• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Season 6 is still going very strong right now. Episode was great. It ends with Shigaraki being woken up.

The part before the opening was good, showing off stuff while giving an explanation about Hawks' Quirk again. Despite being the "recap" portion I think it was done extremely well. They didn't show Tokoyami saving Hawks, but they did show him notice the blue flames. We'll likely see it in the next episode.

Lots of new animation and moments between the High-Ends vs the Heroes. Mirko getting more love, Endeavor also getting cool shots, and Crust surprisingly has some cool impact moments as well. Woman analyzing each Heroes' Quirk was well done and much better then it had any right to be in all honesty.

They also did not hold back on Mirko getting injured all over her body. The only thing I found slightly lackluster was Endeavor punching down the High-End Nomu when saving Mirko, I feel like that impact was much better in the manga. Especially with the Heroes don't give up line and Endeavor's eye trailing behind the Nomu.

Don't mind it too much, but that was the "biggest" problem I had with the episode. Present Mic's loud voice attack was very well animated. Though the doctor being sent flying and his ears bleeding was removed, he just got knocked back and no ear bleed. Shigaraki's body falling was also weirdly well animated for some reason.

The doctor's speech while Mic carries him off was much more unsettling now that it was voiced.

Next episode preview showing that we're getting some extended battles with the High-End Nomu, with Endeavor engaging some attacks from Woman. We also see Ryukyu and Gran Torino fighting some Nomu in the hospital area above ground as well. So their will be some extra moments that are looking good.

Next episode is likely adapting Chapter 271, Chapter 272, and will end on Chapter 273 with Endeavor about to battle Shigaraki.

That episode title is The Thrill of Destruction, same title as Chapter 273.
I forgot how fast paced the war was, 4 episodes in and Shiggy's already awake

I guess the Dark Deku Arc may happen this season, hopefully that gets extended too

I don't have any doubt we'll see Izuku vs Class 1-A this season. However, how this season ends is going to be a big discussion point. I see some people wondering if the Star and Stripe fight can fit in Season 6. Seems like this'll become just like Endeavor vs High-End being in Season 4.

The two big ending point I see being mention is either Ochako's speech or the Star and Stripe battle. What do you guys think the Season will end on?

Ending on Star and Stripe would be 75 chapters in one Season, chapter 259 to 334, which would be higher than last season. Season 6 was Chapter 190 to 258, 68 chapters. Doing another 68 chapters would end on All Might's talk with Stain. So unless they really drag some moments out...

I don't see how Season 6 could adapt less chapters than Season 5, especially when there is going to be so many battles. Season 5 did have lots of battles as well, but remember that there were two non canon filler episodes. Also episode 17 was dragged out and didn't even adapt two whole chapters.

Having 75 chapters in one Season isn't impossible. I believe Ochako's speech is happening at the least.

Pretty sure they’re ending on Ochako’s speech, if not slightly past it. I would much rather they end it on 317 cause that would be a fantastic ending but that’s not realistic unfortunately.

Star and Stripe is definitely the opening for Season 7, everything about her screams “opening act to the end” like her speech on opposing AFO and her bros joining the fight.

The only thing I’m hoping for is more Dark Deku before 1-A get him back. Idc if it’s filler, a movie or something, just give me more of that month timeskip.

Honestly the Dark Deku stuff getting a slight expansion isn't all that unlikely to me. I think Ochako's speech would be a more fitting ending. Chapter 317 as an ending would be pretty sick, but there is no doubt in my mind we're getting Class 1-A bringing Izuku back this season.

With maybe a Star and Stripe tease at the end? They'd have to do less chapters than Season 5 to end with Ochako's speech. They'll need to expand some moments or maybe have a filler episode. Like I said, Dark Deku is practically screaming to be extended in some way.

Honestly I'd be fine with a movie like that or a filler episode. I'd prefer a movie since it'd be more likely to be accepted as canon.

I don't see Star and Stripe vs Shiggy happening this season, that feels like a very beginning of next season deal

Next season could be extended a lot via being Final Arc

I see My Hero Academia going another 30 chapters tops, right so if they end on 317. They’d need about 80 chapters to adapt.

Which is doable in a regular season I think.

They’re probably ending on 327 when Deku goes to sleep.

That leaves 43 chapters currently to adapt for the final arc, and there’s still a lot to go before it’s resolved. So we’ll see if it takes an entire season to be resolved or not, cause it’s mostly fighting so it might go by faster than a normal season

I see My Hero Academia going another 30 chapters tops, right so if they end on 317. They’d need about 80 chapters to adapt.

There is no way it ends on Chapter 317. Asui's render for Season 6 is from her cover page in Chapter 320, which means we're getting Class 1-A confronting Izuku.

Since I don't see why her Season 6 render would be from a chapter they aren't adapting.

I'd like to think MHA will make it to Chapter 400.

Only 30? That feels a bit short with what we have going on right now like Toga vs Uraraka, Shoto vs Dabi round 2, AFO shenanigans, Aoyama vs that assassin, Mina and Kirishima guarding Machia, Shoji and Mic vs Spinner and either Kurogiri and Machia joining the fight. Deku vs Tomura isn’t even done.

War started on 343, so we’ve had 28 chapters so far (343-370)

In 28 chapters, literally 0 fights have resolved, Dabi is still popping off, Shigaraki just awakened again, Deku’s got a time limit that he hasn’t started to reach yet, Prime AFO is about to go hard, Endeavor lost his arm and probably is still gonna try to fight, Ochako vs Toga hasn’t even been seen and we’ve got TONS of characters that haven’t even shown up like Gentle and La Brava, Stain, possibly Nagant and Overhaul.

There’s so much left that 30 chapters is not going to cover.

I'm fully onboard with La Brava "fighting" Skeptic in some way. I mean he's going after the evacuated civilians, someone needs to stop him. The gorilla officer that was talking with Gentle is also shown to be at the final battle in the hospital, Gentle showing up to protect the hospital would be really cool.

There is no way it ends on Chapter 317. Asui's render for Season 6 is from her cover page in Chapter 320, which means we're getting Class 1-A confronting Izuku.

Since I don't see why her Season 6 render would be from a chapter they aren't adapting.

I'd like to think MHA will make it to Chapter 400.
Ah so probably then go up to 327 like someone else said. Either

Only 30? That feels a bit short with what we have going on right now like Toga vs Uraraka, Shoto vs Dabi round 2, AFO shenanigans, Aoyama vs that assassin, Mina and Kirishima guarding Machia, Shoji and Mic vs Spinner and either Kurogiri and Machia joining the fight. Deku vs Tomura isn’t even done.
I mean look at everything that’s happened since chapter 340.

I think My hero is gonna end on kind of like the fire force chapter numbers. Where it’s like on the very low end of 400’s like 404 or something like that.

Hell Bakugo just got a real awakening and is going to be getting back up, Mirko is standing up, Mirio still has a role to play I’m sure. We’ve got the villains inside the UA shelters that are going to be causing trouble, Machia is guaranteed being freed, Shinso still has a huge role to play according to Horikoshi…

******* ALL MIGHT HIMSELF hasn’t shown up to fight someone yet, and we all KNOW he’s going to have one last hoorah before he meets whatever fate Horikoshi has for him.

There is so much going on that has yet to even get started, no way we end this in less than 60 chapters.

Hell Bakugo just got a real awakening and is going to be getting back up, Mirko is standing up, Mirio still has a role to play I’m sure. We’ve got the villains inside the UA shelters that are going to be causing trouble, Machia is guaranteed being freed, Shinso still has a huge role to play according to Horikoshi…

******* ALL MIGHT HIMSELF hasn’t shown up to fight someone yet, and we all KNOW he’s going to have one last hoorah before he meets whatever fate Horikoshi has for him.

There is so much going on that has yet to even get started, no way we end this in less than 60 chapters.
Yeah I assume that’s why Horikoshi said he was reconsidering ending the story early. There’s still a lot of plot stuff that needs an explanation

Actually speaking on that
@Damage3245 I have this, and while the mid ends are the accepted ones, I have a feeling that when push comes to shove and it actually gets looked at it’ll switch to low end because that’s what calc group members seem to like, which makes sense, no point in inflation
Anyways can you look at it so our dreams don’t get crushed later and we can just get it over with

nah, that would be lame, it would be like saying "Oh, we could always build something capable of defeating the most powerful criminal in the world, but, we just decided not to ha ha"
You mean the armor that they literally couldn’t have made until the super geniuses Mei and Melissa showed up and have been making items that are literally at that level? With Momo + Mei/Melissa literally anything is possible, it’s not like it was always an option. This ties into All Might’s realization that the younger generation is getting stronger beyond their Quirks, like how he originally couldn’t even wear any armor because it broke but now here is Deku whose Mid Gauntlets are surviving beyond Prime All Might attacks.

It is not ridiculous at all that All Might would have repurposed one of his old combat suits to be able to fight one last time. If anything I’d say it’s been set up for that to happen.

Is this a Class 25 feat for Bakugou? 5% Deku punched Bakugou in the face and is continuously pushing him with his fist, and Bakugou is pushing back evenly.

Back