• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No, it is violent fragmentation. Pieces of stone are still visible
No, the fragments are too small compared to what they were before.

It's like saying completely destroying a building and only leaving pebble sized fragments wouldn't be pulverization. Most of the building was actually pulverized.
So why doesn't every explosion created by Bakugou are airburst?
I don't understand your question, it is a ground burst explosion when it comes in contact with the ground or a surface, and an airburst when it doesn't, shooting an explosion directly to the sky is not a ground burst because the explosion had plenty of space to propagate.
Fragmenting rock is not 20 PSI.
Rock fragmentation is 6 MPA aka 870 PSI...

Yeah looking over some ways back I doubt a psi of only 6 would not cut it for some of these feats. Particularly Todoroki’s ice one since it’s covering literally hundreds of meters of ice

No, the fragments are too small compared to what they were before.

It's like saying completely destroying a building and only leaving pebble sized fragments wouldn't be pulverization. Most of the building was actually pulverized.
Just because its small doesn't mean anything. In fact, these rocks were naturally already small. Bakugou just destroyed them to the point that they became even smaller. Besides, there is a minimal view of what happened to the concrete, we only saw a single panel, which doesn't even show the complete result.

Assuming pulverization with that panel is not a good idea, and it's not even close to the example you gave
it is a ground burst explosion when it comes in contact with the ground or a surface, and an airburst when it doesn't, shooting an explosion directly to the sky is not a ground burst because the explosion had plenty of space to propagate.
"Ground" is subjective in the formula, it can be a body or a hand. As far as I know and have seen, what matters is the epicenter

In Bakugou's case, the epicenter is his hand, which in this case is on the ground
Rock fragmentation 8 MPA aka 870 PSI...
The fragmentation method is not the same as in the new standard. Otherwise, fragmenting reinforced buildings would be ~70000 PSI lol

Last edited:
An explosion with a PSI of less than 15 is capable of destroying concrete barely touching it

Baku's blast didn't even get through the ice completely, since the concrete on the ground is still intact

Besides, this explosion you showed has no target

I didn’t say he got through the ice completely

But he still went halfway through which is 150 meters of pure ice. The explosion you’re showing me right now has nothing but air to block it while Bakugou’s went through a massive blockade of ice first.

That's sounds good, though an old calc group member got like 2 tons of TNT using that method.
Can you find it?

Me too dumb to actually think of a good shape for the rocks to be (To me they look like two cones got smashed together but again, me dumb)
Actually would we be able to add the extra 2 tons to the explosions we currently use? Bringing it up to 7.12 (I think that’s the number)
also Bakugou completely negates the force that he creates on himself as a back blast which caused massive cracks on the ground Class 10 Bakugou?

Me sitting back and enjoying y'all debate over whether or not 9-B MHA will be a thing again:

giphy.gif

Me sitting back and enjoying y'all debate over whether or not 9-B MHA will be a thing again:

giphy.gif
It….
wont, even if this specific one gets removed, we have plent more high 8-C feats to use as back up. And we will likely always have the base Deku scaling (base Deku is 3x weaker than 8%, which for now is 8.12 and 2.7 tons respectively)

Can you find it?

Me too dumb to actually think of a good shape for the rocks to be (To me they look like two cones got smashed together but again, me dumb)
Actually would we be able to add the extra 2 tons to the explosions we currently use? Bringing it up to 7.12 (I think that’s the number)
also Bakugou completely negates the force that he creates on himself as a back blast which caused massive cracks on the ground Class 10 Bakugou?
Assuming you’re talking about the Uraraka feat, why not use her weight limit and find the volume that way?
3 tons is 3000kg, density of cement is 1440 kg/m3 giving a volume of 2.03 cubic meters or 2,083,333.33 cubic cm.
Fragmentation gives wall level yields 💀

It….
wont, even if this specific one gets removed, we have plent more high 8-C feats to use as back up. And we will likely always have the base Deku scaling (base Deku is 3x weaker than 8%, which for now is 8.12 and 2.7 tons respectively)
I was basing the joke off of other people in the thread joking around saying that MHA would be back at 9-B. Now let me have my moment.

You have to make the strongest composite MHA human by combining stats from different characters. Here’s the catch though; you can’t use any character’s statistics that are amplified by their quirks. So, essentially, you’re going to only be using character strength and speed that isn’t strengthened by their quirks.

You have to make the strongest composite MHA human by combining stats from different characters. Here’s the catch though; you can’t use any character’s statistics that are amplified by their quirks. So, essentially, you’re going to only be using character strength and speed that isn’t strengthened by their quirks.
Mine would be:

Strength: Rappa
Speed: Toga
Lifting Strength: Aizawa
Combat Skill: Stain
IQ: All For One
Durability: Star and Stripe

Strength: USJ Nomu
Speed: Hood
Lifting Strength: Endeavor
Combat Ability: Izuku Midoriya
Intelligence: All For One
Durability: All For One / Tomura Shigaraki

Easy peasy 🥱

Strength: beginning of series quirkless izuku
Speed: beginning of series quirkless izuku
Lifting Strength: beginning of series quirkless izuku
Combat Skill: Mirio Togata
IQ: All For One
Durability: beginning of series quirkless izuku

Strongest composite MHA human yeah? Thats easy. Ill just use my own stats.

Back