is harming the Near High-End or not, I'd need to see the official cleaner scans before making any judgement. They expected Toga to have someone's blood as a ace in the hole, expecting AFO or Shigaraki isn't that bad. They know she can copy Quirks, but they don't know the limitations of her Quirk.

Tricking the heroes out with a fake blood vial is honestly pretty smart. She did end up revealing to them that she can copy Quirks, so them being wary of her Quirk would be a given. Have literally no idea why Toga turned into Tsuyu for a second, in fact those series of panels look pretty confusing to me.

Well the Sad Man's Parade is here in full force and with Toga implying clones were sent to other locations as well. Infinite Doubles indeed, with Tsuyu and Uraraka following from behind as well. Short chapter with mostly being a flashback as I expected. Honestly not looking good for them right now.

Don't know how they'll handle Dabi, Prime AFO, and the Sad Man's Parade right now. And who knows what's about to happen in the other locations with Shigaraki and Gigantomachia. I'm legit wondering how they can pull out of this, unless AFO and Dabi both bite the dust before doing anything.

A shorter chapter that builds up from the previous one.

Last edited:
Episode is out and man are the anime onlies gonna flip. This was another fine adaptation and Dabi of course stole the show.

Some stuff to note:
Dabi activating PB was really good looking.
Dabi and Shoto’s voice acting was fantastic.
Jeanist showing up was hype and hopefully the anime fans will stop clowning this dude.
Ochaco vs Toga felt slower in the anime but was ultimately fine.

Also next episode we get some more POWERRR!

At this point though I’m mainly excited for Deku black.

Dabi's dance scene was very extra as expected. Ended with the arrival of Best Jeanist. For some reason they shows Jeanist is in the plane at the start.

This episode properly showed the destruction Machia left in his wake. We see people trying to remove chunks of buildings off of loved ones or children crying alone with no one else in sight. This is more for a future episode, but they showed a small clip of Toya's death and the forest fire is just the normal fire color.

Was hoping it'd be a blue forest fire.

Dabi's build up to his Prominence Burn seems to be the highlight animation moment in this episode. Although the dance all around was fantastic. Gotta give props to Dabi's voice actor and the OST. They're really selling how much "fun" Dabi is having and just how unhinged he is.

Also the shot of Dabi when he ask Endeavor to dance with him in hell was taken from Chapter 300. I really like that.

I was hoping Eri would become Izuku's successor in an epilogue, but the whole "Izuku will likely be the final wielder" thing kinda threw a wrench in that idea...
Deku is at least 16 years old currently
Eri is at least 7 years old now
If Deku retires and passes his 'power' to another (something currently impossible, but let's ignore it for convenience) it would probably be him as an adult pulling old and giving it to a teenager
Times do not give for Eri or one of the children that Deku rescued to be a successor

So... about the 9-B MHA:
I don't want a 9-b MHA, but I have a problem with humanity in high 8-C
Gentle Criminal is 8-C, and has a x24 amp that makes him comparable to Izuku at 8% (he can't get Deku's x3 on him and he can't like using an Unknown either)
so it doesn't make much sense to me the fact that half the world scales from base to a level exaggeratedly above Gentle.
And Rikiya just doesn't scale anyone, so the super muscular guy is outclassed in base strength by almost half the world.

The only 2 children with quirk in the series i think could actually able to receive OFA and not have their lives shorten are Eri and the Heroes Rising kid. Eri since if she eventually master Rewind and can use the quirk on herself should be able to avoid the multiple quirks backlash by rewinding certain aspect of herself to live longer, and the HR kid since maybe a OFA enhanced Cell activation could keep him alive faster than OFA itself could shorten his lifespan

I think I may have found a slight issue.

• Delaware Smash Air Force: Deku uses his Air Force Gloves to fire a compressed air blast against his enemy. It has enough force to hurt and stun Gentle Criminal in mid-air, giving Deku an opening to catch up to him. This technique requires at least 20% of One For All's power to be used, and he can fire up to four wind blasts at once with one hand.

So Deku needs at least 20% to use Air Force smashes, but for Gentle's durability it says "(Able to take Air Force Smashes from 8% Deku)"

So can Deku use Air Force at 8% or does he need to have 20?

I may be wrong here but IDK

Exaggeration on my part, but the scaling of several of these comes from the start of the series, where they weren't really physically trained compared to the average human
Mineta, high 8-C durability scalating school festival of robots
Yuga Aoyama scale of the mineta
Mine scale of Aoyama, who scale of Mineta
Momo, Jiro, Denki scale from the random villains of the first saga, who scale from mineta
all these do not have a real difference to a common human at the time

Now, high 8-C is simply more consistent than any other tier, still, I don't like where it leaves Gentle.

Now, high 8-C is simply more consistent than any other tier, still, I don't like where it leaves Gentle.
This doesn't change if they're 9-B or any other tier though?

Let's say Gentle is baseline human level at 60 Joules. With Lover Mode he becomes 24X stronger (1440 J or 1.4 KJ) and is now 9-C, which is Street level.

Monoma and the others who are scaling would be close to baseline 9-C/Street level, they'd be 1440/3 = 480 J. (8% Izuku scales to Lover Mode Gentle)

The gap between them remained the same.

This gap doesn't exist due to our ratings, the verse itself has created this gap. Gentle's Lover Mode is several dozens times and Twin Impact is just several times, no dozen.

Izuku uses Air Force by increasing his percentage to 20% at the moment of impact.

Chapter 172 is when they discussed this.

The 20% air pressure from his finger flick is scaling to 8% for harming Lover Mode Gentle and 8% Izuku himself when it was reflected back.

8% cannot produce the wind pressure needed for Air Force.

I'm a little surprised people are confused by this.
I think we need to revise Beros (the arrow girl)‘s durability then

She has Low 7-C+ durability for surviving an Air Force hit from Deku. But Deku’s Air Force at this point is only High 8-C+

I think we need to revise Beros (the arrow girl)‘s durability then

She has Low 7-C+ durability for surviving an Air Force hit from Deku. But Deku’s Air Force at this point is only High 8-C+
That's a different Air Force. His Air Force in WHM harm himself and can deflect her arrows as well, meaning they scale to 10-15%.

Back